Chapter 13

Sparkling Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Broken pieces of a barely breathing story
Where there once was love
Now there's only me and the lonely..

(The lonely – Christina Perri)

 

 

Seohyun silently cry in her bedroom. Her heart ache like get stabbed by a pierce knife. Though it wasn’t the first time she knew about her existence, but it was the first she got to hear it from her mother itself. And it doesn't feel that good.

 

The first time she knew she was adopted was when she was 10. She overheard her parents talk in the office when she was about to go out. Later that night she cried herself to sleep and refuse to eat dinner. She got sick for about 3 days but didn't manage to ask her mother whether it was true or not. Her mother always there beside her when she got sick and Seohyun promise she would treat her better for repay her love and kindness. She decided to burry the truth and act oblivious about it. She was being an obedient daughter, always doing her best and did what her mother told.

 

This is the first time her mother told her about it personally. And it felt worse, apparently.

 

She knows what her mother said was right, she should at least do this much. But her heart refuses to comply with her head. She will pay the debt she owes them, in her own way.

 

There is a knock in her bedroom, snaps her from her reverie. Seohyun doesn't have the energy to open the door so not long after that her father open the door by himself. "Joohyun? May I come in?" His head still on the door, peek inside.

 

"Ne, appa."

 

His father sits beside her at the bed and smile, "What are you thinking?" He said shortly.

 

Seohyun stay silent for a while thinking what answer should she give to her father that won't make him worry.

 

"Just tell me honestly, Joohyun-ah. Appa want to hear your honest thought."

 

She gulped a lump in hardly, hesitatly answer. "I don't know, appa. I don't know what to think and feel right now..."

 

"Do you have anything you want to ask to me?"

 

Do I really want to know my family who throw me away?

 

Seohyun shook her head, feeling hurt and sad just by thinking about how her family throws her away instead of raising her. The reason behind it doesn’t matter anymore now.

 

Seohyun looks up and meet her father's eye. "Do you ever feel any regret for taking me?"

 

Her father smiles warmly, "How can I? When you grow up amazingly. You always make me proud, Joohyun."

 

"But omma said like she was dissapointed in me."

 

"She was happy to have you. But sometimes we, old people, could make a mistake too. We, could say something wrong and sometimes, we could do something stupid that leads the person we loves so much getting hurt in the end. Will you forgive us?"

 

"I'm the one who should apologize, appa. I'm selfish for thinking about myself only when I owe you so much.."

 

"Don't even think about that Joohyun. Of course you should chase your happiness. What I want for you is to be happy. You never owe me anything.. Though we aren't bound with blood but you are my child, my daughter and it will be last forever.." His hand cupped her hand, giving a tight grip of assurance. "..Don't think about the company, Appa will handle it.."

 

"Appa.. no matter what, I will help you with the company. I will find the investor. Please trust me until then.."

 

"Of course, Joohyun-ah.. Appa always trust you.."

 

"Thank you, appa.."

 

"What about the guy you were in love with?"

 

"I don't know, appa. If he truly loves me, he will trust me and eventually coming back to me.. If not then I should let him go, isn't it?"

 

There's another knock on the door and when they look up, her mother with disarray hair and wet face is standing in between the door. "Joohyun-ah.." Her mother walks faster to Seohyun before envelope her in her embrace. "Omma is sorry, honey.. I'm sorry."

 

Seohyun is crying too, feeling the familiar warmth from her mother embrace. Now both of them are crying while hugging each other making her father smile happily.

 

***

 

"..Yonghwa is busy, miss. He isn't allowed anyone to visit him right now."

 

"Do you know who I am? I will be your samonim soon, so behave or I will dissmiss you later."

 

Jungshin is scratching his head when this chaebol daughter, Seojin, force to barge in Yonghwa's office if Yonghwa didn't answer her phone call. She is even trying to threatening him like this when he was sure Yonghwa never say anything about marrying this woman yet. "I will ask him first, miss."

 

"No, just open the door or I will shout.. Oppa.. OPPAA.. Yonghwa oppaa.."

 

Yonghwa starts to feel irritated by the woman shout his name in front of his room. He knows Seojin tried to reach him ever since they had lunch the other day which he always decline. Jungshin already called him to just meet the girl and reject her right away. But it won't be polite remembering whose daughter she is and what their company relation with his.

 

With a heavy heart Yonghwa rolled his eye when he finally walks to the door to meet her. His phone rings suddenly and he thought it was Seojin again try to call him for the nth times. But to his surprised, it was Krystal. As far as he knows, Krystal is in Japan to meet Minhyuk. And it means no phone call or message since she will be busy spending time with him except there is something urgent came up. Yonghwa quickly answer the phone with his cousin voice in the other line.

 

"Oppa, I'm baaacckk.." Yonghwa put the phone away for a second to decrease the loud voice of her cousin. Why girls now are so loud and noisy?

 

"Oppa, do you hear me? I'm on my way to your office right now, let's have lunch together.."

 

"Yah, soojung-ah, do you think you can just ask me go out of the blue? I'm busy you know.. Wait.. It’s perfect. Hurry come here, Soojung-ah.."

 

"It's Krystal for God's sake. What were you saying oppa, rejecting me and accepting me at the same time. Are you playing hard to get with me?" She sound annoyed.

 

"Just hurry comes here, Krystal."

 

Krystal frowned, Yonghwa called her with the right name just when he needs something from her.

 

Yonghwa tried to make Jungshin keep Seojin outside a bit longer, to buy some more time. He is very tired and annoyed to meet her again. She was really spoiled and rude to the people below her. It irks him, he wants to just leave her there at the restaurant if not for her father request to accompany her.

 

Seojin barge in his room one minute later, her eyebrows creased while pouting her lips. He sighed irritatingly. Just the perfect way to make his already bad day get worsen.

 

"Oppa.. Why don't you answer my call nor my text? You know how much I call you already?"

 

"Why were you here, Seojin-ssi?"

 

She walks closer and sit unpolitely in his table while clutch her hand on his shoulder. He grips her hand to let her go from his body. "I miss you, oppa." She said with a seductive voice that gives goosebumps all over his body. It makes him sick instead of getting turns on.

 

"You must be not eating yet, right? Let's go to my apartment, I will serve you something delicious.." Seojin bend down her upper part, showing two rounds of mound from her opened button shirt.

 

Yonghwa fake his smile, he knows what Seojin was implying. Yonghwa stood up from his seat, watching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter