I am, Cinderella? 11

I am, Cinderella? [on hold until further notice]

 

CHAPTER 11

 

Tiffany looks at the person in front of her in horror, her cheek burned from the slap that she’d received. The only question was as to why, why did she do it?

 

“Sunny…” she called, her voice as faint as a whisper. “Sunny, why--?”

 

“I hate you.” Sunny said, firmly, with so much conviction that Tiffany felt hurt. Sunny’s eyes glared at hers for a mere second , but Tiffany saw it, the teary look in her eyes. She saw her turned and left quickly.

 

Tiffany just stared at Sunny’s figure as she made her way through the crowd, while she, just stood there her hand still on her slapped cheek. Until a murmur of voices snapped her back to reality, she looks around and all of the students were looking at her with looks of suspicion, anyone would after seeing what happened.

 

Before she could make a fool of herself even more, she forced her legs to move from the spot and turned to the exit of the cafeteria, eyes of students still within her wake.

 

&&

 

“Hmm… seems an interesting topic.” Yuri said as they sat back in their seats inside the cafeteria, just near the exit so they indeed saw what happened.

 

Opposite to her was Seohyun, looking worried. She saw how the girl slapped Tiffany and how she talked to her, it was just horrible to her. She doesn’t understand why people could even do that in public.

 

“I think Tiffany has done something bad to whoever the shortie is.” Yuri said, looking at Seohyun as if her conclusion is already true.

 

“But I don’t think unni would do anything bad to anyone.” Seohyun said, defending her. “Let alone to the person, she was even smiling before she was slapped. I think they’re friends.” She added as she remembered her observation.

 

Were friends, is most likely the right thing to say.” Yuri said, emphasizing the first word. “And are friends supposed to slap their friend’s cheek when they meet?” she said, a sarcastic tone in her voice.

 

Seohyun didn’t answer, she really didn’t know. But she still believes in Tiffany, though she’s not really close with her. She likes Tiffany, she’s nice and polite, plus she likes her for her oppa.

 

“Well, whatever it is. I’m sure I’m right.” Yuri shrugged and continued eating.

 

&&

 

Sungmin can’t help but wonder, why she isn’t here, when he’s perfectly sure that he saw her with these people. He was sure, but now, he isn’t anymore.

 

He looks at them, he noticed that Sooyoung and Kyuhyun has a hate relationship, but somehow he felt that Kyuhyun’s act is different in front of her, or rather, it’s like she’s the only one he sees. And then there’s Heechul, the one beside him, the one who’s been tormenting—at least he felt he was tormented—him for the past hour, every time Jessica, the one in his left, says something to him. And there’s the perfect couple Leeteuk and Taeyeon.

 

But he didn’t really care about their relationships, he just wants to see her, for 2 years he searched for her, and he was so close. He sighed, ‘Why did it come to this?’

 

But there was still hope, he was in the same school now, with her, and the campus isn’t really that big, so it isn’t a problem to find her, maybe he’ll start later.

 

Suddenly he heard the name that instantly snapped him back to reality.

 

“Oh yeah… where’s Tiffany by the way?” Sooyoung asks the others.

 

“She was called by your teacher, she said it was about your play.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“Oh, the play…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“What play?” Sungmin asked, if its ‘Tiffany’ related, he wants to know more.

 

“Sooyoung, Tiffany and Kyuhyun’s class are going to hold a play for the entertainment week.” Jessica explained.

 

Sungmin nodded, “Ah... that’s interesting…” he said with a smile.

 

“I know right?” Jessica said excitedly, “Especially when the prince and the princess--”

 

“Ya!” Sooyoung reached out, with her long limbs she was able to reach Jessica and cover before she could say anymore.

 

Sungmin smiled, he’s sure to stick with Sooyoung now, more than ever.

 

&&

 

 

Sooyoung saw him, he was standing beside her, holding her. it was such a pleasant feeling, to feel strong hands around her, protecting her, then his hands reached for her face, caressing it. she looks at the face of the owner of the hands, and was surprised it was Kyuhyun.

 

And before she knew it, he was leaning in, she panicked, but she couldn’t seem to be able to move, their faces were only inches apart now, her heart was racing, she didn’t know what to do, she wanted to break free, but her body isn’t obeying her at all. She looks at him, in his eyes, and she was mesmerized by it, her gaze trails down to his nose, then to his lips, she could feel his hot breath. It was only a matter of time now, when their lips would be sealed, closer and closer Kyuhyun’s face went, just a few centimeters more.

 

Just a bit more, and she would be able to taste his lips, just a little more…

 

“Choi Sooyoung!”

 

Her head jerks up and saw the sharp eyes of the professor, looking straight at her, and her classmates eyes too, and can hear muffled laughs from them.

 

“Ms. Choi, if you plan to sleep all throughout my class, be my guess and please step out of the classroom.” The professor’s loud voice instantly made the classroom silent, all were looking at Sooyoung.

 

“Uhh… I… I’m sorry… it won’t happen again.” Sooyoung said, standing up and bowing, her cheeks turning very bright red.

 

“I sure hope it won’t.” the professor nodded, “Very well, sit down.”

 

Sooyoung sat down, and sighed in relief, if it was something very wrong, it’s falling asleep in Mr. Strict Lee’s class.

 

She calmed down and relaxed. After a few minutes she felt a tap on her back, and then another, but it turned out to be someone writing on her back.

 

“Dreamt about me huh?” she translated. She shakes her head in response to say no. ‘No, of course not. Why would he think…’ and suddenly, she remembered her dream.

 

closer and closer Kyuhyun’s face went, just a few centimeters more.

 

She clasped her hands to , as if she’d just said the words, her cheeks felt like it were burning, and her heart felt like it was in a racing track, running a thousand miles per hour. She can’t think right, and all the images running through her mind was from her dream.

 

‘Aargh! Of all guys to dream about! Why him!?’ she thought irritably.

 

She tried to push of the thoughts but all just keep coming back, her efforts were hopeless. ‘I need a distraction…’ she thought, she looks around, cautious not to attract attention, she then looks at the empty desk beside her. Tiffany wasn’t there yet.

 

“Oh yeah… she had a meeting with songsaengnim…” she muttered, but it was weird that a teacher would make her cut class.

 

Suddenly, the classroom door opens and comes in Tiffany, the professors abruptly stops and looks at her, everyone’s eyes were on hers.

 

“Ms. Hwang, why, you took time in your lunch break I see.” The professor said, all sarcasm etched in his voice.

 

“Uhh… I…” Tiffany looks at him, dazed, as if she didn’t know what to do, then suddenly, as if she snapped back to reality, she bowed at him and apologized.

 

“I was with Ms. Gu, we had a meeting about the play. I’m sorry, we just got carried away with talking about it.” she said as she gave him a small smile.

 

Sooyoung, watching the scene felt that something was not right, she’d known Tiffany for years now and she knows that Tiffany has a problem, with the way she’s acting. She’d want to be al cute when she’s in trouble, but none of that appeared here.

 

“Well,” he sighed, “I can’t really do anything about that, can’t I? Please sit down.”

 

 &&

 

Tiffany thanked Mr. Lee and scoffs off to her seat, hearing Mr. Lee mutter something about kids these days on the process.

 

When she sat down, she looks over at Sooyoung and smiled, revealing her eye smile, hoping that she wouldn’t get caught at pretending. “Hey Prince~” she said and giggled.

 

“Ya…” Sooyoung gave her a warning look, “What took you so long?”

 

“Like I said, me and Ms. Gu just got carried away in talking, is all.” She said, shrugging at her.

 

“Okay…” Sooyoung said, but Tiffany knew she was not convinced.

 

“Oh Soo, stop giving me that look okay?” Tiffany snapped at her, “It’s true…” but of course if wasn’t, she was lying, but she didn’t want to worry her or anything, and if she knew Sooyoung at all, she knows she’s a worry freak.

 

“Okay, okay. I believe you then, if you say so.” Sooyoung smiled and returned to listening.

 

Tiffany then too returned to look in front, where the professor was giving a lecture, but her thoughts were not on the lesson, but somewhere else. She couldn’t shake off the scene in the cafeteria, it happened so unexpectedly and fast that she couldn’t quite believe it actually happened. But it did, and she was left confused.

 

After what happened, she forgot all about the meeting with Ms. Gu. She ran and she found herself at the library, which was her favorite place when she needs to think, and she just stayed there, remembering her junior high school days, and wondering how Sunny had become, and also remembered another close friend that she hadn’t seen for two years. She didn’t find it hard remembering it, since she treasures the memories with them.

 

“Sunny-ah~” Tiffany called the girl leaning on the windowsill on a lunch break. When the girl didn’t respond, she gave up on the aegyo and approached her normally.

 

“Ya… Lee Soonkyu… what’s wrong?” she asks, leaning on the windowsill with her.

 

“Omo!” Sunny jumped, and looks at Tiffany with a surprised face. “Fany-ah, you startled me. You could’ve at least called me first.”

 

“I tried that you know, and it seems you didn’t hear me, at all.” She said as a matter-of-factly. Then her face relaxed and smiles at Sunny, “What’s bothering you?”

 

Sunny hesitated, Tiffany noticed, she was a bit surprised, since they’re close friends they always tell each other what was wrong. ‘Something must be really wrong this time.’ She thought.

 

“I… I wanted to ask you…” Sunny started, she took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, “Do you—I mean… It’s Sungmin—” but before she could finish, a guy suddenly appears out of nowhere and surprises the two girls.

 

“Fany! Sunny!” the boy exclaimed.

 

“Aigoo! Sungmin! You surprised us!” Tiffany exclaimed, looking at him.

 

“Y-yeah… you shouldn’t do that…” Sunny said, her face somewhat relieved.

 

“But it was fun though.” Sungmin said, thinking for a second before grinning at them.

 

“Aish, you just ruined our heart to heart session, Sunny was just going to ask me something.” She said, glaring at Sungmin and then looking at Sunny. “You can continue now Sunny.”

 

Before Sunny could say something, Sungmin butted in again, “But I wanted to take you--”

 

“That can wait, let me hear Sunny first--”

 

“But Fany! Come on!” Sungmin urged on, using his aegyo on the girl. And he knows that was Tiffany’s weakness.

 

“But…” Tiffany tries to ignore him and looks at Sunny helplessly.

 

“No, it’s okay. You can two can go.” Sunny said, giving her a small smile.

 

“You can go with us too--” Tiffany smiled back and suggested but Sunny shook her head.

 

“No, I’ll be alright. Besides, I still have to do something.” Sunny said, smiling to both of them, and left.

 

“Is it me, or Sunny’s really acting weird.” Tiffany said, her eyes following Sunny. “I’m worried.”

 

“I’m sure Sunny’s alright.” Sungmin said, reassuring her. “We’ll talk to her later, okay?” he said, smiling brightly at her.

 

“Okay then.” Tiffany said.

 

After junior high, her family had to migrate to the states, and because it was so sudden, she didn’t get to see them before she took off, she’s just written them a letter, she knew it was inappropriate to do so, but she couldn’t do anything but that. She’d keep in touch with them though, but none ever returned her messages or emails, which disappointed her.

 

‘Maybe it was because I didn’t say goodbye that Sunny got mad?’ she thought, but it was just one of the conclusions she’d come up with.

 

&&

 

Sunny was in the grounds, she didn’t like to go to class, or do anything related to school. So she just settled in one of the benches and sat and stared to nowhere in particular.

 

She thought of him, Sungmin, she wondered how he’s holding up in this place when all of the students here are a bunch of idiots. And a plus to them is a certain student that she loathes so much. She sighed, why do they have to have a small world?

 

But then, she knew immediately, after seeing her that Sungmin abruptly changed schools. He knew she was here, but why didn’t he tell her?

 

‘Because he doesn’t talk to you anymore…’ she answered.

 

She drew a deep breath, she felt herself tearing up, she can’t help it, if the one you love the most is ignoring or not talking to you, who wouldn’t?

 

But she isn’t going to cry either, she’s just going to try her best to make him talk to her again. Make him realize that Tiffany isn’t going reciprocate what he feels, she knows it, even before Tiffany went to the states.

 

“Sunny-ah… can you please talk to me now?” Tiffany said after the professor got out and they were dismissed.

 

“Huh?” Sunny tried to act all innocent, she didn’t want to talk to her about it. She didn’t want to ask, she was afraid of what her answer could be.

 

“Don’t act all innocent Soonkyu, you know what I mean.” Tiffany snapped at her. “Come on, tell me. I’m your friend.”

 

Sunny thought for a second, she was not going to get away from this. She sighed, “Okay, let’s talk at the coffee shop.”

 

Both of the girls left the school and talked their way to the coffee shop they always go to after school. Normally, Sungmin would’ve been there with them, but fortunately for Sunny, he has some other things to do.

 

Once they arrived, they sat at their usual table and ordered the usual. After relaxing a bit, Tiffany asked again.

 

“Okay, let me just remind you that you are not going to escape me.” Tiffany said, “Now what were you going to ask earlier?” she asked, pertaining to the talk they had earlier at lunch.

 

Sunny looks at her and drew a deep breath. “Well… here goes…” she muttered and looks at Tiffany before asking, “Do you…”

 

“Do you by any chance like Sungmin?”

 

Sunny looks at Tiffany, who was completely shocked by the question, she waited, her heart thumping as she anticipated for her answer. After a few seconds, Tiffany regained composure and looks at her.

 

“No, of course not.” She said.

 

Sunny’s jaw dropped, she’s expected a different answer, but it seems her hunches were wrong. “No?”

 

“Of course no!” Tiffany chuckled a bit. “He’s just a friend, a close friend, and nothing more.”

 

Sunny looks at her, Tiffany was sincere with her words, she could see that. And she knew the girl would never lie about something like that. She felt relieved somehow.

 

“Why did you ask?” tiffany asks.

 

“Uh… nothing… I was, just curious.” She said, smiling at her.

 

She planned to tell it to him, about the truth, but she can see how much Sungmin like Tiffany, and she liked him so much that she can’t stand him being hurt.

 

So she just zipped and be played the martyr role in the game of unrequited love.

-tbc-

a/n: ahahah! the update finally! T^T i finished it... *sigh

and again, IM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY T^T
and again, please expect another long udpate T^T
sorry for always disappointing you guys...
 
THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT though~ ^^
i'll always try my best and TRY! really try to update sooner ^^