Let Me Protect You

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-jin's POV

When I arrived back at the dorm classes had ended and to my surprise Taemin was sitting on the front stoop of the Girls’ Dormitory. My heart stopped beating for a moment as he looked up at me dragging his hand through his raven black hair revealing his onyx eyes. God, he looked like a true depiction of the devil.

“Hye-jin,” he smiled innocently as he stood up and walked to meet me where I was just feet away “I was waiting for you,”

“What reason would you have to wait for me?” I drawled looking away from him.

“Go with me to the dance,” him smirked before gently cupping my cheek with his hand forcing me to face him.

“I have a date and even if I didn’t I wouldn’t go with you,” I pulled away in disgust.

How dare he?!

“That’s a shame. I considered asking Ri but from what I’ve heard she’s going with Luhan,” he feigned sadness before leaning closer to me “I never said I was finished with you and your sister,”

“You’re done when I say you are,” I spat raising my hand to push him away but he grabbed my arm before I could do anything.

“What happened to the time when you loved me?” he whispered into my ear as he pulled me close enough his chest was pressed against his.

My heart nearly beat out of my chest as he spoke those words. The memories of long ago came crawling back into my mind.

“You happened,”

“You make it so hard for me to let go Hye,” he chuckled before releasing my arm “I know you took part in getting Luhan and your sister together,”

“So, what if I did,” I scoffed and rolled my eyes “She will be in much better company with him than she ever was with you,”

“I’ll make you regret this,” he smiled and looked around as other student began to watch our interaction “How about you play nice for once,”

“I already regret ever meeting you. What more can I do?” I glared up at him meeting his eyes that sparkled playfully.

“Give her back to me,” he smirked before grasping the back of my neck and forcefully placing his lips on mine despite my struggle to shove him off me “I’ll see you at the dance,”

I stood there mortified as he walked away nonchalantly as if nothing happened. How could he just do that? It wasn’t long before I heard the whispers of my classmates spreading that I had kissed him in front of the dorm and I could help but dread what was going to happen once Rihan found out.

Quickly I ran into the dorm and made it into my room before the tears I was holding back spilled from my eyes. How could I have ever let such a person like that into me and my sister’s life?

Gently I laid down my bags from the mall onto my bed and slid down on to the floor. He can’t ruin this for us. Rihan has worked so hard to feel normal again I refuse to let him hurt her anymore. She deserves to be happy.

I sat on the floor for a good half an hour in panic before the sound of someone knocking on the door resounded in the room.  Unwillingly I got up to see who it was only to be surprised to see Sehun standing outside my door.

“What are you doing here?” I mumbled as I opened the door only to be shoved out of the way as he entered the room.

“You’re dating the junior class president?” he questioned in a serious tone taking me by surprise.

“I’m not and never would,” I answered as he paced making me slightly uncomfortable.

“Then why is everyone saying you are?” he looked back at me with a confused expression “There is even picture of you kissing him,”

“Correction I did not kiss him,” I scowled getting angry “He assaulted me after asking me to go to the dance with him and getting rejected,”

I felt the tears coming back as I remembered the incident.

“That attention seeking bastard,” Sehun growled as he ran a hand through his bleached hair.

Why was Sehun so angry?

“His presence is so threatening,” I mumbled as Sehun pulled me into his arms.

“I know what he’s done Hye-jin,” Sehun stated as silent tears slipped from my eyes “Luhan told me everything. How horrible he was to you and especially Rihan. I won’t let him manipulate you guy’s any longer,”  

“I should’ve agreed to go with him,” I cried as Sehun held me closer “I don’t know what he’s going to do now. He wants her back.”

“You did the right thing rejecting him. Luhan will protect her,” he sighed gently brushing the hair from my face.

“I’m supposed to be the one to protect her,” I sniffled as I buried my face into his shoulder “I can never forgive myself,”

“Hye-jin you can’t do everything on your own all the time. Rihan is surrounded by people who love her and can share this burden with you,” he calmly stated, “For instance Yoon-ji would probably pitch a fit if he tried to pull anything else,”

“Yeah Yoon-ji would,” I smiled remorsefully and released him “Yoon-ji also has you to back her up”

I sighed and walked toward the window. I forgot about Sehun and Yoon-ji. It was inappropriate for me to have hugged him for so long.

“She’s a sweet girl,” Sehun remarked from behind me.

“It must be why you two are such a good couple,” I sighed looking back at him as he laughed.

“Her and I are just friends nothing more,” he chuckled letting his eyes meet mine “She’s more jealous of the relationship between you and Kyungsoo,”

I shook my head.

“Him and I are just friends. I may be oblivious to my feelings most of the time but I am certain on what I am not,” I paused “I am not in love with Kyungsoo, although I do love him as a human being,”

“Just friends,” Sehun repeated to himself before slowly approaching me “Then what are we?”

“I don’t know,” I whispered and leaned against the window sill.

‘Me neither,” Sehun replied as he placed his hands next to my sides.

“I don’t think I want to be just friends with you,” I mumbled as he leaned his face closer to mine.

“Let me protect you Hye-jin,” he said sincerely before the front door burst open with a giggling Rihan.

“Woah what’s going on here?” she remarked with her jaw dropped.

“Sehun was leaving,” I laughed nervously gently shoving him away from me.

“That right I was just checking up on my bestie,” he joked as he forced a smile “I’ll see you guy’s tomorrow,”

Quickly he made his way to the door brushing past Rihan, the tips of his ears turning bright red.

What just happened?!

"Hye-jin?"

Ri Han's POV

"U-uh that...w-we weren't...uhm..." Hye Jin laughed nervously again.

"Mhm," I hummed in reply, walking over carefully. I grabbed her wrists gently and we walked over as we sat down on my bed.

"Details," I smiled as she looked down and played with her hands.

"W-what d-details? W-we s-seriously...n-nothing h-happened," Hye Jin continued to stutter.

"Unni," I slowly began, "I saw with my own eyes, you can't hide it. And if you're worried about Kyungsoo oppa, I'm sure he'll understand."

"W-what? No it's not because of Kyungsoo, I was just crying b-because of.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter