Brother Versus Brother

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

Taemin, Mijin, and Jongin were getting ready to go skiing while Ms. Yuki waited near the sidelines of the trail. Despite Jongin’s every effort to get her attention, Mijin ignored him and would not pay heed to him. He wanted to talk to her and get his unanswered questions answered, but his brother would not leave Mijin’s side.
 

Leaning against a wall Jongin patiently waited for Taemin to leave Mijin alone. Her behavior caused him to get frustrated and that frustration only kept on growing.
 

"Mijin ah, I am going to inform Ms. Yuki that we are heading to the top of the slope." Taemin said as he finished zipping his black snow jacket and putting his ebony gloves.
 

"Come back soon!" She giggled in response.
 

Once Taemin left, Mijin decided to take a little walk about the place in order to get a view of the trail that she was planning to challenge with Taemin's help. "It so steep..." She mumbled apprehensively.
 

"It only going to get worse." She heard a familiar voice come from behind me.


"Taemin that was-" Mijin started to speak but stopped abruptly when she spun to see black hair instead of dark ash blonde hair. Rapidly moving her eyes away from Jongin, she gradually retreated away from him. 


"Mijin this time I am not going to let you leave without answering my question! Why are you ignoring me?" He said gritting his teeth "Answer me!"


"Jongin oppa, I don't want to talk to you nor do I feel the need to answer your question."
She lashed out on him.


"I can't take it anymore Mijin, stop behaving like this!" He roughly gripped her shoulders with both of his hands and shook her, "I want you to tell me what your problem is!"


"You are my problem, Lee Jongin!"

 

"I am your problem? Really Mijin?! How so?" He asked almost yelling.


"Figure that out on your own, I don't have any spare time to waste with you. Besides Tae oppa is probably searching for me."


"Tae? Since when did you start calling him by that name? What is going on between the two of you?" Jongin's grip on her shoulders was getting stronger as he spoke.


"None of your business."


"I can't take this behavior of yours any longer." He suddenly pulled her close to him, and without hesitating once he crushed his lips against her pink lips. No matter how hard Mijin tried she could not break free from his grip or his kiss.


"JONGIN!" Taemin yelled in an enraged voice before running up to the two of us and prying Mijin out of his younger twin's clutch. Taemin took a tight hold of Jongin's jacket's collar with both of his hands, "What do you think you are doing?"


Never once in her life had Mijin heard Taemin sounded this infuriated with Jongin or even act in this manner with him.


"Hyung stay out of this because this is between me and Mijin!"


"Jongin, you have no right to act this way with her."


Still shocked by Kai's actions, Mijin held onto the back of Taemin's jacket.


"And she has no right to behave the way she is behaving with me!" Jongin struggled to get free from his brother's strong clutch.


"Kai, Mijin should be behaving even more poorly than she is with you right now!" Taemin's thunderous voice not only scared Jongin but also frightened Mijin.


"What do you mean hyung? You are taking her side?"


"You want to know why I am taking her side. That day you promised Mijin that you would take her on a date to make up for flirting with the other girls! I saw you upstairs
and asked where you were to which you said with other girls downstairs. I ran outside and saw Mijin sitting on the bench you told her to meet you at!" Taemin's voice got lower and angrier, "She had been waiting for you on that bench for an hour Jongin. It was snowing outside & the temperature was below zero but Mijin did not move from that bench in hope that you would show up! She could have died out there because of you!" Taemin pushed Jongin away, "Stay away from her Jongin. " He took a firm hold of Mijin’s hand and took her away from there.


I looked at Kai one last time to see him standing paralyzed with his eyes fixed on the snow covered ground as if he was extremely shocked. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only a few more chapters until the end!! Don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and comment!