Chapter 8

Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“What’s on your mind?” Jongin hears someone say.


 

“Hey!” Jongin hears again.


 

“Jongin!” He turns around surprised to find his sunbae and dance club friend Minseok looking at him with a frown on his face.


 

“Huh?”


 

“You look distracted.” Minseok continues.


 

“No he doesn’t!” Someone beside him replies.


 

“I won fair and square!” The voice continues as Jongin looks to his side to find Sehun who was grinning at him.


 

He looks back towards his front to find that he just lost the racing game. He stands up and nods his head to Minseok to take the wheels.


 

“Sorry hyung.” Jongin says Minseok just raises an eyebrow at him, still standing.


 

“You’ve lost 8 times Jongin. I would ask what’s wrong but you have a big smile in your face. Soooo what is in your mind that you’re distracted enough to lose to Sehun.”


 

“HEY!” Sehun shouts at the back as he races with Yixing who jumped at Jongin’s seat, seconds ago.


 

“It’s nothing hyung. I’m just happy.” Jongin says to Minseok with a smile on his face as he leans towards Sehun’s seat and reaches a hand to slightly ruffle his hair.


 

Sehun, the drama queen, completely lets go of the wheel and turns around to face Jongin with the most dramatic face he could make.


 

“Did you just pat my head?”


 

Yixing stops driving too and looks at them surprised. They’re quite touchy friends and while Jongin doesn’t mind being overly touched, he wasn’t one to initiate them. So Jongin patting Sehun’s head to show affection was a first for them.


 

“Are you dating someone?” Yixing asks, God knows how he got to that conclusion but Jongin blushes anyway as he looks at him wide-eyed.


 

“W-What? Huh? No! Why would you think that?!” Jongin replies with what he thinks is a hostile voice but he’s got his head down and his whole face is red.


 

“You’ve been smiling everyday!” Yixing says as if it’s a bad thing.


 

“You look stupid. Not that you don’t look stupid already but you look even more stupid-er!” Sehun says. Jongin still has his head down but he’s now got a noticeable pout on his lips. The rest of the three boys glance at each other and decides to all go out and get bubble tea.


 

 

 

 



 

Unfortunately, as soon as they forced got Jongin to sit down on the bench and was getting ready themselves to squeeze some information out of him, his phone rang. And they all knew that ringtone. Jongin then answers it and hopes that his mother wants him home.


 

Fortunately, she does want him home but just before he could run away Minseok holds him by his collar and looks him in the eye.


 

“Do you have a girlfriend or not?” Minseok asks, grinning.


 

“What?”


 

“C’mon Jongin, just tell us! What is the cause of your happiness?” The other two hollers at him.


 

“I’m just happy coz I got a new phone!” Jongin immediately raises his hand and shows them his new phone which is his mother’s old iPhone 4s as Joonmyeon got passed down an iPhone 5 from his husband, who bought the new iPhone 6.


 

The guys recognize the difference from his old 3GS. They still look suspicious but lets him go.


 

 

 


 

He runs as fast as he can but eventually slows down to catch his breath. His mom called to say that she just received a text from Luhan and he can’t wait to go home and tell him about his new phone that was just given to him that morning.

 

The past few days was spent with Jongin texting with Luhan at every opportunity he gets using his mother’s phone. He couldn’t wait to go home and just take her phone to talk to Luhan.


 

Please log in to read the full chapter