I am, Cinderella?

I am, Cinderella? [on hold until further notice]

 

CHAPTER 1

The sound of the alarm goes off and Sooyoung bolts awake. She was used to that nowadays; she was so busy with school, work and housework.

“Ugh, I can’t live like this.” She sighed and lies again. “I’ll just sleep a little more…” she starts to drift off again, but it was useless as her alarm again goes off.

“Fine! I’m awake already!” she glares at her alarm clock. ‘I’m going crazy.’ She thought and gets out of bed to prepare.

&&

Sooyoung is living with her step mother and step siblings. And according to her, she’s living a life in hell with them.

Ever since her father got remarried and returned to the states to work, they’ve treated her nothing but as a maid. She’s not bothered by it though; she was the one who does the household chores when her mother died. What she hates is being ordered by them.

If she could go away, she would, but she doesn’t want to leave or make her father worry. She loves her father too much. She’d do anything to make him happy, and that includes putting up with her new family.

&&

Sooyoung goes immediately to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. She hopes that none of them wakes up till she finishes preparing, especially his step sibling Yoona. It would mean trouble.

She was halfway finished with the food when someone shouted at the door.

“Yah!” Yoona shouted at her. She was hungry, her stomach was demanding for food.

‘Aish, and there goes the peaceful breakfast I was hoping for.’ She thought in disbelief.

“Hurry up with breakfast Sooyoung!” she said, taking a seat at the table.

She ignores her and continues preparing. She does it every time encountering Yoona. It was the best thing to do.

It was quiet except for the sound of Sooyoung cooking and Yoona tapping her nails impatiently.

“Yah! I’m Hungry!” Yoona shouted at her.

Sooyoung tries to calm herself. She wasn’t going to lose her temper. ‘I’m definitely not going to--’ the thought didn’t finiseh as Yoona again shouted. She suddenly doesn’t know the word ‘patience’.

“Yah! Stop shouting! I’m about to finish here! Shut up and wait a little more!!” she bellowed at her.

Yoona glared at her. She was about to shout back when someone shouted first.

“Choi Sooyoung!” Sooyoung’s step mother suddenly appears by the kitchen door. She was looking straight at Sooyoung, glaring.

“How dare you shout at my dear Yoona!?” she said, coming to Yoona’s aide.

‘Aish, Goodbye breakfast.’ Sooyoung thought.

“Yah! What’s with all the shouting!?” Heechul suddenly appears at the scene and shouts at them.

“Oppa! Sooyoung shouted at me!” Yoona whines at his twin brother, who was only minutes older than her.

Heechul just looks at her; his twin sister is really a brat. “Ahh...” He took a seat at the table and looks at Sooyoung. “Yah! Shikshin! I’m hungry!” he said.

Yoona and the step mother looks at Heechul in disbelief. Heechul never backs them up. It doesn’t mean he’s on Sooyoung’s side either. He just doesn’t care.

Sooyoung immediately prepares the food on the table. Somehow, he wasn’t pissed at her rude step sibling, Heechul. Somehow, she has a feeling that he’s helping her a little.

&&

Sooyoung enters the gates, she was holding her stomach. She wasn’t given any breakfast as punishment for shouting at Yoona. She was really hungry.

‘Aish, what to do…’ she thought, but she was interrupted when someone was calling her.

“Sooyounggie!” someone calls behind her.

She turned to see Stephanie Hwang or otherwise known as Tiffany, the eye smile princess and her best friend.

“Oh, Fany, good morning.” She said, smiling at her.

“Good Morning!” she smiled widely, revealing her eye smile. “Soo, you look pale. Did you eat?” she asked, “Or did your--” she couldn’t finish because someone was shouting at them.

“Yah! Sooyoung-ah! Fany-ah!” Jessica shouts while running toward them.

“Jessica, why are you running? And stop shouting tis early in the morning!” Tiffany scolded her.

“Okay okay.” Jessica said immediately, not paying much attention to Tiffany’s lecture.

“I. Have. Got. The. BIGGEST. News!” she said excitedly.

Sooyoung and Tiffany just look at each other. They were yet again amazed at Jessica’s talent for finding the newest and latest news in their school.

“What is it?” someone said.

The three were startled by the sudden appearance of Taeyeon, their friend.

“Whoa! Kim Taeyeon! Where did you come from?” Sooyoung asked her.

“Why are you asking me that?” she looks at Sooyoung with a weird expression. The three laughed. Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica. “What’s the latest Sica?” she asked her.

“Okay, so, I heard there are going to be two new students this year! And they’re from the states!” she stops and beams at them.

“Oh? Jinjja!?” Taeyeon excitedly asks her. “That’s really rare, well, for our school.” She said. Their school was best known in their place only, so it’s not really well known in other places.

“Yes, yes. I heard they just moved in yesterday.” She said. “Oh! And they’re both boys!” she squeled excitedly.

Taeyeon does the same. Tiffany just smiles at them, but she was also excited for the new students. Sooyoung was just staring at them.

“Hmm, I think their house is near Sooyoung’s house.” Jessica said.

“Eh! Jessica-stalker?” Sooyoung said, laughing.

Tiffany and taeyeon joined in. Jessica glared at her.

“Yah! Someone just told me that!” she protests.

“Sica, jinjja? It’s near to Soo’s house?” taeyeon asked.

“Hmm, I think so…” she said, “Oh! The other one is in your class Soo!” she suddenly remembered.

“Eh!? No fair!” Taeyeon whines, “What about the other one? Is it a senior??” Taeyeon asks curiously. She’s already a senior. 

“Hmm.. I’m not sure…” Jessica said, thinking.

Sooyoung just shakes her head. She’s amazed that there are people who waste time at these things.

She suddenly feels her stomach growling, she decides to look for food.

“Guys, you can go ahead. I’ll be going to the cafeteria to buy some food…” she trails off, and looks at her friends, who were not paying attention to her. They were busy talking about the new students.

‘Honestly, these three.’ She shakes her head again. She sighed and goes to where the cafeteria is located. She didn’t hear Jessica said the name “Cho Kyuhyun”.

&&

Sooyoung walks toward the cafeteria, she stops and took out her wallet, and checkes how much money she has left.

“Tsk, I don’t think it’ll last in a week.” She sighed. It’s a good thing she has a part time job. Her step mother isn’t actually giving all of her allowance, and at times not giving it at all.

She enters the cafeteria and immediately goes to bread section. She searches for her favorite pork bun. It was cheap and tasty.

‘Ah! There it is!’ she thought happily.

She reaches for it and pulls it from the stand, but someone was also pulling.

“Eh?” she looks at the person in front of her. He was also holding the pork bun.

“Yah! I got it first!” Sooyoung said, pulling the item.

“Hmph.” The person said, smirking. He wasn’t really that hungry. He just saw the bun and decides to buy it. It seems the girl is becoming more interesting than the pork bun.

“I don’t want to.” He said, tightening his grip.

Sooyoung glared at him. ‘What’s his problem! So rude!!’ she thought.

“Yah! What’s with--” she started to say something, but she stopped when she realized she accidentally let go of the bun. “Yah!” she started to protest.

“Kyuhyun-ah! What are you doing?” someone calls him, approaching them.

“Nothing, hyung.i was just picking this up.” He said, holding the bun and giving it to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was about to say something when Kyuhyun covered her lips. “She dropped it.” He said, smirking at her.

“Why are you covering her lips Kyu? Do you know each other?” the older one asks, confused.

“Hyung, we still have to find your room right?” he looks at his watch, “It’s almost time, you’ll be late.” He said.

“Oh, you’re right.” He said, turning to Sooyoung he bowed and said, “We’ll be going now.” He smiles at her. It was like the smile of a prince.

Sooyoung turns bright red bows awkwardly and smiles shyly at him.

As soon as Kyuhyun sees it, he immediately pulls his older brother away.

“Hyung, let’s go.” He said, holding his hyung very tightly.

