Chapter 8

Sparkling Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa sit in the couch of his penthouse, in front of him is a little pink notebook with daisy pattern as a button lock lying safely at the glass table. He is still hesitating whether he should call her or not. A tiny urge inside him wants to open the lock of the notebook and read the content inside. But he think it will be peeping her privacy so he stop himself right when he was about to open it.

 

Instead of calling Joohyun, he called Jungshin right away.

 

He answered in two seconds. "Ne, Hyung?"

 

"Jungshin-ah.. Have you found any news about her?"

 

Jungshin knows immediately who he was talking about. Well, since Yonghwa coming back from France, she was the only topic that coming out from his mouth. "Not yet, hyung. I ask people in her workplace but she always changing her job in a short time. No one really knows her privately. I guess she must be a lonely girl who lives with no friends. How pity.."

 

"Yahh.. " Yonghwa cut.

 

"Hyung, may I ask you something?"

 

"What?"

 

"What if we can't find her? Will you looking for her forever? You know you should follow your father's rule if you can't find her just in time, right?"

 

Yonghwa sighed, his heart feel ache just by imagining it. It was the first experience for him to feel the thing called love and he doesn't want to lose it since he doesn't know how to cope with it. He needed her to survive since she came into his life. It ridiculous. How Jung Yonghwa might act like this just because of a girl.

 

"We still have time, still a couple days left.." He murmured.

 

He ended the call and takes some glance at the notebook at the table. It's better to finish the thing one by one if he doesn't want to be disturbed by her naggy cousin.

 

He searched Seo Joo Hyun number in his phone but found none.

 

Weird. Krystal said she already save it.

 

He searched one more time and almost gives up and intends to call his cousin to ask when his eye catches unfamiliar name on his contact list.

 

Pretty Ju Hyun love love ~

 

“Ige mwoya?” He widened his eye, read it for one more time before shooks his head in annoyance. He makes some note in his head to scolds her cousin when he met her later.

 

Finally he dials her number, just to let her know that her notebook is in his possession, safe and secure, clean and neat.

 

The phone rings for a while now but no one pick it up. He looks at the clock, its 11 p.m. Maybe she is asleep already. He decided to just called again later and keep the notebook in his book closet.

 

***

 

"...What about my meeting with Mr. Han?"

 

"Mr. Han is still in Beijing, he asks to change the schedule for next week." Jungshin who walks behind him started to look at his ipad and recited the rest of his schedule today.

 

Yonghwa got caught up at work since he was busy as the new CEO. As a responsible heir, he should do his best no matter what personal conflict he had. He works hard to not let his father dissapointed with him even if it makes him lose his sleeping time. And maybe by doing so, he could gain his father sympathy to spare him from unnecessary matchmaking until he found Seohyun. Yes, he still hasn't lose hope to find her but he no longer think the remaining time is enough. He needs to buy more time apparently.

 

"Is there any news about her?"

 

Jungshin just shake his head. Yonghwa should know the answer though Jungshin doesn't give him one. Because if there is any, Jungshin will be the one who tell him about it first.

 

"I think we won't be able to find her.. You see.. If she really love you she won't left you in the first place.. Forget about her, hyung.."

 

"Is there any important meeting tomorrow?"

 

Jungshin taps on his ipad to check. "Since Mr. Han reschedules the meeting, you had no urgent schedule."

 

Yonghwa think for a while. "Book me flight to France tomorrow.."

 

"Ne?"

 

"You've heard me.." Ever since he came back to Seoul and she was left, he felt something missing in his life. It felt surreal. There is some weird feeling knock in his deepest mind that he should come back to France and make sure by himself that she really is already gone.

 

"But Sajangnim.."

 

"..And don't disturb me for tonight, I just want to have a good rest till tomorrow flight."

 

"But.. Hyung.."

 

***

 

He came out from the shower with clouded mind filled his head. It's only 3 days left and he still got no clue about her where being. He took some suitcase from the closet and put just enough shirts in it. He doesn't have enough time anyway.

 

"Hyung are you sure?" He heard Jungshin asked from the speaker phone. Yonghwa didn't answer it and Jungshin give up eventually. "Ahrasso.. I already book your flight tomorrow night. Just go there and have some closure, hyung.. That's what your father said.."

 

"My father?"

 

"Yes.. He wants you to move on.. If she can't appreciate your love to her by doing this to you, it means she wasn't worth it.. And I think your father is right.."

 

"..I know.." He answered shortly.

 

He knows it was true anyway. This past week he thinks about it a lot. How can she leave him just like that? No words, no explanation. She told him that she loves him but she was the one that got away. Was everything she ever said is true? Now he doubts it. Time make his doubt getting stronger and left him with only bitterness. He believes she had her own reason to do that but she could at least explain it to him, right? Especially when he already wanted to fights for their love.

 

He decided to bring some book to read later. He doesn't really love to read but sometimes he did it to spend his free time. His hand searching for the book he wasn’t able to finish when suddenly his hand bump into something and make a couple books fell over to the floor. He cursed lightly before his eye catches on the things that he knows wasn’t his.

 

The forgotten pink notebook spreads open at the floor. He just remembers he wasn't able to return it to the owner. In fact he didn't even remember it till now. He picked the book from the floor and put it back to the closet. Last he took the already open notebook and realized there is something fell off the book.

 

It was a photo of a girl.

 

He widened his eye and smile, staring at the sleeping baby girl Polaroid photo in his hand. The ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter