I am, Cinderella? [9/?]

I am, Cinderella? [on hold until further notice]

 

a/n: oh yay~ at last~ ^^ finished it, i really wanted to post it yesterday, but i wasn't able to finish it >< well, hope you guys like it~ it's a bit boring, i think.... ><
 

CHAPTER 9

Sooyoung’s alarm goes off again, and she wakes up. She looks outside, it was still dark. She changed her waking time, so that if her stepmother would order her to do a chore again, she would have finished preparing for school. She got out of bed and takes a bath.

She goes to the kitchen and fix herself a cup of coffee. She busied herself by making breakfast. It was a peaceful morning, actually everyone was just to sleepy to talk and argue. Sooyoung waited all throughout the morning, but her stepmother didn’t call nor ordered her to to something. She felt a bit frustrated, she woke up early for nothing.

“But, I still got to get used to it. it might come in handy.” She muttered to herself. She lets out a yawn and goes to school.

&&

Sooyoung had mixed emotions when Friday comes. She was happy she’ll get time away from school and work. But it was better than being stuck at home and being ordered.

She sighed as she arrives at school and goes to her classroom. When she arrived, she was a bit surprised to see so many students, mainly girls, outside the doors, looking inside the classroom, with dreamy expressions on their faces.

“What’s going on…” she wondered and excused herself through the crowd. She successfully passed through and is now inside. She saw why there were many students. She saw Donghae talking to his brother, Kyuhyun. It was actually the first time a sunbae, and a good looking sunbae at that to come to their classroom.

She looks at the two, who were talking. Both were really good looking. Yes, she admits Kyuhyun is good looking, but she convinces herself that that’s all there is to it. and besides, Donghae was more appealing and she likes him more.

‘Oh~ a bit defensive now are we?’ a part of her said.

She ignored her inner self and came back to her senses when she heard her name.

“Hey Soo!” Donghae called, smiling brightly at her.

She felt her cheeks burn as she shyly smiled back at the cute sunbae. She carefully approaches.

“Good morning Soo.” Donghae greeted her with that same cute smile.

“Good morning oppa.” She replied as she puts her bag on the table and stands awkwardly beside it.

“Hey pork bun girl.” Kyuhyun butts in with a smirk.

Sooyoung looks at him and glared, but it only lasted for a split second, she was afraid that Donghae might see it so she smiled bitterly at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun chuckles at her reaction. He totally understands why she did that.

Donghae meanwhile wanted to stay and chat, but the bell just rang and it was time for class. He bid the two goodbye. “I’ll be going now Kyu, Soo.” He said, nodding at the two respectively. “See you at lunch.” He said, looking at Sooyoung then left.

Sooyoung’s heart just skipped a beat after receiving the look from Donghae just gave her. She was really feeling good inside, until someone just ruined the moment.

“Soo, crushing on my hyung now huh?” she heard the husky voice of the one sitting behind her.

She immediately looks at Kyuhyun to deny it, but she was shocked when she realized Kyuhyun whispered to her, and their faces were really close. Her heart beat a million times faster than before. She turns away from him.

“N-no!” she blinked and returns her attention in the front, the teacher just arrived, followed shortly by her best friend, Tiffany.

“Oh, Ms. Hwang, aren’t you a bit haggard this morning? Please take your seat.” the teacher said, looking at Tiffany, who looked like she just ran in a marathon. Tiffany nodded and took her seat, but before she could finally relax, the teacher remembered something and looks at her.

“Oh right. Did you finish writing the storyline for your idea?”

Tiffany looks at her and nodded, “Yes Ms. Gu. I’ve finished it.”

“Well, that’s good. We only have a month a half to prepare for it.” she said, looking at all of the students. “Please share your work to class Ms. Hwang.” Ms. Gu said, going to side to listen.

Tiffany nods, she nervously goes to the front and faces the class. She looks at Sooyoung, who gave her a thumbs up and a cheering smile. She smiled back and started.

“Well, as you all know, my idea is a mash-up of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I think it will be good to do something new for our class to be distinguished from others.” She paused for a while then continued. “So here goes…” she puts up her material up for her to read and started reading. 

Sooyoung was listening for a while, but she felt really sleepy suddenly. she started to doze off, but she still tried hard to focus and listen to Tiffany. But her sleepiness is slowly winning. She slaps herself to keep from falling asleep.

“Aish, I guess waking up early is not such a good idea after all…” she yawned, and still desperately tries to stay awake.

Suddenly, she felt someone touch her at the back, not only touch, but actually touching her, like spelling a word on her back. She jumped at the contact and glanced at her side.

‘Now what the hell is he doing?!’ she thought incredulously.

&&

Kyuhyun was bored and isn’t actually interested in the story, anything is fine with him. His attention danced from Tiffany, Ms. Gu, his classmates, and finally to the girl in front of him.

He noticed that her head was moving from one side to another, and that it falls down slowly then jerks up back again. He then finally realized that she was sleepy and tried hard not to fall asleep, even slapping herself on the process.

He chuckled softly, this girl really never fails to amuse him. he suddenly thought of something that might help her to prevent her from falling asleep. He leans closer to Sooyoung, and wrote words on her back using his finger.

“You look sleepy. Perfect for the play.”

He watched as Sooyoung’s body moved from the sudden contact. He looks at her as she did a side glance, with an expression of utter surprise on her face.

“What? I’m helping you here.” He carefully wrote the words down on her back again. he looks at her and waited for a response. When nothing came, he assumed that she didn’t understand what he meant.

“Staying awake.” He wrote again. He saw Sooyoung’s tensed body relax. She must’ve agreed, in a way.

“Wow, first time you actually agreed with me.” After writing it, he saw her head tilt to the side, and a tongue stick out.

Kyuhyun smiled, “Merong~”

&&

Sooyoung was a bit shocked and reluctant at first, but she relaxed after a few minutes. It did actually helped her from not sleeping in class.

‘He’s actually… not really bad…’ she thought.

“Did you sleep?” she reads. She her head and then lowers it, and did it twice.

“Why are you sleepy then?” she honestly didn’t know how to answer him. so she didn’t do anything. “Maybe you woke up early then.” He wrote, she was a bit surprised, how did he know that?

“Relax, I’m not psychic.” He wrote when he noticed her body tensed again. Sooyoung heard a soft chuckle from behind.

Kyuhyun was writing about something when someone called their attention. He immediately pulled his hand away.

“Kyuhyun and Sooyoung, were you two listening to the story?” Ms. Gu asks. The two immediately nods. “Well, okay. So the kiss scene wouldn’t be a problem for you right? Since there was no response from you two earlier--”

“What!?” hearing what Ms. Gu said made Sooyoung stood up. She was absolutely shocked a about it. “K-kiss scene?”

“Yes. Weren’t you listening earlier?” Ms. Gu asks, looking at Tiffany.

“Y-yes. I was.” She slowly nods and takes her seat again. She looks at Tiffany, who was looking at her. “Okay… kiss scene…” she muttered to herself. She sighed when she heard a soft chuckle from the guy behind her.

&&

The classes went on smoothly and Jessica was glad it was lunch time, though she wasn’t actually looking forward to it like before. After that meeting with Yoona, her words really bothered her.

‘But it isn’t exactly Heechul-oppa who said it right? Maybe Yoona’s lying.’ A part of her said and wants to believe it.

‘But we just cut her off, I mean, when that happens, it means he’s hiding something…’ another part of her said.

She thought for a moment, she doesn’t know, she decided to just forget about it. “Aish, talking to my inner selves is pointless.” She muttered to herself as she descend the stairs.

&&

Sooyoung, Tiffany and Kyuhyun were walking in the hallway, headed to the cafeteria.

“Okay, kindly explain to me why there’s a kiss scene?!” Sooyoung asked Tiffany.

“Soo, it’s Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, of course if there’s Sleeping Beauty, there should be a kiss scene.” Tiffany said, can’t help but grin.

“Yeah, Soo. It’s like the trademark of Sleeping Beauty.” Kyuhyun said, joining the conversation.

Sooyoung looks at him, shocked. “Couldn’t you be more helpful huh? You’re supposed to be on my side!” she said.

“Well, yeah. But we can’t anything about it, since the whole class already agreed with it.” Kyuhyun said a matter-of-factly.

Sooyoung wanted to say something, but failed. She just pouted and walked faster. They were already at the cafeteria and the others were already waiting for them.