Sooyoung looks at them, or rather, looks at him, then at the bun she was holding. She smiles and heads to the buy the food.

&&

“Yah, Yoona, I heard there were going to be new students this year.” Yuri said.

Yoona didn’t answer, and still continued to read the magazine she’s holding.

“Good Morning unnies.” Seohyun greeted them and sat the table. They were hanging out at the school’s playground.

“Good morning, Seohyun.” Yuri said, not looking at her. “You know, I think rumors said that they were two guys that came from the states.” Yuri continued.

Yoona immediately looks at Yuri, “Jinjja??” she asks.

Not waiting for an answer she stood up and walks towards their building.

“Yoona! Wait up!” Yuri said, “Come on Seohyun.” She motioned for Seohyun to come.

Seohyun immediately stood up and followed Yuri. Not knowing what’s going on.

&&

Kyuhyun and his older brother Donghae walks in the hallway. They were in the senior’s floor. They were both new and not to mention good looking guys, that they were the center of attention.

“Hmm, Kyu, are you sure where in the right floor.” He asks his dongsaeng.

“Of course hyung, I’m a genius remember.” He said, looking around.

Donghae stops and looks at Kyuhyun, “Yah, don’t say weird things.” He said, and continues to walk. Kyuhyun laughs.

“Oh, Hae-ah! Kyuhyun-ah!” someone suddenly shouts at them.

They looked and found who it is; it was their childhood friend, Eunhyuk.

“Hyuk!” Donghae said, giving him a high five.

“About time you two got here.” Eunhyuk high fived back, then jokingly smack Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Kyuhyun looks around, he was somewhat distracted.

“Kyu, what’s wrong?” Donghae asks.

“Nothing hyung.” Kyuhyun said. Suddenly the bell rings indicating the first peiod.

“I’ll be going now hyung.” Kyuhyun said, walking away.

“Wait Kyu! I haven’t found my room yet!” Donghae called to Kyuhyun.

“Hae, were classmates.” Eunhyuk said.

“Eh? That’s good.” Donghae looks at and let out a sigh. He suddenly remembers something.

“Yah, Hyuk. You’re going to help find this girl I encountered earlier.” Donghae said, putting an arm on Eunhyuk and walks inside the classroom.

&&

Sooyoung eats happily the pork bun. Her best friend tiffany is staring at her.

“Soo, you look happy. Too happy for eating a pork bun.” She said worriedly.

“Eh? Fany, it’s my favorite!” she said, grinning at her.

“I know, but it tells me something else.” She said, suspicious.

“It’s nothing Fany, trust me.” She brushes off the topic. The bell suddenly rings. After a few minutes, the teacher comes in and walks to the table.

She stuffed the remaining of her food in .

The students greeted first. The teacher then announces that there will be a new student in their class. She calls in the new student.

As soon as the student came in, there were squeals, ooh’s and aah’s from the class.

Sooyoung swallowed hard. She can’t believe what she was seeing.

‘Aish! It’s the pork-bun-thief!’ she thought irritably.

“Quiet please.” The teacher sternly told the class. Then she turns to the new student and smiled, “Please introduce yourself.”

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” He bowed, “Nice to meet you.” He smiled at the class.

The girls immediately squealed in delight. Kyuhyun smirks in response which just made them squeal more.

Kyuhyun scanned the room, he wasn’t really expecting someone. But he stopped at the person who he finds familiar.

He chuckles, ‘Funny, I just gave her the pork bun a little while earlier.’

“Mr. Cho, please sit at the back.” The teacher points at the chair at the back.

Kyuhyun nodded and walks to the back with a smirk on his face.

Sooyoung looks wide eyed at their teacher. She can’t believe that she was going to sit in front of Kyuhyun.

‘Aish, why is this happening…’ she thought.

Kyuhyun sits comfortably at the back of Sooyoung. He leans closer and whispered, “You still have some on your cheek.”

Sooyoung blushed. She immediately wipes her face with her handkerchief.

Kyuhyun laughs quietly. ‘This is going to be very interesting.’ He thought.