I Love You

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

Disclaimer: fluff warning, drama, and cheesiness ahead! You've been warned. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin stood with his hands on each side of the window as anger surged through ever vein in his body. If Mijin had not been there, he didn’t know what he would have done to his brother.


“Taemin oppa, please calm down.” Mijin lightly touched his arm.


“No Mijin, this time I am not going to forgive him! All my life I have protected Jongin from everyone and everything, but this time he has crossed his limited. He flirts with girls, I don’t say anything, he doesn’t take interest in studies or work, I keep quiet; he hurt you once, I stayed silent thinking that he will learn from it; he hurt you twice, I still keep my anger to myself, but this third time he has gone beyond his limits.”


“Taemin oppa, please.” She encircled her arms around Taemin and rested her forehead against Taemin’s back, “Oppa, I know what Jongin oppa did was wrong, but he is your brother.”


“Mijin, you should be even more upset than I am!” He gently took hold of her hands, pulled them away from her, walked to the bed, and sat down.


“Taemin oppa, it’s not healthy to be this angry,” she took a seat next to me, “See I am smiling and not crying, shouldn’t that be a reason for you to be happy?”


A smile formed on Taemin’s face as she studied her cheerful face, “I am sorry, Mijin, but I can’t control myself especially after seeing him forcefully—kiss you.” I frowned at the thought.


“It’s okay, oppa” She rested her chin on his shoulder and tied her arms around him, “One more thing oppa, teddy bears are not supposed to get angry or sad.”


“Really?” He asked in a whisper.


“Really…” She gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Oppa, we didn’t really get to ski so please let’s go to the slopes before it gets dark.”


“Are you sure you want to ski? You might get scared.”


“Oppa, don’t tease me.” A cute pout formed on her lips, “I want to try skiing because it looks like a lot of fun.” She jumped onto her feet and started to put on her ski gear. Soon after they made their way to the top of the ski slopes.


Taemin and Mijin were standing on a private ski trail which only certain people were able to practice on. The Lee family was a well-known family therefore they received privileges that many others did not. “Taemin oppa, this slope looks really steep, I think I change my mind.” Mijin scooted closer to him as her gaze scanned the snow covered practice trail.


“It’s too late for that Mijin, I warned you ahead of time, but you refused to listen to me.” He gave a triumphant smirk.


“Oppa, you are mean!” She pouted and stuck her tongue out at him.


“Mijin don’t be afraid, I am here for you and always will be.”


“Taemin oppa, is someone in a flirty mood today?”


“No I am not—I will not let anything or anyone hurt you,” Taemin stepped closer to her as she started to feel his steady breath on the top of her head, “No matter what…”


Mijin’s heart pounded furiously in her chest as her cheeks reddened. Taemin tied his arms around her waist and rested his forehead against the back of her head, “I promise…”


Unexpectedly they heard someone playfully cough causing Taemin to release Mijin. Ms. Yuki stood in place with a delicate smile on her glowing visage, “This is not a place to be all romantic, but you two are really adorable!”  She chuckled as the two of them blushed. “Sorry to interrupt your cute moment but Taemin but I need your help with something.”


Taemin nodded his head and quickly followed Ms. Yuki away from the place.


“Mijin,” She heard a small voice say her name, “I am sorry…”


For the apology she recognized the voice belonged to Jongin not Taemin, so she made up her mind to pay no heed to the younger twin.


“I apologize for my behavior yesterday; it was not right for me to kiss you the way I did. Mijin, I just couldn’t see you ignoring me—I became frustrated, but when Taemin hyung told me the reason behind your ignorance-”


She felt Jongin’s gloved hand take a hold of her hand, but Mijin did not move an inch from her place, instead he stepped in front of her and to her surprise, he kneeled down on his knees.


“I always do something and apologize for it afterwards hoping that you forgive me—I did not abandon our date on purpose, I didn’t mean to leave you sitting outside is that weather, and I never meant to hurt your feelings in any way,” Kai pressed his forehead against her right hand which he was still holding in this left hand, “The truth is, I do love you from the bottom of my heart, but somehow I unintentionally end up hurting you—please don’t do this to me, Mijin—I need you.”


Taemin silently watched and heard his brother’s confession to Mijin from behind a nearby tree. Ms. Yuki only needed him to answer one question which did not take long but when he made his way back to Mijin, he saw Jongin come up behind her. Little did Jongin and Mijin known that the older twin had heard every single word that his brother had said.


All his life Taemin have given into his brother’s wishes; never once had he interfered in Kai’s life or declined any of his requests, but he did not want to give into this wish—his wish to be with Mijin…because he love her—more than Jongin ever could.


Closing his eyes Taemin leaned on the tree trunk for support as his legs began to grow weak, ‘I love you more than you know, Mijin. I will shatter in such a way that no one will be able to piece me back together, but if you—love Jongin then I am wil-ling to let—you go.’ His heart began to grow heavy as a sudden surge of pain filled every corner of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are almost to the end!! This is such a short story so I kinda wonder if I should extend it. Anyways don't be shy and please comment, subscribe, and upvote!!