Chapter 9

Sparkling Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat falls on her chubby cheek as she was busy messing up her room. Her shopping bag is open with the content scattered around the floor. She was sure she brought it with her before she went shopping. But she can't find it anymore right now.

 

Her pink notebook.

 

".. ah where is it?" She starts to get frustrated. It was not contain any secret things about her, but she often express herself in it, so it kind of having such a meaning in her life.

 

Her mother knock on her door not long after, get surprised by the sight of her messy room. "What are you doing, Joohyun-ah?"

 

Seohyun shook her head and give a slight smile to her mother. "Aniya.. What’s wrong, omma?"

 

Her mother tip toed her feet carefully to reach her bed, afraid to break or step on her stuff. When she arrived beside her at the bed, she took her hand and holds it lightly. "Joohyun-ah, can you accompany your appa to America? I heard there is a good medication in there. But remember you should comeback to Seoul before Mr. Jung's party is held."

 

With that she flight with his father to get him his treatment. The notebook, for a while becomes something forgotten.

 

***

 

She came back to Seoul a couple days before the party. She was tired and jet lag after the flight. How surprised was she when she turns on her phone and received one miscall and a text from unfamiliar name on her phone. She knew right after that it was the number Krystal saved in her phone.

Mr. Jung's number. Handsome Jung~

 

She shook her head in disbelief by Krystal playfulness. How nice to be like her, living carelessly and enjoy her life to the fullest. Can do whatever she wanted to do, love someone she wanted to love and get loved in return.

 

Oh, how Seohyun felt envious and jealous towards her.

 

She got a bit surprised when she read the message from Mr. Jung.

 

Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, this is Jung Yong Hwa, I got your number from Soo Jung and I just want to tell you that your notebook is with me and I want to give it back to you. I'm sorry for informing you this late since I got caught up with work lately.

 

Jung Yong Hwa? Yonghwa.

 

How cruel life is to send someone she should try to get close to with the same name as the one she loves.

 

And what happen to her notebook? Why it even in his possession? It so confusing, she didn't even ever meet with him, she thought. She got that many question in her head but try to reply his text as polite as possible.

 

They chatted for a while, since him apparently a very nice person to talk with. She thinks he will be cocky, but he is funny. They end up chatting till midnight despite her exhausted body.

 

 

He said he will be back in two days and called her, and she definitely wanted to take her notebook back, but she got no message at all. Should she ask him first?

 

She ended texting him to ask his whereabouts. She was waiting the whole day with no reply. Her phone always near her hand and she started to wonder why she expecting him to reply so much. It must be because the notebook or the fact that he has the same name as him, the one she loves, she thought.

 

His reply come at night when she was already tuck safely on her bed, ready to sleep.

 

I'm sorry for my late reply, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi. I got some personal issue. I think I can't give your notebook back tomorrow. Will you come to my party?

 

She got excited the second she got the reply. "I think I will. Why?"

 

What if we met at the party? I will give you back your notebook after that.

 

***

 

Seohyun close her eyes as her stylish painting in her face, giving her eye shadow and eyeliner as the final touch of her make up before putting fake eyelashes. Her white dress flow prettily in her body makes her mother look at her with proud sparks in her eyes.

 

They were standing in front of the venue of the party not long after, come right in time to give a good impression. Business man doesn't like to wait.

 

A man in his thirty ushered them inside the room. Seohyun could see there are many people especially from high society with designer clothes and shiny jewelries already gather around inside. It doesn't make her feel nervous at all since she used to come to this kind of place and meet this kind of people when she was a lot younger. Though she rarely come lately since she doesn’t feel enjoy with this kind of surrounding.

 

She making her way inside graciously, receiving the awe look from the man and jealousy look from the women. Wear her smile as her ultimate make up, she definitely winning all the attention.

 

Standing, in the corner of the room doesn't make her presence faded, a bunch of businessman approached her just to make a conversation with her and steal her attention. She politely gives her reply to them.

 

Not long after the light got turn off and the room become a bit dim when the spotlight directed to the front stage where the mc start to give his opening speech. "Annyeonghaseyo, ah this is such a good day isn't it? Today..."

 

The mc keep talking and start to give a short introduction about the company. Seohyun stand silently, while keep listen attentively. Her mother is nowhere at her sight since they entering the room. Maybe she got caught up talking with other colleagues.

 

"...And we would like to call the founder of the group, Mr. Jung Dae Ho.. let's give a round of applause.."

 

Mr. Jung, a man in his fifty walk to the stage and sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter