Chapter 7

Sparkling Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Opppaaaaa..." He heard a familiar voice calling him make he rolls his eye. He knows the owner of the voice is, without even took a glance at the latter. "Oppaaa.." Once again he heard her called and finally looking up, let go of the pen in his hand and sighed.

 

"Mwoya?" He asked lazily.

 

"Yah oppa.. Is this how you say hi to your lovely sister? Ah.. France makes you ruder than before." She snorted, getting annoyed at her cousin cold demeanor at her.

 

"Oh.. my lovely sister, Soo Jung-ah.. What brings you here to my office at office hour? Don't you know your oppa is working right now?"

 

"It's Krystal, oppa." She pouted.

 

He chuckled, always have a pleasure to . She tip toe closer to him, her hand circling his arms. "Oppaa~" He knows she must had something she wanted if she used that tone to him.

 

"Just tell me what do you want now?"

 

Krystal grins, loving how he always knows what she was up to. "Oppa, let's go to the mall. I need to buy present for Minhyuk oppa's upcoming birthday, but I have no idea what to buy. I need your advice. Besides we aren't talking for so long, tell me the story when you were in France. Was there something interesting happen?"

 

He sighed, Krystal is always a busybody. But she was his closest cousin and she used to give him a good advice in return. "Don't you dare say you were busy, oppa. I already ask Jungshin oppa and he said nothing that important to finish today in your schedule." She warned him.

 

"Ahrasso.. but let me finish signing this document first."

 

 

Krystal felt bored, it's already 15 minutes since she wait for him. Her phone doesn't satisfy her anymore since Minhyuk, her boyfriend is on meeting. She walks towards Yonghwa's desk and looking at the picture arranged neatly at the table. It is his family portrait, once when he was a kid, once when his father birthday, and once when the whole family celebrate their grandmother birthday when she still alive.

 

Krystal knows she will get scold if she disturb him now, but she can't help herself when suddenly she remember what her samchoon said about Yonghwa and arrange marriage.

 

"So oppa.. I heard you got wedding proposal?"

 

"Don't disturb me if you want us to go faster." He said, seems uninterested to bring the topic.

 

Hearing his lazy answer doesn't make her stop the topic. It was instead making her enthusiasts more to bring the topic even though it will irritate him. "Samchoon say he already give you the profile of the girls.. May I see it, oppa? I will choose the prettiest one for you."

 

He glares at her and she tries hard to hold her giggle. People may scare at him if they see him in this state, but not for Krystal, she knows him best. "Where did you put it?" She starts looking at the file in the table. "Oh.. it's not here.."

 

"Yah.. Soo jung-ah.." Yonghwa tried to stop her opening the drawer which makes her realized immediately where the file is. She smirks in triumphs, shrugged his hand and quickly steal the proposal. Yonghwa snickered lightly before give his focus back to the paper in front of him.

 

Krystal brought the file to the couch, turn the pages one by one. "Omo.. This Seojin give proposal for you too, oppa. Tch.. Definitely no no.. Let's see who we got here.."

 

"Oh this Choi family daughter.. I haven't see her in real life but she looks quite pretty here.. Choi Soo Young, age 25.. weight.. height.. omo she's so tall oppa, she will makes you so tiny when you stand beside her.." She giggled, her sarcastic tone doesn't left unnoticed by Yonghwa.

 

"Yah.."

 

"Oh wait.. This is Seo Joo Hyun unnie.. I know her.. hmm.. from all of the girls, I think she is the best one.. I approve.." She murmured to herself while turning a couple page more until the last picture.

 

"Oppa.. I already done choosing.." She said. "Joo Hyun unnie is the best choice, she isn't a , she's smart and very ladylike, pretty and most of all, she is Minhyukie friend. Isn't that great? We can have a double date later.."

 

"Yah.. Stop dreaming. You just pick her because she is Minhyuk friend right? That's bias. I can't trust your subjective opinion."

 

"Woah oppa.. I know this unnie, this isn't just because she is Minhyuk friend. Did you already saw her photo? She is definitely pretty.. Totally your type.." She reasoned. Her hand waves in the air holding the photo in front of him.

 

Without taking a glance he just keeps doing his work. "Stop it.. Of course the photo will look flawless, that's why people use photoshop, you know."

 

"Ayee this oppa.. You must not see the photo yet, huh?" She scoffed, put back the photo inside the file. "You should see it first before giving your careless comment... Anyhow, you should definitely consider my opinion, okay?" She put back the file at the previous place.

 

"I think it's not necessary, Soo Jung-ah.."

 

"Why?"

 

"I already find the girl I want to marry.." He grins from ear to ear just by imaginning Seohyun's image in his head.

 

"Really? Who?" Krystal looked at him curiously.

 

"That's my sis.. will get continuation at the car.. Come on, I already finish my work." He stood up from his seat and walk out to the door with Krystal tailing behind him.

 

***

 

"Omma, is it okay to buy something like this? Don't you think we should save or something?" Seohyun complained when her mother insist of buying her so many expensive dresses.

 

Her mother just smiles and keeps looking at Seohyun’s reflection in the mirror. "This is what we called investment, Joohyun-ah. If you want to catch a big fish, you should use a bigger rod."

 

She sighed, clearly her mother was so determine to make some good impression to the Jung's.

 

Her mother order for the dress being delivered to her main house and ask the helper to help Seohyun to change to another dress. "What is he like, omma?"

 

"Who? Mr. Jung or his son?"

 

"The one I should try to impress." She answered, take a look one more time at the reflection in front of her. Above all the dress she tries earlier, this one is her favorite. It was a white backless dress that flowing in her body like an angel form. The upper part of the dress is filled with sparkling beads and the lower part is a layer of small thin fabric make it looks like feathers. Despite the elegancy, it was quite simple white dress.

 

"This one is perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter