The Meeting

Fated to Meet You

The concert ended with the singing of Happy Birthday for Key and the loud cheering of the fans. I was still stunned on how all 5 of them looked so handsome and great on stage. I went downstairs and met up with Rose and the others outside. And, of course, Rose started freaking out again. "KYAA! Taemin was so, unbelieveably HOT!" she shouted in awe. My mind was too occupied to listen and just nodded like a bubble head.

Rose realised that, slapped me on the arm and said with her trademark high-pitched voice, "Are you even listening to me, hey!" I nodded slowly again.

"You're not listening, are you?" she said again. I looked at her blankly and shook my head.

"Jinjja this girl," she pouted. Then she ran to her sister and continued. But her sister wasn't listening either. I chuckled to myself. Slipping my hands to my pockets, I once again spinned the paper around and around between my fingers. Then, I made my decision.

"Hey, Rose-"

"Oh, now you talk to me! Yes, what?"

"Uh.. you guys go ahead. I have something to do first. Wait for me in the MRT station, ok?"

"Hmm? What are you going to do? Don't cause any useless commotions, promise? And don't go too long."

I grumbled. "Yes, umma!" After a few more precautions from my 'umma', I started walking towards the backstage nervously. Taking out the piece of folded paper, I walked reluctantly towards the security thinking what if this was a prank tp humiliate myself. Sophia couldn't have possible went this far, right? The creepy security guard walked towards me. His eyes scanned my body and caught the pearlescent blue paper I was clutching. He ran back to a small tent and brought back a black coat with him. "Let's go. Before the stalkers see you," he whispered lowly to my ear. The cloak was thick, keeping me warm from the cold night. He walked me to the door. It turns out scary people aren't so bad either.

The security opened the door and revealed a backstage nusting with people. He kept on leading me towards somewhere while weaving in and out in the crowded hallways. He stopped walking, and I looked up to see a door with the sign 'SHINee' written on it. The door immediately opened as soon as he knocked once, revealing 4 curious faces peeking out. A voice called out from the back, "Yah! Let me see her face!" They parted, but by then I was already frozen solid. Why? The 4 faces that popped out were Key, Taemin, Onew and Minho.

***

Jonghyun, or somebody else (maybe my mind was playing tricks on me), nodded and told the guard that I was 'her' he was looking for. The guard nodded then chuckled when he saw my priceless expression. He gave me an encouraging push to the room and closed the door behind me.

"Ah, you must be Claire, right?" Key asked in English. Finally some English!! I nodded slowly, uncertain on how I should act. My knuckles were clenched so hard that they were turning white. I then scanned the medium-sized room and my gaze landed on Jonghyun. He smiled reassuringly and stretched his hand to reach mine. Usually, my instincts would have told me to avoid, but I was pretty much paralyzed back then.

He took my wrist and led me to the sofa on my right side. He said, "You look nice with the black cloak." I immediately blushed beetroot red.

"Pink would've looked nicer on her," Key commented.

"Hyung! Everything for you looks nicer in pink!" Minho retorted. Key glared at him and started blabbering on how pink can liven everything up while other colours doesn't.

Onew joined in saying, "But golden brown is better! It's the colour of crispy chicken! Although green is much better though."

"Aniyo! Yellow is better! It's warm like the sun and can brighten the atmosphere!" the maknae chirped in.

And just like that they started debating on which colour is the best for me to wear. But when I started to chuckle, they all stopped and looked at me. I nervously looked back. Jonghyun, realizing the tension, waved them away. Key then sat beside me with a satisfied sigh. "So when's your birthday?" he asked.

"7 September," I replied. He squealed in delight.

"She's a Virgo! Lalalala~ Her birthday is the same month as me! Although we have different signs but, hey, we're close enough!" he shouted and did silly dances.

"Aww, your birthday is far from mine," Jonghyun pointed out in Korean. I laughed and replied back, "It's not much of a problem, you know."

Minho's eyes widened. Then Onew, Minho and Taemin said together, "You can speak Korean?!"

Jonghyun spoke up for me, "She said only the basics. Ah, Kibum! Teach her Korean will you? Pleasee?" I stared at him in shock. Key? Teach ME Korean?!

The familiar sound of SHINee's 'Stand by Me' snapped me from my reverie. "Uwah! You use our song as your ringtone?" Taemin shouted. I blushed at his comment. I looked at the caller ID: Rose. How could I forget that she's waiting for me? Ah, pabo Claire! "Um, I have to go already," I said, dissapointment clearly printed across my face.

"You use blackbery? Here I'll add me to your contacts. Besides, Kibum here has some torturing to do," Jonghyun said, snatchin my bb and adding him to my contacts. "I'll add Key later."

He stood up and put out his hand to help me also. I took it and stood. My phone rang once more. This time, I picked it up.

"Claire! Where on earth are you? We're waiting too long! Come here and fast. Don't tell me you're in trouble again. Should I go to where you are? Are you okay?" Rose started worrying. Key looked at me in amusement. I grumbled like a 8 year old girl and replied, "Ne, umma, I'm going back. No, you can stay where you are. I'm fine, rea- Yes, umma."

"Was that really your umma?" Key asked.

"Aniyo, that was my friend. She acts like my umma so many times I just call her umma anyway."

"Ah! Just like Key-umma," Taemin joked. I laughed. Rose does resemble Key a bit. I went out of the door and did a 90 degree bow. Jonghyun promised to contact me, Key did the same. Taemin wanted to meet 'Key-umma look-alike', and Onew said he'll bring me out for chicken if I'll ever go to Korea. Minho just waved and smiled. Then suddenly, Jonghyun stretched his arm in front of me and said, "It was really me up there, you know." And then my eye caught the 'SHINee daebak' I wrote on his arm. It was really him.

 

Whew! That was one long chapter~ (For me at least) I hope you like it! ^w^

Special thanks to @KeyHeartsLove  for telling me mistake! :)

P.S in the actual concert, it rained lightly after it finished, but I couldn't add that in there since Claire can't walk to the backstage while it's raining. :) just saying~