The Four

Rainy Days

 

"My maaaaaan!! Oh Sehun!! Jung Ilhoon!!" Namjoon stretched his arms, welcoming his best friends exaggeratedly like usual. Jung Soojung was already there, sitting on the low brick wall with strawberry lollipop in . Sehun gave Namjoon casual hugs and ruffled Soojung's hair, scoring a you-messed-up-my-hairstyle glare from the latter. Ilhoon followed behind him, high fived Namjoon and also, ruffled Soojung's hair, but he got a slap on his arm instead of just a glare, "You all ruined my hair," 

Ilhoon sat beside her, protested, "Unfair!! You didn't hit Sehun!"

Soojung pushed him away, "Geez. Go away, Jung!" 

Meeting at the 'usual place'. Every second and fourth Friday of the month. 5pm after school. They promised each other to stay friend after they left middle school and went to their own way. No tears were spilled at their graduation day, maybe they were just being loyal to their notorious title or it could also because they believed that nothing would change even after the separation, so why the tears? There were just bitter gaze, dry laugh, and light patting on shoulder all day long. They had their own rules, even the unspoken one, and surprisingly, they kept it well. 

"How was school?" Sehun asked Namjoon, the unpointed leader in the group. "New friends?"

"Yeah, one and two," Namjoon shrugged his shoulder. "I spend more time with the senior. Damn. Being a maknae is just worst things could happen," 

Sehun shook his head, giving a disapproval look to the leader, "You join gang again like in the middle school, don't you?"

"I need friends!" Namjoon threw his hair back, sighing, "I want to move to our high school, and start everything with you," 

"You can find friend everywhere," Ilhoon rolled his eyes, "Why it have to be a gang?" 

Soojung flicked his forehead, "It's easy for you to say, but for us three, it's damn haaaarrdddd. Why other people judge us anyway?" 

"Look at your attitude, Jung! How can people not judge you?" Ilhoon rubbed his red forehead. It might be better if he was holding distance with this girl. Every time he returned from their meeting, he always got one or two bruises either on forehead or on his arms. 

"Do you want to die?" Soojung threw her signature face to Ilhoon.

"You have to learn from me, or at least from Sehun," he chuckled. "He has new friend already," 

"Shut up," Sehun kicked Ilhoon's shinbone, making the latter shrieked in pain. It seemed that he had to avoid to be near with Sehun too. Soojung crushed her lollipop on and threw the stick in the garbage can, interested in the conversation now.

Namjoon whistled. "Wow. It seems that I missed something here," 

Ilhoon jumped from where he sat, avoiding two violent members of the group. It was funny that Namjoon who supposed to be the bad boy never hurt him in anyway, while Sehun and Soojung hit him lightly here and there. "It's a breaking news," 

Sehun rolled his eyes, wondering why he should befriend with this chirpy guy. Namjoon and Soojung looked at him with frowned eyebrows, "Wow, it's really a breaking news looking how you react right now, Hun,"

"Really? How do I react right now?" 

Ilhoon smirked and patted Namjoon's shoulder, "Notorious Sehun had already rest in peace. Welcome the new vice class president, Oh Sehun!" 

 

They frowned. 

 

"He even stayed longer after school to help the class president," Ilhoon ignored Sehun's shut-up-right-now gaze, winked at him back with mischievous meaningful eyes, "She is pretty, right?" 

 

Soojung and Namjoon shifted their eyes from Ilhoon to Sehun, waiting for his reaction. Their frown were getting deeper when Sehun didn't deny it.

 

And he blushed.