Fated Meeting

Fated to Meet You

"I cannot believe we're actually here!" Rose squealed. Those around her instinctively covered their ears. I shook my head and place my hand down. Because of the fully booked seats in the large indoor theater, the place was streaming with people of all different sizes and race. I smiled to myself. Yes, I'm finally inside the Singapore Indoor Stadium, in the middle of the many shawols waiting for the SHINee World concert to start.

I made my way up the stairs, my heart beating anxiously in excitement. Sadly, my friends and I were all separated from each other. Rose sat in the arcade with her sister in the west part while my two other friends, Tiffany and Sophia, were at the east side. I immediately sat on my seat. I realised that I was to sit someone new at my right side, and hoping that she would be a friendly one, I was never good in starting first conversations. I averted my gaze to the side of the stage and waited anxiously for the concert to start. I was too absorbed with my surroundings that I didn't realize the guy wearing a black jacket and a shawl to cover his face was ascending the stairs towards me. I turned my head slowly towards him, a little bit scared. He seemed to know where his seat was, and plopped down beside me.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, what is your name?" he asked me in Korean. Rose had always tried teaching me little bits of Korean in school and even though I wasn't much of a good student, I still understood what he said. "Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Claire. You?"  I replied in Korean, but you can clearly tell that I'm not a Korean from my pronunciation. Funny though, why would a Korean and a boy be watching SHINee World Concert? I shook my head. Maybe he's just a huge fanboy of SHINee.

Thinking that I could speak Korean fluently, he started talking really fast. I stopped him by putting my hand on top of his which startled him a little.

"Mianhaeyo, I cannot speak Korean very fluently. Only the basic ones," I said, smiling brightly at him. Ah, his eyes looks so warm. He blinked twice and switched to broken English mode. He said, "SHINee bias?"

"Jonghyun," I replied. For a moment there, his eyes were bright and shining, as if he just grinned really widely under the shawl. I cocked my head to the side, expressing my confusion to him. After that we had a rather humorous conversation, since we could not understand each other most of the time.

One time, he took a pen and said in Korean, "Draw something on my arm." I raised my eyebrows but I did it anyway. Thinking that he was a big SHINee fan, I wrote 'SHINee daebak'. He smiled and continued talking.

Suddenly, he stood up and shoved something into my hands. He then bowed down and said," I have to go now, annyeong!" I smiled and waved back. And then he turned back once more and whispered something that left me paralyzed for the next 5 minutes.

"Naneun Bling Bling Jonghyun-nida." And then, he left.