Chapter 7

Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ummm… I’m… ughhh.. J-Jongin” She stuttered! OMG she stuttered! ‘What is wrong with you Kim Jongin!’


 

“I know.” Now named sparkly eyes says as he continues smiling at her.


 

Jongin bows her head in embarrassment. She has absolutely no idea on what to do or say.


 

“Hey. Do you want to sit down by the fountain?” Sparkly eyes says and Jongin is so enamoured, she doesn’t answer him.


 

“Here.” He says as he sits down and pats the seat beside him.



 

 

 



 

Jongin learns that Luhan was born in 1990, that’s about four years older and that he attends this high school on the other side of town. He is the current soccer captain for two years in a row but has no plans on being a professional athlete. He wants to do medicine and he cannot cook to save his life.


 

Jongin tells Luhan that she cannot cook too and that she is in the dance club but is now unsure on what she wants to do in the future. Luhan says its fine and that she has plenty of time to decide. She also tells him that she kinda wants to be an idol but cannot sing and Luhan says that if she practices, she can be a good singer. She then tells him that she used to want to be a flight attendant and Luhan says he’s scared of heights and Jongin mentally scratches ‘flight attendant’ on her mental list of ‘Possible things to do when I’m older’.


 

They talk about random things like their favourite colour, favourite dish and favourite drink. Luhan likes coffee and Jongin likes chocolate drinks. This then somehow leads them to argue talk about coffee shops: local vs chains.


 

“Starbucks is the best! If it wasn’t then they wouldn’t have been a global company.” Luhan says as he looks her in the eye with his sparkly eyes.


 

“No way! Local coffee shops are the best! If it wasn’t then they wouldn’t have been able to survive the competition against bigger coffee shop companies!”!” Jongin tries and the sparkles in Luhan’s eyes, sparkle even more and Jongin’s heart skips a beat.


 

With that, they decide to try out every coffee shop there is in their city. Every Saturday. Starting next week.


 

Their conversation goes on even as the sun sets behind them in pink/orange colours. They do not notice how much time has passed since they both sat down. Luhan never asked her about her strange text messages and Jongin doesn’t even wonder how Luhan knew her name.


 

Nevertheless, Jongin forgets to come home for dinner.



 

 

 



 

Luhan brings her to a nice Spanish restaurant and jokingly asks if she wants the children menu or the colouring papers with strange creatures on them.


 

Just to spite him, she says yes and they spend the entire waiting time on colouring and bantering about who is better at colour-ing (Is that even a word?). After that, they do the crossword puzzle together and races on who gets to connect the dots faster.


 

They order a lot of tapas and Jongin is unsure on what she is so happy about. Could be the food. Could be the friendly manager. Could be the dessert that is on its way to their table. Could be Luhan but Jongin doesn’t have time to think about it as she quickly takes the longest churro she could find before sparkly eyes does.


 

 

 



 

Luhan’s phone rings right after he managed to beat Jongin on taking the last churro but he was

Please log in to read the full chapter