On The Way To School

Rainy Days

 

Oh Hayoung always did morning preparation alone since she was in the primary school. Her uniform was always hanged on the door since the night before, neatly ironed by the housemaid Ajumma. She woke up by 06.30, after her alarm played Happiness by H.O.T loudly in 5th level volume. She always determined to open her eyes before Heejoon's voice was heard. 

After thirty minutes of morning routine-- took a bath while humming the latest kpop songs, styled her hair, and put light make up on her face-- she was ready to go downstairs, greeting the already-empty-living room. She skipped her breakfast like usual, grabbing two boxes of strawberry milk, not because she liked it but she knew she would be hungry in an hour span. 

"I'm going to school," she said loudly. 

 

And she didn't get any answer. 

 

Like usual. 

 

*** 

 

"Hyungieee! Hunnie Hyung! Let's go!" Kim Seojun the little dragon was already some steps ahead, leaving his brother behind. "We are late," 

"No, we are not," Anyone would know that he held his step for some reasons, because he could overlap little Seojun effortlessly with his long legs, but he didn't. He threw his sight for a far, squinting his eyes, and observing the blue roof house-- as if he waited for someone to come out. "Watch your step Kim Seojun. I won't help you if you fall," 

Seojun didn't hear the last caution, he was running around, couldn't wait to meet Sooah and Jimin in the class. 

 

The two brother's smile rose at the same second, after they saw a girl appeared before them. 

 

"Hayoungie Noona!!" 

 

The Hyung didn't say anything. But his smile was wider. 

 

***

 

Sehun closed the steel gate, smiled at Hayoung who waited outside the kindergarten. "Thank you for waiting," 

Hayoung nodded, "Let's go to school, our bus comes in five minutes!" 

Sehun followed her who was already steps ahead, "Do we have important class today?" 

"What are you talking about?" Hayoung turned his back and chuckled, "Every class is important," 

"Hayoung-ah," Sehun held her arm. Hayoung, stopped her step and facing him. "Do you want to skip school and go to play?" Hayoung widened her eyes in surprised, taken aback, whether by his action or by his suggestion he made. She stared at his eyes, not sure if he just wanted to mock her because their last after school conversation. But he just looked genuine as always. 

 

He still waited for her answer. 

 

And his hand was still holding her arm. 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

Writing new plots today. and I think this story would be (very) long.