Solutions

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ri Han's POV

The bell just rang for the last class of the day, meaning that class has ended, last period has ended!

Yoon Ji and I were going to change out of our uniforms before going to a nearby mall, the Ramen Shopping Center (made up, obviously).

It was one the largest malls with everything from clothing, shoes, food, automobiles, real estate, and more. It was also divided into seasons and then occasions and it had everything from brand-names to handmade. There was even a section specifically for IKA students that want to sell their things such as food, clothing designs, and so on. Most of our sunbaes would sell their design in the mall and that's how they become famous designers.

Yoon Ji changed into a light brown, oversized, knit sweater and black tights, finishing it off with a pair of brown ankle boots.

I chose a little less itchy and tight outfit, consisting of a plain black t-shirt with a red and black flannel over it with ripped skinny jeans and sneakers.

We were putting our necessary belongings in our own bag before heading out the door.

"Keys?" I asked since I was already out the door.

"Yup!" Yoon Ji answered back.

"Let's go!" I called out to her as she rushed to the door.

"I hope I find 'the dress' like in all the American movies," Yoon Ji's imagination started.

"Haha. I hope you do to," I smiled at her, but my mind was elsewhere.

'How do I help unnie reject Kyungsoo, make it not awkward, but still maintain their friendship?' that was all I could thing about at the moment.

We both grabbed something from a Dunkin Donuts near the school which just opened a few days ago so it was fairly new. I got my usual, a large Red Sunset Lemon Iced Tea something I almost ordered back at home. Yoon Ji got a medium Cookie & Cream Choco which took her forever to decide on as usual since, as I quote, "There are so many delicious options! I can't help it if I want them all."

I usually try one thing and order the same thing all the time because it's very stressful as well as annoying, especially if the place is busy and there's people behind you. Thankfully, we were behind the line and it was enough time for Yoon Ji to decide what to get when we reached the cashier.

We left the crowded space when we received our orders and started walking to the mall which was only a few streets away. It was enough time for us to finish our drinks by then.

We walked all the way there in silence as per usual since it was something we usually do which started out as a habit we both had when we are eating or drinking or both. If we do talk, it's usually big news or something really important. I was too busy thinking about what Hye Jin unnie asked me and even if Yoon Ji was talking to me, I couldn't really hear a thing to be honest.

We were right behind the doors before throwing out our empty beverages and pushing the doors opened. At least I was still somewhat paying attention to my surroundings so that I wouldn't bump into the anything or anyone, the door in this specific situation.

The temperature difference between outside and the mall were so conflicting that it brought me back to reality.

"Woah! This mall is huge!" Yoon Ji and I both gaped at the gigantic mall. We actually both knew that the mall was going to be fairly large, but I didn't expect it to be this enormous.

"This is going to be so exciting! I can't wait to check out everything. I can even live here! Then again, they do have a hotel section!" Yoon Ji squealed.

And thus we began our journey at the Ramen Mall. The mall was a bit too glamorous and exquisite that I could hardly focus on Hye Jung unni's problems as we were looking around for Yoon Ji's dress.

It wasn't until we were almost done exploring 93 percent of the mall that I remembered while waiting for Yoon Ji to try on a dress one of the IKA graduates/sunbaes made. I was mentally in the OTL position.

"Think, Ri Han. Think. You can do this," I encouraged myself as I heard the curtain rings clang with the metal bar to see Yoon Ji in the dress.

It was a pearl white strapless dress which ended slightly around her knees. The actual dress was above her knees, but above it was a thin layer of white see-through fabric with floral patterns on it. She also wore a necklace that was given to her by Jung So Min sunbaenim and a little pin shaped like flower along. The bracelet and earrings she was already wearing made the outfit even better. Yoon Ji wore a pair of lace platform sandals that So Min sunbae gave to her to match the dress and that was definitely a good choice. Everything just complemented each other so well. She was like a fairy tale princess. It was one of Yoon Ji's most stunning moments and she'll be even more gorgeous during the actual prom with her hair and make-up done.

"Give me your honest opinion," Yoon Ji said as she twirled in the dress.

"That's it!" I shouted feeling the eureka in me.

"Uhh...I don't think the 'that's it!' was for me," Yoon Ji gave me a confused and worried look.

"Oh oops. There's been something that's been bothering me and I finally found the solution. Thanks Yoon Ji!" I explained.

"Ahh...that's why you've been spaced out so much today ever since that short break," Yoon Ji nodded.

"Mian. But the 'that's it' applies to both. That dress is definitely the dress," I replied.

"I thought so too. Just wanted a third opinion," she beamed.

"Sunbaenim, how much does this cost including the accessories that come along with it?" Yoon Ji asked So Min sunbae.

"We're having a pre-winter sale so everything you buy is 25% off and since you are also our hoobaes and a student, so with all the discounts combined, that's 50% off and the accessories are free so...₩85,000 plus the shoes ₩50,000...₩135,000 multiplied by point 5...₩67,500. The total is ₩67,500," So Min sunbae replied with a smile.

"Okay. Here," Yoon Ji said as she handed So Min sunbae the credit card she worked hard to earn (also known as begging, whining, and other forms of annoyance) from her parents during her last birthday.

"Thanks for shopping at Gat-Gong (같공; from 같은 공주 Gat-eun Gong-Ju which means like a princess/princess-like; name of the store owned by Jung So Min), girls!" So Min sunbae smiled.

"No problem, sunbae," Yoon Ji as she turned to me.

"Are you not going to get your outfit?" Yoon Ji asked me.

"Nope. I'll get it when it's closer to the actual day of prom," I replied before we bowed and left the store.

"Ah, okay. Sunbae, if you have the dress for Ri Han, please save reserve it!" Yoon Ji requested.

"Sure and if I don't, I'll just make you one," So Min sunbae replied with a wink.

"Thank you!" Yoon Ji and I chorused together before bowing.

"Be safe on your way back!" she yelled after us as we started to walk to the entrance of the store.

"Neh!" we replied again as we pushed open the door.

"Woah, what time is it? It's so dark outside already," Yoon Ji asked when we saw the pitch black sky with a few stars glistening in the sky.

I whipped out my phone and clicked the on button.

"Apparently it's almost 6:30 PM. We should hurry and go back to the campus," I replied.

"Yeah. I don't want anybody creepin' in my heart," she joked.

"Good one," I laughed.

"Let's go," Yoon Ji as she hurried to the escalator.

We rode the escalator down to the lobby floor/first floor and zipped and buttoned up our jackets. We pushed open the door and a gust of wind just hit our faces.

"Why is it so cold already?!" I shivered.

"Hoodie!" Yoon Ji shouted since she covered herself with a scarf. We both pulled up our hoodies and made sure it was tight enough to keep us warm for the time being. I took out my gloves since I didn't expect it to be this cold outside and put it over my hands.

"Ah better!" we both said in unison.

"Let's hurry back. I don't think I can stand the cold," Yoon Ji told me.

"I agree. Let's run for it, but be careful of the outfit," I replied before we ran all the way back to school in 5 minutes. We passed the security camera, iris scanner (eyes), fingerprint scanner, and security guard before heading inside the dorm for girls building.

"Ahh! So warm," we sighed once we entered the heated lobby. We removed our scarves, gloves, etc. as we walked and waited for the elevator.

We were too busy getting warmed up to chat as we waited.

"Annyeong," we both said our goodbyes before entering our rooms.

We were too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter