006

Broken Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BD - 006

 

"Perhaps our eyes need to be wash by our tears once in a while, so that we can see life with a clearer view again."

 

 

Joohyun helped her mother to prepare their breakfast on that morning. Mrs Seo was not in her best mood since last night, knowing that the older son of Oh came back, with another woman. How she wish that he would be her son in law but it would never happen in the future. The Oh already had his own fiancée and she’s a beauty too and her face, have some similarity to Joohyun in some angle. Even she was not there last night, Taeyeon has told her everything and Joohyun’s expression explained her everything too. Plus, with a strange man sent Joohyun back last night has answered her curiosity.

Joohyun’s eye bags could be seen because she didn’t get enough sleep last night, thinking about Sehun and Luhan’s matter. She’s not that cruel to let the siblings break their bond just because of her. Mr. Seo entered the dining hall with a newspaper in his grasped.

 

“Sehun still in his room? How was he? Is he fine?”

 

He asked as soon as he sat on a chair. Joohyun nodded her head and took a seat beside him.

 

“I heard him crying last night, I’m wondered what he have done to him.” Mrs. Seo spoken up from behind as she brought empty bowls to the table. She's still unsatisfied with Luhan's decision. Joohyun just pouted and shrugged her shoulder, showed that she’s also doesn’t have any idea about it.

 

“What is wrong with you today? Rat got your voice?”

 

Sarcasm could be smell from Mrs. Seo’s question when Joohyun only answered them with her body language.

 

“Ah Joohyun-ah, just now I saw a black sedan parked in front of our house. Do you have any idea who was it when you came back early in this morning?”

 

Her dad asked her and she shot him a shocked looks. Luhan! She sighed and grabbed a small thermos and poured down some hot coffee into it before bring it to the front.

 

“Where are you going? Food is ready honey.”

 

 

 

 

‘tok tok’

 

Joohyun knocked the car’s window and waited for the driver to slide down the window. She shoved the thermos in front of his gloomy face which he hasn’t get any sleep on that night because he’s waited for Sehun.

 

“Thanks.”

 

He muttered her a thank you and he smiles weakly towards her, but Joohyun quickly turned her heels from him, to get inside. But she turned to walk where his was again. She leaned forward, to get the same level with the car's window and avoided his stares.

 

“Just go home. Give him some more time.”

 

Joohyun advised the latter who started to sip the hot coffee.

 

“W-wait!”

 

Luhan hopped out from his car and leaned against it with his left hand in his pocket and the other hand was holding the thermos. Joohyun looked at him once again before leaning against the car, beside him.

 

“What?”

 

She asked him in unamused face that she’s ever show. Luhan seems lost in his deep thought before clearing his throat.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Joohyun’s heart almost stop from beating when she’s heard that. What was he’s sorry for? Sorry for breaking her heart? Or for made her waited for him? Joohyun scoffed as she playfully kick a small stone in front of her foot.

Then she gazed at the morning sky before sighing out loud, instantly teary when she’s remembered what had happen last night. She hardly gulped down her own saliva, as if the mouth wasn’t hers. She rubbed her sharp nose, scrunched it and cleared .

 

 

“What are you sorry for? For making me waited for you like a stupid , mourn for you every second of my life as if my life depends on it? You’re not sorry, Oh Luhan.”

 

 

She shook her head and turned away from looking at him. He is her weakness, every words that he’s whisper to her would be a cure, no, not a cure. All this time she drank him like a cure when eventually he’s the poison. Luhan who standing beside her was frozen at his place, gripped the thermos tightly because of him, the woman beside him suffered all these years.

 

“I-I know, you mad… But…”

 

“Just go home, Luhan-ssi. Appreciate what in front of your eyes before you lose it all in a blink of eyes. Treat her well and love her…”

 

Joohyun advised him for the last time with a bright smile of hers plastered on her face before she’s running into her house, before she’s breaking in front of him, again.

 

“It wasn’t my intention to hurt you!”

 

Luhan shouted when saw she closed the gate and she’s actually behind the gate, leaned against it while bit her back hand, prevented her from doing any sound of crying. This thing just hurt too much. Hope. Hope that gave her strength to get through her life without him. Hope made her waited for him, believe in him th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter