Never Make a Promise If You Can't Keep It

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

 “Ms. Yuki.” Mijin came into the living room, where Ms. Yuki and Taemin were sitting and chatting about the incident yesterday with Jongin.


“Mijin dear!” Ms. Yuki was happy and relieved to finally see her.


“I came to give you this.” She handed the older lady a white envelope, “It was accidently sent to me.”


“Thank you, dear.”


“I am going to go now.” Mijin smiled at the lady and Taemin before started to make her way towards the door.


“Mijin!” Jongin quickly ran downstairs, “Why have you not been answering my calls and texts?”


Mijin stopped for a few seconds, but she did not reply to Jongin; instead she continued walking in the direction of the main door to the mansion.


“Mijin.” Jongin grabbed a tight hold of her hand, “Why are you ignoring me?”


“Jongin oppa, you should know better than anyone.” She replied in a dry voice as her expressionless eyes looked straight ahead.


“I don’t know what I did. You left the party so suddenly.”


She spun around and faced him, “Oppa, you really don’t know?! I told you beforehand that I would not fit in well at the party, but you said that you would be there with me. What did you do at the party? You left me alone.”


No one had seen Mijin this upset before especially with Jongin. Taemin and Ms. Yuki stood dumbfounded as they glanced at Mijin.


“Mijin, you were talking to some of my friends that’s why I left you.”


“Do you have any idea what your friends were saying to me?” Tears starting forming in her sad eyes, “They were making fun of me; they were saying things to me that not even a person would say to their enemy. I know that I am not as rich as you or any of your friends, but they didn’t need to call me a gold digger and a slu-” She took a breath before continuing, “I tried to call you but you were too busy flirting with some girl that you could not see or hear me. I even left you a text message and called your phone, but you gave no replies.” Tears after tears rolled down her cheeks as she spoke, “You know something Kim Jongin, you should never make promises because you can’t ever keep them!”


Taemin took a step towards Mijin as his eyes scanned her face. Ever since he was little, Taemin could not bear to see Mijin crying. He stopped in his tracks when Jongin pulled Mijin into a sudden hug.


“I am sorry Mijin…” Jongin said, “Please—I didn’t know—I know that sorry is not enough but please don’t get mad at me.”


It was clear by Jongin’s broken sentences that he was unsure of what to say to Mijin to calm her down. Ms. Yuki turned her attention to Taemin, who lowered his eyes and stared down at the floor.


“Please forgive me. Also Mijin, you know that you can’t stay mad at me for long.” He gave a small nervous laugh, hoping that Mijin would give into him.

 

 

 

After giving into Jongin’s plead to take Mijin out, the two of them went out for a little while. He then dropped her home and apologized to her one last time before leaving. The girl ended up forgiving Jongin, but she was still hurt and felt like crying. Mijin dragged herself into her bedroom and was ready to drop onto her bed and start bawling again, but Mijin froze when she glanced at her bed. A cute white teddy bear wearing a red bow around its neck was sitting on her bed. She strolled up to it and saw a pink envelope next to it. Slowly opening the flap of the envelope, Mijin found a card inside and read the message inside the card:


“Your smile means the world to me

When I see it, I feel happy

When it disappears, my heart aches 

When I see tears in your eyes my heart breaks

I want to see you smile

And I will do whatever it takes to bring it back”
 

“I know that you are hurt by everything that has happened and knowing you well, you are going to go home and cry, but I request you, Mijin, please don’t cry.”

 

A smile formed on Mijin’s face as she read the card. This message was hand written but there was no name signed nor did she recognize the handwriting. At first she thought that it might be Jongin, but he was with her the whole day meaning that he would have no time to put this letter and the teddy bear in her room. Mijin hugged the teddy bear close to her, “I—won’t cry…” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi everyone! Thank you to all my subscribers! I lovez you all!!

Everyone else pleeeeeaaaseee comments, subscribe and upvote, otherwise I will cry a lot!

(The images don't belong to me! Credit to their respective owners.)