Twenty Steps

Rainy Days

 

For Oh Sehun, twenty steps were a perfect distance. He could take a glimpse of her, without being creepy. A perfect space where she wouldn't notice him, also, be bothered by him. 

Twenty steps were a perfect distance, where he couldn't hear her conversation, he didn't want to, because he knew that there was a boundary between being curious and being a stalker. He reassured him self, that this strange feeling, was just no more than curiousness. 

Twenty were just the nearest gap he could get. He was afraid to take more step towards her, when with just twenty, he had already captivated this much. He didn't know that a person could be so bright; the way she laugh, the way she swished her long brown hair, he recorded everything behind his mind; to be repeated again later at night, before he closed his eyes. 

 

Twenty steps were the perfect amount for a stranger. 

 

Sehun met her just for days or maybe weeks now, but he felt like he had known her for his whole life. The warm feeling that he got when he was staring at her and he had to admit that he liked the unfamiliar swish in his stomach every time Oh Hayoung turned her head towards him with curious cute eyes. Ilhoon was the only victim who had to bare a super random conversation, when it happened, so that she didn't know someone watch her from a far. 

He knew that Hayoung always drank a small box of strawberry milk in the first break. Sometimes she brought two or three boxes with her, for being given to Hong Yookyung or Song Danah, her new friends. She made notices for every single words the teacher had said, when it wasn't enough, she always compared her notes with Yookyung, while Danah was busy to drag them to play outside. When she was sleepy at the class, she would wake her self up by puffing her both cheeks, or even patted them repeatedly. Sehun knew too much to be classified as a stranger. But still, he wasn't related to her in any way. If for him, she was the prettiest sunflower in his field, for Oh Hayoung, he was only a passed by crow. 

 

When he was in Middle School, Sehun's mother always advised him to be picky at befriend with someone. He only scoffed at her words back then, the normal reaction a middle school teenager would do. It was not like her mother wasn't fond of Kim Namjoon, Jung Soojung, and Jung Ilhoon, she always warmly welcomed them every time they stopped by, just… Kim Namjoon had always had a bad reputation, and by nature, the rest of the gank were also stamped the same, except Jung Ilhoon. Didn't know why and how he was always accepted as the class clown and social butterfly, despite the bad rumors.  

And now, after all this time Sehun was befriending with Namjoon, he knew what was his mother meant. He never cared about what people said all this time. But now, maybe he started to. 

 

It was laughable, but he did care about what Oh Hayoung thought of him. 

 

And for the first time, the notorious stamp on his head worried him much. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n 

Crossing my promise about 100-200 words... because I can't. OTL (are you happy now, R?)