VI: Hyoyeon x Luhan - I'll Protect You

Hyoyeon's Apples [Requests closed and writing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Hyoyeon x Luhan

Prompts: [Song] Only U (Taetiseo) --- "You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?" and [Storyline:] school (university) romance

This was challenging because it's first time I've gotten so many prompts. It's lucky that my story with Luhan and Hyo (in my other fic, was based in university) since it's unlikely that I will finish that story any time soon, I thought I'd give HyoxLuhan shippers something to enjoy. 

Requested by: IyeshaG

  Title: I'll Protect You'

'I don't need you to protect me,' Hyoyeon shook her head impatiently. She looked between Kai, to Kris, to Suho-- the leader-- this was absolutely ridiculous.

She was a second year university student. She should be past all of this. She moved away from her parents' comfortable house in Incheon to inner city Seoul to attend M University and take up a degree in dancing-- she didn't give up everything she knew in order to be caught up in some stupid cross-campus battle between two groups.

Why did she stupidly choose that route home one night and seen a fight between Luhan-sshi and another group? Why did she raise the alarm and help bring him to a hospital? It now appeared there was a rumour that she was Luhan-sshi's girlfriend. She'd never even talked to him before that night!!! Although of course with a cute-ish face and doe eyes, he was a popular guy on campus-- she knew who he was.

She ignored him sitting there in the corner, with his arm in a cast. She could feel his earnest gaze on her but she resisted the urge to look at him. 

'That's not your choice, Hyoyeon-sshi,' Suho replied calmly, his gentle face was very good-looking, but there was something a little indimidating behind those eyes.

'Listen, is this going to affect my studies? I'm already behind in all my subjects-- I have the mid-sem dance performance in a few weeks-- if you're expecting me to stay inside my dorm until this dies down...'

'No, we'll just have one of the guys tail you. To and from classes.'

'Don't you have your own classes to attend?' Hyoyeon stared at him, thinking it was the stupidest thing she'd heard.

'Lucky for you, one of our members is doing your course too. One year below but...'

'No. No. NO. You're going to have Luhan-sshi following me? Isn't that what we call fanning the fire? They'll go after me even more-- Why not Tao-sshi?' 

'He's going to stick out like a sore thumb,' Suho dismissed her suggestion. 

'If you want someone no one will notice, how about him?' she pointed at D.O.

'Ouch,' D.O. said, while Kai and Sehun sniggered and patted him on the back, pretending to console him.

'It's going to be me. I got you into this mess, I'll get you out,' Luhan finally spoke quietly, 'let me do this for you. Until we remove the threat, please endure this for awhile.'

Hyoyeon and Luhan exchanged a look, but she could see he wasn't going to take no for an answer, 'Ok.'

+++

It was actually not as bad a she thought.

The whole thing consisted of having a tracker placed on her phone, and her favourite pair of sneakers. She didn't even see Luhan around during class time, except for brief moments when she caught sight of his blond hair very similar to hers in a crowd, but even then she couldn't sure that it was him.

The only time she really saw him was late at night when she'd be heading home from her rehearsals and they had to pretend to enter one apartment building, but really they would follow an intricate back route through to where she actually lived.

'Here,' the quiet voice said, breaking into her thoughts.

Hyoyeon had been dancing with her ear phones through the wind tunnel, practising moves as she walked forward. She was starting to shiver because it was cold, but she intended to just dance it out.

The heavy jacket dropped onto her shoulders.

'I don't need this Luhan-sshi,' she quickly shrugged it off and moved to place it back on his shoulders, 'you're still recovering-- you shouldn't expose your arm to the cold.'

He tried to dodge her, moving smoothly around her, and she found the time to appreciate his fancy footwork, 'hey, don't play games with me,' she grinned, taking the challenge on.

They continued to practise their fancy footwork around each other, throwing in little irrelevant but impressive movements in between and Hyoyeon couldn't help but laugh. Luhan soon followed suit.

'Just put it on Hyoyeon-sshi,' he finally said when they got tired from the dancing and laughing, somehow managing to place it back on her shoulders with one arm still in a cast, 'you shouldn't catch a cold so near to your performance.'

'I-- thank you.'

They continued their walk in silence until they got to her dorm. 

'Well, good night,' Luhan said, his serious face back again, 'I'll see you some time tomorrow.'

'Okay, good night-- take care,' Hyoyeon replied.

'Thank you, Hyoyeon-sshi.'

Hyoyeon looked at him in surprise, 'What for?'

'For being there that night-- I know it would have saved you a lot of trouble if you weren't there-- but I would have been in worse condition than this if you didn't find me,' he lifted his arm gingerly.

'That's okay, I would've done it for anyone. Good night,' Hyoyeon lifted her key as if to indicate that she was about to go inside and Luhan stepped back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter