Smile!

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

Like every morning Mijin went to go meet Jongin, but when she entered the mansion she was not greeted by Ms. Yuki; instead the butler informed Mijin that her ahjumma had gone out and would not return until later in the evening. As she made her way into the living room, she saw Taemin sitting on the leather sofa with his eyes glued to his cellphone. His attention shifted from the screen to the girl cautiously approaching him.

“Good morning!” Mijin gave him a cute smile though she felt awkward because they had not spoken in a long time. Nevertheless he said good morning back to her.

“Is Jongin in his room?” She tried to start a small conservation with him while she took a seat across him in order to avoid making the atmosphere even more awkward.

“Yeah, he should be coming downstairs soon.”

While waiting for Jongin to come downstairs, Mijin started to ponder about something that Ms. Yuki had mentioned a few days earlier. She has asked Mijin whether she has noticed Taemin’s changed behavior, confusing the young girl. The ahjumma has been referring to the new Taemin that has changed from being a talkative, happy Taemin to a taciturn and mature man. Though Ms. Yuki was hoping that Mijin took a notice of this, she was disappointed to realize that the girl had no idea about this. Hoping that one day Mijin takes notice of the change, the ahjumma asked her to do a small favor and try to get Taemin to smile at least once.

Snapping out of the thought, Mijin glanced at Taemin, “Oppa, can I suggest something?”

He gave a small nod as he kept his piercing gaze on her. According to Mijin, Jongin’s eyes were very attractive, but Taemin’s eyes were breathtaking; his eyes were not only intense but they were so captivating that it was difficult to look away from him. 

“You should try smiling, it’s not really hard.” She stood up and moved close to him, “See all you do is curl the corners of your lips and voila!” Mijin tugged the corners of his lips upwards with her index fingers.

The sound of footsteps filled the quiet living room as Jongin made his way down the staircase, looking half asleep. “How do you two get up so early?” His words were muffled by his large yawn.

“Because we are not lazy like you and don’t stay up all night. Also what do you mean by early? It’s already 3 pm.” Mijin looked up and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Hey! I woke up and got ready on time, you don’t have any reason to be upset with me.”

“Right, I wonder who woke you up, Ms. Yuki or Taemin oppa.”

“Well even if one of them woke me up, I got ready on time!”

“You are not going to change at all…” Mijin shook her head and gave a soft sigh.

“Mijin we can talk in the car or else we will be late” Jongin made his way to the door.

Mijin quickly looked at Taemin and whispered, “You should try smiling on your own.” She smiled at him one last time before running over to Jongin. Right as they were about to step out of the door, Mijin turned around to get one last look at Taemin. He was gazing at her with a charming and pleasant smile.

Jongin and Mijin headed to one of Jongin’s friend’s party. “Jongin oppa, this is your friend’s party, what am I going to do there? I don’t even know anyone at that party.”

“Mijin, don’t worry, you know me. I will not leave your side, I promise. Now relax and get into party mode!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next day around dinner time, Ms. Yuki stared at the main door rather shocked that Mijin had not come to the mansion today. She had been with the Lee family as Taemin and Jongin’s nanny for as long as she can remember. Though she was a nanny, she was treated as family member rather than a worker for the family. Mr. and Mrs. Lee were always busy with their work and business trips, so she was entrusted to take care of their boys for them. Ms. Yuki even took care of Mijin when she was little since Mijin spent most of her time with the Lee twins. Never once had she missed visiting the mansion; whether it is to see Jongin or Taemin or even say hi to the ahjumma, she would be here.

Mr. Yuki moved her attention to the twins at the dining table, “Jongin ah, this is an odd and unusual question for me to ask, but did something happen between you and Mijin?”

“I don’t know…” he mumbled, lowering his eyes.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” She asked surprised by his answer.

“Mijin and I went to my friend’s party. When we got there everything was fine. I left Mijin with a few of my friends and went to talk to other friends, but when I came back she was nowhere to be found. I asked my friends and they said that she left early.”

Taemin and Ms. Yuki exchanged a quick glance before she spoke, “Have you spoken to Mijin since?”

Jongin shook his head, “She is not answering my calls or returning my text messages.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi hi! Sorry it took so long to post chapter 2 but I had too much work to do. Finally I got time to breathe and do something fun! Please give lots of love to this story!! Upvotes, comments, and subscriptions are very much appreciated! :)