III. Hyoyeon x Lee Jong Suk - The One That Got Away

Hyoyeon's Apples [Requests closed and writing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Hyoyeon x Lee Jong Suk

Prompt: None (So I decided to follow a similar trend to Doctor Stranger which is the drama I've seen of LJS)

Requested by: pink96

 

Title: The one that got away

 

Hyoyeon liked people in general. But she disliked people who were blocking her way. Her long, wavy blonde hair in a no-nonesense ponytail and her white labcoat always looking starched and pristine, she coughed loudly.

'What are we looking at?'

'Kim paksanim,' the nursing students exclaimed, 'the new cardiologist-- he's so hot!!!'

Hyoyeon didn't try to hide her curiosity. Her one weakness was pretty boy faces, 'Show me! Show me!'

They laughed but let her through to the front of the crowd. She regretted it immediately though, because the instant hit to the gut that came from seeing a similar haircut as one she'd been so familiar with years ago still had the ability to unsettle her. 

'Kim choding!' 

Before she could even shake off the surprise, her past was suddenly in front of her, waving his hand in front of her face. 

The nursing students burst into giggles from the cute nickname, their curiosity growing when they saw their usually cheeky cardiologist turning white. 

'Lee Jong Suk-ssi,' she forced herself to be formal, and offered him her most placid smile, 'It's good to see you, you're the new cardiologist?'

'Yes I am! I jumped at the chance to come to Seoul-- it's been a long time!! Four years, how have you been?'

Thankfully the intercom saved her from the various sets of eyes that were getting more and more curious, and of course from the man himself, 'Kim Hyoyeon paksanim, your presence is required at operating room 2. Please proceed directly.'

'Sorry, I have to go. I'm sure these lovely ladies will make you feel at home,' she gestured to the nursing students who all took it as a sign to bombard Jong Suk with questions. Hyoyeon was happy to escape.

+++

Four years ago...

'Please Hyoyeon-ah, I know that he loves you, and part of him always will. But you turned him down-- you're the one who wanted to concentrate on your career.'

'I did,' Hyoyeon agreed, feeling a little bit numb.

Her best friend Yuri was the last person she could have imagined would be begging her to go away. More than anything, more than her feelings for Jong Suk, she wanted to cry for this friendship that she was about to lose. Yuri was her friend from when they were little kids-- they planned to become doctors together, making the world a better place by fighting one disease at a time-- but now that was all being ripped away...

'Please don't apply for the positions at Shinhwa General. They're only taking two and I know that if we all apply, they're going to choose you and Jonggie.'

It was true that Hyoyeon put in all her effort in her studies to be in the best position to get the best residency that could be offered... But she never even considered Shinhwa, in Busan. Hospitals in Seoul, which had partner hospitals around the globe would provide her the best training to become a cardiologist... A goal she shared with Jonggie...

'I didn't even know Jong Suk was considering Shinhwa,' was what she finally said. 

'He didn't want to but I convinced him he could be great even in a smaller city than Seoul. I don't really want to raise our baby in the big city...' Yuri touched her stomach tenderly. 

Hyoyeon nearly collapsed on the spot. 

'You're pregnant?'

'Still in the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter