Hyo x Sehun - We don't talk anymore

Hyoyeon's Apples [Requests closed and writing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Part II of the previous HyoKai, this time HyoHun by popular demand! Thank you for the comments asking this to be written. Enjoy!

Song: We don't talk anymore - Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez

Hyo X Sehun

 

"Krystal-ssi with Sehun-ssi."

Sehun needed a drink. Of course it had to be her. Here she was kicking up a fuss that she couldn't be with her new boyfriend and now he had to step in and be her dance partner. 

She eyed him doubtfully, and he tried to keep his emotions in check. 

"What? It's just a dance."

Krystal shrugged at that, casting one more longing glance across to Kai for good measure, before grudgingly making her way to Sehun's side. 

They both looked across to where Kai and Hyoyeon-noona were having a similar awkward exchange. Why the choreographers just wouldn't put 'Kaistal' together and put the rest of them out of their misery, he didn't know. 

 

+++

 

Sehun and Krystal didn't exactly date. But they were close and it was leading in that direction. At least he thought so. Whenever he tried to bring up the topic of relationships she always brushed him off and said something like 'I'm not ready yet' or 'I'm focusing on my career'. 

Sehun was a fool for having believed that. 

He thought it was okay because she still spoke to him every night, messaged him cute little stickers every day, greeted him good morning and good night without fail. 

Until it all changed. 

Until apparently his own best friend made her an offer she just couldn't refuse and she took on all the haters out there by making their relationship public. 

What a joke. 

He walked back now to the music tower to restart the song. It not being able to practise with a partner, but it couldn’t be helped. The last thing he wanted was for Krystal to think she was still hung up on him and making excuses for them to spend time together. So instead here he was after-hours practicing on his own.

‘Oh, Sehun-ah.’

He turned to the doorway to see Hyoyeon-noona standing there. He wasn’t surprised to see her. Out of all the SNSD sunbaes she was the one who was most likely to put in long hours at the dance studio. She always joked that it was because her schedule was the most free – but really he knew it was because she was a perfectionist.

‘Noona, you came to practise?’

‘Yeah, you know I hate not getting it right,’ the words sat on top of them tauntingly, because he knew that she’d also been blind-sided by the Kaistal ship.

‘Am I going to get in your way if I stay? Do you want to practise together?’ he asked.

Hyoyeon grinned, her eye smile showing, ‘Sehun-ah, that’s a great idea – oh wait, you’re on the opposite side of the floor, are you sure it won’t just confuse you?’

He found himself smirking, ‘Of course not, who do you think I am, noona?’

She stuck her hands up, ‘Okay, okay. I’m sorry – let’s practise then.’

 

+++

 

It was true that Sehun was not as strong a dancer as Kai, but he had a different type of charisma that appealed to Hyoyeon.

The one criticism of Kai's dancing was that he was always going at his own pace – if you couldn’t meet his intensity – that was tough luck. Hyoyeon never minded because she loved a challenge – but it did get tiring.

Sehun was different. He met you halfway.

He was aware of you and what you could or couldn’t do, what you wanted to do, what you intended. His dancing wasn’t flashy but it was precise and it just felt right.

If she wasn’t currently heartbroken, she would have fallen for him.

She always had a soft spot for good dancers.

But thankfully she was heartbroken because she didn’t want to complicate things anymore than what it already was. And she knew he was heartbroken too. But wait... wasn't that good? Wasn't that perfect? Maybe she was going crazy but....

‘I have an idea...’ she suddenly said, as they sat against the wall, catching their breath.

He turned to her, patiently waiting for the continuation.

‘Let’s be each other’s support,’ she appealed to him earnestly, ‘I know you’re s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter