Nothing Alike

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

  Cheesy warning ahead!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours had passed since Kai reported his brother’s disappearance to the rescue team but no news of him had been received yet. Mijin’s condition was the same: she kept on crying no matter how hard Kai and Ms. Yuki tried to calm her down. The older lady had gone out to try and find information of the older brother’s whereabouts.


Jongin sat on a couch in his room with his eyes on the ground as he prayed for his brother’s safety while Mijin stood facing the widow.  The door to the room flung open as Ms. Yuki rushed in, “They found Taemin. He is at the hospital!”


Kai jumped to his feet feeling a bit relieved while Mijin spun around with a half-smile on her face. All three of them rushed to the hospital as fast as they could manage to do so. When they arrived there, a doctor informed them that his brother was out of danger, but the doctor also requested to speak to Kai and Ms. Yuki alone.


“Doctor, can I please see him?” Mijin asked to which he responded yes.


Without knocking on the door Mijin ran inside Taemin’s room to find him looking at her with a smile on his face as if he was expecting her. Her tears silently and slowly rolled down her cheeks, “Taemin oppa…” Mijin ran to his bed and lightly threw myself on him, putting her arms around his shoulder and burying her face in his neck, “You’re alright!”


Jongin and Ms. Yuki entered the room but Mijin didn’t care about hugging him in front of them because all that mattered to her right now was that he was safe.


“I am fine, don’t cry,” he whispered as he encircle his arms around her, “I would never leave you because I know that you need your teddy bear to be by your side. Who else is going to stop you from crying?”


As Kai watched the scene in front of him, he felt his heart breaking into tiny pieces but he realized that his brother truly did love Mijin, and she —loved him back.


‘I was responsible for tearing Mijin from my brother even though I knew that he liked her—if I had not taken her away from him, then they have become a couple a long time ago. Even though I kept on telling myself that I loved Mijin, I kept on hurting her and never once stopped to think about her feelings—how she felt when I flirted with ever beautiful girl that I saw. She did love me but I was stupid and did not realize it until I lost her…’


Ms. Yuki silently studied Jongin’s face with a content smile on her visage, “What are you feeling right now?” She asked in a whisper so that only he would be able to hear her.


“I feel guilty and hate myself for what I have done—why does my heart feel so heavy?” He asked with a baffled expression, “It hurts…”


“So you finally understand,” she touched his arm, “Go apologize to your brother and Mijin.”


“Hyung, Mijin, I-I am sorry…” Jongin approached the couple, “It was not right of me to take Mijin away from you, but the truth was that I felt jealous of you two—Mijin was very close to you, but she was never that close to me.” He paused and glanced at Mijin, “You were right Mijin, I am an idiot—I never valued you and didn’t realize what you meant to me until I lost you. I know this is not enough but I am sorry.” Jongin bowed his head, “I am not going to promise this because I have never been able to keep any of my promises to you, but I will never hurt you again, and I am happy to see you with Taemin hyung. I will also never flirt with any girl again.” He lifted his head to look at Mijin, “Can we still be friend?”


Even though Mijin was shocked by Jongin’s sudden change in his behavior, she gave him a smile, “Who are you and what have you done to my Kai oppa?” The young girl couldn’t believe that this was the same Jongin that she once knew.


“What do you know, my brother might not be hopeless after all. My baby brother has finally grown up.” Taemin chuckled.


Kai dropped down beside Taemin’s bed and hugged his brother tightly, “I am sorry, hyung, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Tears rolled down his cheeks as he apologized nonstop to his twin.


“Jongin, I already have one cry baby,” Taemin said as he glanced at me, “I don’t need another…”


Both Jongin and Mijin chuckled at his statement despite the tears rushing down their faces. She leaned down and hugged both Taemin and Jongin, who in turn embraced her. Twins might appear to be a reflection of each other but Mijin’s Taemin oppa and Jongin oppa are like the North and South Pole; they barely have any similarities. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Have a happy new year and best of luck for 2015!! 

(credit goes to pincel3d)