VII - Hyoyeon x Suho - No Rush

Hyoyeon's Apples [Requests closed and writing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Hyoyeon x Suho

Prompt: [Song] Darling - Girl's Day.

I haven't really heard Girl's Day songs so I had to look up the MV. It was so bright and cute and innocent and summery. It's just about to hit summer here with trips to the beach planned, so I thought Hyo and Suho might enjoy something like that ^__^ with the rest of the group as well.

Requested by: Hyosmilely

 

Title: No Rush

'Whaaaaaaat? You still haven't kissed him yet??' Taeyeon and Tiffany shared a look and burst out laughing.

'Hey, shut up!'

'Even our maknae kissed her boyfriend a week after they started going out-- it's been more than two weeks for you!' Yuri butted in, laughing equally as hard.

'Our maknae has a boyfriend who took the initiative,' Hyoyeon argued, 'I have the coolest, calmest, chillest boyfriend-- he doesn't even hold my hand unless it's to cross a street.'

'Uh... you did say that you were dating Suho, right?' Taeyeon clarified, 'the same Suho that is the leader of the most popular group of guys in our university? Or did you mean some innocent little boy who sits at home playing video games all day and has never had a girlfriend?'

'Nope, I'm sure it's the first one,' Hyoyeon sighed.

To be honest she didn't understand it either. From knowing Suho before she confessed to him, he was very affectionate and playful with s, always throwing his arm around them or ruffling their hair. But to her it somehow was the complete opposite, the few times they'd gone on dates since starting their relationship he generally kept his hands in his pockets.

'You think he's shy?' Seohyun, bless her sweet soul, tried to offer the introverted's way out.

'Yeah-- you're very loud Hyo,' Tiffany said, 'maybe you're overpowering him.'

'No way, she's always completely awkward around guys that she actually likes-- if anything, you're probably not giving him anything to work with,' Yuri dismissed that thought, 'what's so wrong with intiating the skinship anyway? Just go out there and grab his hand-- this is the 21st century!'

Hyoyeon thought about that for a moment, 'Hey that makes sense... and you never make sense to me.'

'Yah!! I'm trying to help you here,' Yuri yelled in mock annoyance, getting up from the bench to give her a whack. Hyoyeon backed away and tried to run but her phone's text tone went off.

It was Suho saying he'd just finished class for the day, 'I'm going!! See you guys later!' 

+++

Unfortunately her happiness and optimism didn't last too long. Although she'd tried to do as Yuri said and initiate holding hands with him-- it became a little impractical to walk like that-- the first time that he'd struggled to lift his slipping backpack strap over his shoulder she sheepishly let go.

She didn't have the courage to reach out again after that and they walked in their awkward 1/4 metre apart distance for the rest of the way home.

'Hey Suho-yah, let's stop by at the park?' she invited him, and he smiled back and indulged her. They played on the swings and seesaw and went down the slide, but although they were talking very easily about anything and everything... nothing.

She looked up when she heard laughter, to see a couple walking through the path around the park slowly, holding hands and the girl leaning her cheek against her boyfriend's shoulder.

'Wanna go get some drinks and sit on the bench?' she asked, trying not to be disheartened. 

'I'll go get the drinks, same one?' he asked, referring to her favourite.

She nodded. She loved that he was the sweet type to remember what she liked. 

'Thank you,' she accepted the drink and sat closer. It was starting to get chilly as the sun began to set-- the perfect opportunity for him to put his arm around her-- but he didn't.

'Hey Suho-yah. You've had other girlfriends before right?'

'Uh... yeah,' he was caught off-guard by her question.

'And you've kissed them right?'

'I guess so-- but, Hyoyeon-ah...'

'You know...' Hyoyeon suddenly stood up. His admission hurt a little bit, 'I confessed my feelings to you because I genuinely liked you. But I didn't need you to say the words back... especially if you didn't mean them.'

'That's not--,' true, Suho wanted to protest.      

'--I would've been a little hurt if you'd rejected me, but nothing like what it feels like now-- which is that you just forced yourself to go out with me because you were too much of a coward.'

'Hyoyeon- that's not true!!'

'I'm sorry,' Hyoyeon got up and ran the short distance to her apartment. 

Suho was in too much shock to go after her and so instead he just sat there, wondering what the hell he was doing. 


+++

'You know you're driving her crazy, right Suho-hyung,' Sehun said, 'I feel sorry for Hyo-noona!!'

'I don't know how to deal with her-- she was so friendly and bubbly when we first met-- but suddenly since we started dating it's been so awkward.'

'So you think that you made a mistak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter