2.1 Hyo x Lay - Whisper

Hyoyeon's Apples [Requests closed and writing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: A massive sorry to everyone who I promised to write Batch 2 for-- I haven't been motivated to do much lately-- but finally found some inspiration today-- some 2 months after I opened Batch 2. Please enjoy the first of the 8 of this group!!! xxx Kei

Hyoyeon x Lay - Hyosmilely

[Song] Whisper - TTS

I know that Kai and Lay are both lovely dancers, but obviously the HyoKai ship is a lot stronger if we're talking about dancing machines. I wanted to use a plot that is similar to something that's happened to me though-- while funny, it's also incredibly frustrating. 

 

Title: Whisper

'Kai-ssi, can you please stand next to Hyoyeon-ssi?' the photographer asked.

Hyoyeon tried her best to avoid letting the annoyance appear on her face. She felt Lay move away from her to make room for Kai.

'Kai-ssi, can you put your arm around her shoulders please?' he called out again.

'Noona, you don't mind do you?' Kai asked politely.

Hyoyeon felt bad that she had just momentarily wished him to the other side of the planet, 'Of course not,' she offered a brief "I'm sorry I hated on you" smile.

But deep down she wished that it was Lay who had his arm around her-- wasn't that why she'd been so ecstatic when they'd end up standing next to each other when the photo shoot began?

Although if she was completely honest, rather than "end up" she had purposefully angled herself to be right there next to him. 

TaTiSeo, who had finished up their segment but were waiting for her so that they could all return to the dorm together, stood near the preview screens with knowing grins on their face. It wasn't surprising that everyone in the group knew of her frustrating, unrequited love for Lay.

From that first day she saw him practising on his own in the dance studio-- surprising her because she'd never seen anyone come as early as she -- and he addressed her with his slightly weird Korean.

'Oh Hyoyeon-ssi!' he bowed respectfully.

She laughed at just how low he went, almost a full 90 degrees, 'I didn't realise you were practising this morning...' he said slowly and stuttering out the words uncertainly.

'It's okay,' she answered in her equally funny Mandarin which she'd learnt the few years she was sent to China to study with Siwon, 'what are you dancing? Do you want to freestyle a little?'

'Together?' he asked in awe, his eyes widening.

'Of course, show me what you've got dongsaeng,' she .

The moment he turned the music on and began to dance his specific style, she must've fallen in love with him there and there. She didn't know it at the time though -- she thought it was just admiration for his talent.

It wasn't until a two years or so after, when Exo released Wolf...

+++

'The Exo-M boys are back from China! We're having a welcoming party for them-- you're coming right noona?' Suho asked.

'Of course, it will be good to see them again-- plus that silly Jongdae won't let me hear the end of it if I miss it-- he keeps texting me,' Sooyoung answered for the group, 'Hyo you're coming right?'

'Yeah, sure,' she was always ready to see her cute dongsaengs.

She was already ing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter