(Not) A Rainy Day

Rainy Days

 

Mrs. Kim widened her eyes once she saw the rare thing in the morning, Sehun came down the stairs with Seojun's hand intertwined at his. The talkative one from the two was busy telling his brother a story from his dream, giving a special effect here and there from his little mouth. 

Still taken aback by the beautiful image in front of her, she was even startled when Sehun shot her with questioned eyes, "Mom, breakfast," Mrs. Kim was awake from her daylight dream and rubbed her eyes, scooping abundant amount of rice to Sehun's bowl. 

It was not an usual morning, for sure. She even noticed herself to celebrate this day next year, the turn point and the born day of Kim's brother. She had waited for three years long for today, wishing in every pray that his only son would accept the new small family. And finally, today has come. 

"Mom, are you sick?" Sehun took piece of egg and put it on Seojun's bowl before taking another one and put it on his own, gazing his mother behind the bowl. 

Did he always do that? Or… why I never realize before? Mrs. Kim shook her head, "No. Why?" 

"You don't nag us like usual. Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere?" 

"Did something happen at work?" Seojun asked, looking genuinely worried. He just asked the sentence every time someone looked upset, just changing the place --at school, at work. 

Mrs. Kim shook her head again, smiling to the maknae, "Mom is fine, Seojun-ah. I will change my clothes and bring you to kindergarten, okay?" 

"I can bring him there, if you want," She widened her eyes again after hearing one sentence from him. Did I hear right?

 

She looked off the window. Blue clear sky. She turned her head again to the older son. 

 

He was still munching his food calmly. 

 

***

 

Hayoung was walking with wide smile on her face, looking at the small creatures behind the fence. They run everywhere with their backpack on, some made baby talk conversation that hard for adult to understand. She smiled again and greeted them on her mind. She glanced watch on her wrist, ten minutes before the bus came. She still had plenty of times. 

She turned right in the next road, and at that time she saw a familiar figure walking towards her. Two familiar figures. 

 

The little dragon and his brother. 

The vice president and his brother. 

 

While the younger one was busy chasing an innocence butterfly, it seemed that the older noticed her presence, because he stopped his footstep after he reached a certain distance from her. He ruffled his hair in slight timidity, "Umm. Morning," 

 

Oh Hayoung looked at the sky above her. 

 

Blue clear sky.