“Hey guys!” Taeyeon greeted them with a smile. “We were just talking about shopping costumes for your play.”

“Ugh…” Sooyoung said sitting beside Taeyeon.

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asks.

“She’s stressed about the kiss scene.” Tiffany said, giggling a bit.

“Whoa, where are the hyungs?” Kyuhyun asks as he sat beside Sooyoung.

Nobody paid any attention to Kyuhyun because they were busy asking about the kiss scene.

“What!? A kiss scene!?” Taeyeon and Jessica said in unison.

“Whoa, that just boosted my mood up.” Jessica giggled.

“What’s your play again?” Taeyeon asks.

“A mash up of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.” Tiffany said.

“Oh, no matter a kiss scene is relevant.” Taeyeon commented.

“Oh wait, Sooyoung the prince right? So that means she’s going to--” Jessica was saying excitedly when Sooyoung act her off.

“Don’t even think about continuing your sentence Jung. Just drop the matter okay?” Sooyoung told them seriously then stood up. “I’m going to buy food.”

The three girls nodded and stared at Sooyoung until she was far away.

“Okay so, this kiss scene…” they started to talk about it again.

Kyuhyun just laughs at the scene, but he too was thinking about it.

‘A kiss scene…’ he didn’t know what to feel about it.

“Hey, it’s Sooyoung’s first kiss right?” Kyuhyun heard Tiffany say.

‘Really…’ He knows he shouldn’t be, but he can’t help but feel happy hearing about it.

&&

Sooyoung was absolutely stressed about the kiss scene. She didn’t like it at all. One, it was public humiliation. Second, it was her first kiss, and she wants her first to be with someone she loves.

“Aish, I’ve got to think of something to prevent the kiss scene.” She muttered to herself as she picked up her tray and waits in line to pay.

While waiting she browsers the room, she wants to know if the person’s she’s started like right now is already here. Then, she sees him, she smiled, but it faded quickly as she saw who was with him. it was her step sister, Yoona.

She bit her lip, there was a high possibility that Donghae would fall for her, since she’s beautiful and all. She thought Donghae was different from the boys in her school, but it seems that he’s not, now that she sees how Donghae smiles and talks to Yoona.

“Hey miss. Do you mind?” she heard a little voice behind. She turned and saw no one. Then she noticed someone below, she looked down a bit, a girl was looking at her irritably.

“What? Let me remind you’re in the middle of the line, and we are waiting for you to move.” The girl said, pointing ahead.

Sooyoung looked and immediately picks up her tray to move forward. “I’m so sorry.” She saud facing the girl and the others at the back.

The girl didn’t say anything and ignored her.

Sooyoung had to admit, the girl looks scary even though she’s little. And she’s never seen her before in the campus.

‘So new students are invading the school now!?’ she thought as the line moves again.

&&

Yoona was standing in a corner as she searched for Donghae. Yuri and Seohyun wasn’t with her because she wanted to invite Donghae to eat with her.

She sighed and looked at her watch, 30 minutes passed and she still hadn’t seen him. She was getting hungry. She clutches her stomach.

“Hungry are we?” a familiar voice of a boy enters her ear. She looks at where he was and her expression turned sour. It was Kibum.

“It’s none of your business. Leave.” She said and returned to her search.

“Why are you so cold to me?” Kibum asks.

“Because I don’t like you.” Yoona said bluntly.

“Wow, that’s kind of harsh.” Kibum said, then he leaned in and whispered, “That’s not the Yoona I used to know.”

Yoona was surprised, she backed away and looks at him. “W-what do you mean?”

Kibum shrugged then he looks at someone, “Oh look, the one you’ve waited for has arrived. Have a good lunch!” he smiled and left.

Yoona was dumbfounded. She stared at Kibum’s figure for a moment.

“That’s not the Yoona I used to know."

Yoona shook her head. ‘That doesn’t matter right now. I’ll just forget it.’ she told herself as she approaches Donghae.

But in the back of her mind, Kibum’s words were still there, bothering her.

-tbc-
 
a/n: woot~ till the next one guys... ^^ so what do you think about this pretty boring chapter??? ^^ >< thanks soooo much for waiting patiently.... TT.TT