Disappearance

Not a Reflection in the Mirror

Mijin waited and waited in vain for Taemin to return but he did not come back, and she began to get worried. Jongin had left her alone when she stayed silent, refusing to acknowledge him or his confession. Feeling a bit uneasy and frightened of the height Mijin was standing on, she gradually made her way to the main ski trail but Taemin was still nowhere to be found.


‘Wonder where he went…’ the baffled girl stood at the edge of the trail watching skiers race down the snowy slope when suddenly the ground began to shake for a few seconds and stopped. “What was that?” The earth vigorous shook once more this time which caused screams to arise from every side.


Mijin’s mind went blank and she became clueless as to what to do. As her eyes scanned the area she noticed a white wave of snow surfing down the steep slow at a rapid rate. The girl wanted to scream but no noise came out of .


“MIJIN!”


Those were the last word she heard before being push back out of the way of the incoming avalanche with brute force. She recognized the voice right away but was too shocked to realize what had happened.


“T-Taemin op-pa?”  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jongin had made his way back to the ski resort after not getting a response from Mijin, ‘I have hurt Mijin so much. I deserve to be treated in this way.’ He sighed as the thought raced through his head and rested the back of his head on the wall that he was leaning against. Unexpectedly Jongin felt the earth shake once then calm down. 


“What the-” Before he could finish his sentence, the ground began trembling again. His head turn towards the trail where he saw a blanket of thick snow sliding down the ski slope.


There were loud frightened yells coming from everywhere, but Kai managed to ignore them as he went to search for Mijin, Ms. Yuki, and Taemin. He pushed through the crowd of panicking people when suddenly he heard Mijin scream his brother’s name.


“Mijin!” Jongin ran towards the ski trail to find her sitting on the ground with her terrified eyes glued to the heavily snow covered trail. “Mijin, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” She didn’t respond in anyway but continued to stare at the place in front of her. “Mijin!” He gently shook her, “What happened?”


“Tae-min…he-” She choked on her words and started crying hysterically.


“Mijin,” Kai placed his hand on her back, “Taemin what, complete your sentence!”


“Jongin oppa! Taemin oppa saved my life, he pushed me out of the way of the avalanche and he himself…” She buried her face in her hands.


‘My brother is…’ Jongin started to frantically look around, “Mijin come on.” He helped her to her feet, took her hand, and ran towards a group of men who appeared to be rescuers. “Excuse me, my brother is buried somewhere in the snow! Please find him! Please!” Kai tried his level best to control his tears from spilling out of his eyes. He had to stay strong for Mijin’s sake and for his brother’s sake.


“We will find him, but the two of you need to go back into the resort it’s not safe out here.” One of the men said as the others raced to the slope to search for Kai’s brother and other people who had gotten caught in the snow slide.


“Let’s go back, Mijin.”  


“Jongin, Mijin, are you two alright?” Ms. Yuki ran up to them as soon as the two of them made their way into the resort, “And where is Taemin?”


At hearing her brother’s name, Mijin started sobbing once more. Turning towards her, Jongin wrapped his arms around her body and pulled her close to him, “It’s okay, Mijin, they will find him…”


Kai glanced at Ms. Yuki who was staring at him with wide eyes as she had understood what had happened to Taemin. “Mijin dear, don’t lose hope, Taemin won’t give in so easily.” She put her hand on Mijin’s back. Both Ms. Yuki and Jongin felt in no better condition than Mijin, but neither one of them showed their true feelings because they didn’t want Mijin to have a complete breakdown. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a Merry Christmas! I hope all of you get the presents that you asked for. ^^ Upvote, comment, and subscribe as a present to me. 

(credit to kamajii)