Chapter 11

Sparkling Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love doesn't hurt.

Expectations do.

-Pushkaraj Shirke-

 

 

Seohyun wake up with Yonghwa sleeping soundly beside her. His steady breath filled the empty room. Seohyun observing his face, last night moment recalled in her head like a broken tape. She couldn't remember the whole things happen last night vividly. She was just following her instinct, her lust. What she knows was she missed him, of his touch, to feel his warm in her bare skin. Without thinking much she let her desire winning her. Despite knowing how angry and dissapointed he was at her. How he think she was just such a low gold digger. For him it was just to satisfy his lust, no matter who the receiving end was, he maybe wasn't care much.

 

Even if it wasn't her.

 

Her heart felt the pain when she thinks about it. Gone Yonghwa who loves her and treat her warmly and it was because of her faults. Her tears fall in her cheek make the sheet below her wet. Should she regret what she did last night? She doesn't know. People will think she was stupid for giving up like that, but she doesn't even care anymore.

 

Her finger traces his bang to his face and his lips. Oh how she love this man. If only he could believe in her and understand her maybe their love story will end up a happy ending one, just like the fairy tale story she often read when she was a kid. But no, theirs is not even close to it. Fate maybe playing her as always, give her a good memory of love before it vanished by the cruel reality.

 

He flinched a little and she startled, afraid she will wake him up and get angry at her. She almost could predict how he will gonna treat her after this, even if he promise her a marriage, he won't let her be happy easily. But she will try to endure it all, for the sake of her family, for the sake of her love. Though it took years for him to finally believe in her again, she will endure it, to prove him her love is sincere.

 

She wakes up and took his shirt at the floor before freshen herself at the bathroom when she find him still asleep. Suddenly she remembers her mother and quickly took her phone to give her a call. She was forget to tell her about last night, when she realize her phone was off too. Her mother must have been worried. She was out from the bathroom and give Yonghwa one last glance before she walks out of the penthouse.

 

***

 

Yonghwa wakes up when the sunrays through the curtain blinding his eye. He realizes he was all alone in bed. He frowned and quickly rushes to the every corner of the house looking for her just to find it empty. His breath panting panicked if she is gone again. He looks at the floor and found her dress still lay on the ground while his white shirt was nowhere to be seen. She must have taken his shirt before leaving. The dress too shiny, it will catch people attention if she wears it and out from his penthouse. He touches her dress with such an overwhelmed feeling.

 

He stomped his body on the bed and rake his hair in anger. Once again she is running away from him. He knows he already hurt her last night with what he said and did. But he was hurt too. Hurt by what she did to him and all the realization of her motive to get close to him. In desperation and frustration he just couldn't think straight and did it to her. He still loves her but somehow it hurt him at the same time whenever he saw her close. His pride really doesn't want to make it easy for her.

 

He rakes his hair frustratingly of what should he does to her. He definitely should marry her, since he can't let go of her in other man's arm. She is his and only his. But first he should find out what exactly happen in her life. Why she desperately need to marry a chaebol? Is she really just like the other gold digger who after his rich or there are another reason behind it.

 

 

Yonghwa arrived at his office and quickly goes to his own room. There is one more thing he needs to check. Jungshin got startled when Yonghwa walk passed his desk at the office in hurry. It wasn't usual for him to come to office in hurry.

 

Yonghwa took off his suit and sit at his chair before open his drawer and took out the file that already left unopened for a while now. He opens the file not to look for his suitor which he already saw last night and no one could beat his Seohyun, but to find Seohyun's profile in it. After the third page he saw her big photo, smiling like an angel in her casual attire, holding a puppy in her hand.

 

He saw her profile beside the photo. Name Seo Joo Hyun, Date of birth... Hobby... Size...

 

Suddenly he felt like the stupidest person in the world. What he was looking for was been here the whole time and he was busy making fuss to find her. If only he took just a single glance at this file, he doesn't have to go through all the trouble. There were many chances for him to see this if only he wasn’t that stubborn. Krystal will surely laugh at him if she knew about this.

 

He called Jungshin right away to his office. In no time he already stands in front of him. "Ne, sajangnim."

 

"Stop the formality, Jungshin-ah. I want to ask you something personal." Jungshin could guess what it was.

 

"What is it, hyung?"

 

"Do background check on Seo Joo Hyun. I want to know every single detail about her."

 

"Why you are still so curious about her, hyung? You could ask her yourself, right?" Jungshin said carelessly. Actually he is also curious to know what happen last night since he know Yonghwa doesn’t left his penthouse to come back to his apartment, but he know it was too personal.

 

"Just do it, Jungshin-ah. Find out anything you could about her..oh.. Especially about her family business, find out if they had some financial issue."

 

"Ahrasso, hyung. I was just curious, you know you look unhappy despite the fact that you already found her, the love of your life. Shouldn't you should be happy for her to be one of your suitor? It will make everything easier."

 

Yeah, right. But everything becomes complicated right now.

 

"I wish it was that simple.." Yonghwa mumbled.

 

***

 

Seohyun arrive at her house and quickly goes to her mother bedroom. Her mother looks at her with a strange look from her head to her toe. Seohyun is wearing a man's shirt with just scarf linen tied on her waist that looks like skirt in her body. It's not about the odd fashion she was wearing that leaves her mother confused. Her, wearing shirt when she was out with a beautiful dress that makes her mother wonder.

 

"Where are you from, Joohyun? You were not even called and gone like that last night and just comeback home in the morning."

 

"I'm sorry, omma. My phone was off and there was something came up last night..." She wasn't sure how to tell her mother about this though her mother wasn't a person who likes to meddle in her personal life.

 

"..About Mr. Jung..."

 

Seohyun started when her mother cut her and say, "You don’t have to feel sorry about it anymore.."

 

"We already cancel the proposal."

 

"No, it's not.. wait what?"

 

"I already cancel the proposal. We don't need to do that anymore." Her mother give her small smile.

 

"B-but why?"

 

"You will get married with Lay from Zhang family."

 

"What?"

 

"I know this is too sudden but at least you don't need to try so hard to seduce Mr.Jung anymore. Lay is offering him self to help us and it will be more convenient, isn't it? He says he was fall in love with you from the first sight and willing to take you as wife. It was like a golden ticket for us.."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter