Mute

Listen to My Voice

Krystal was a mess. She was bent; she was something that couldn't be placed back together.

The pieces to her puzzle were still missing, lost in the vast. 

And everytime someone tries, their efforts would be flushed down the drain. 

Her crooked self would be crooked forever. 

On top of all that she couldn't talk. Not a single sound would make it passed her lips. She kept shut, her lips pressed together everytime someone tries making an attempt to talk to her.

The blonde never bothered to listen to anyone, but someone was exception. Her sister was someone she could listen to all day. 

Jessica's voice was a melody that rang through her ears. She understood the blonde, and the troubles she faced. It was amazing to Krystal, that out of all the people her sister was the one. 

Each day, a smile would appear on Krystal's face as Jessica talked to her. The kisses Jessica gave to Krystal were the best. It made her feel protected and loved. 

It was a shame how Krystal couldn't say anything back, she couldn't tell her how thankful, how happy, and how much she loved her. She could write it for her, but that wasn't enough. Krystal wanted tell her how she felt without writing about it. 

That wasn't needed anymore.

Somedays, Jessica would come back home from work angry, frustrated, and annoyed.

Krystal would write to her, what was wrong. The oldest would simply crumple up the paper throwing it across the room, leaving Krystal. 

It went on for some time, but it ended when one day when her sister didn't come home. Didn't open the door, running towards the blonde to give her a hug and kiss on the forehead. It didn't happen; the door remained closed throught the whole night, morning, afternoon, and the whole day. 

Sooner or later Krystal realized Jessica wasn't coming back. A phone call explained it all. Her uncle and aunt explaining an accident, and the next she knew was them telling that she needed to live with them. 

She was picked up and driven over to the other side of city. Every part of her body felt numb and she didn't feel any sort of pain pang her heart. 

Was it because she was already in pain?

Nobody would ever know, since didn't know herself. More importantly she began to worry; was she ever going to meet someone who understood her like Jessica? She hoped so. 

---

Her mind was out of place lately. Her aunt and uncle would plead her eat, but she refused. They would try to talk, but she ignored and turned away from them. 

She felt bad for making them worry, but she was being a burden for them. They were growing old and they ended up having to take care of this mute girl. 

Fustrated, she slipped on her converse and  ran out the door, blocking out the calls from her uncle. She kept going, going as far as possible. She trudged up the hill, losing breath. 

Krystal bent over, her hands on her knees. She panted, gasping for air. Looking around, she found the streets full, bustling with people. She stood up straight, before something hit her back. She turned around finding a orange haired girl apologizing. 

She shot the tomboy a glare, hoping she wouldn't talk to her. Krystal turned her head forward, walking away. Before she could take another step, a hand stopped her movement. 

"Don't I get at least get an 'it's okay'?" In her head, the blonde groaned. She slipped out her phone from her hoodie, quickly typing a message for the other.

The orange haired girl eyes scanned the message written in her phone. Thinking that the girl was done she began to move it away, but she snatched the phone from her hands. 

Krystal's eyes widened from the action. Trying to get her phone back, the tomboy returned it back quickly. She took the phone in her hand. Krystal's eyes looked down to her phone, reading the new message the other gave her. 

There was one word.

Deaf. 

Krystal looked back up, finding the tomboy grinning from ear to ear. 

She could've ignored the message and walked away, but she couldn't help it.

She couldn't help, but to smile back. 

It's been a long time since a smile formed along her lips. It was strange for a person she just met, could make her smile. 

"It feels like we could be great friends," the girl spoke out, with the grin still plastered on her face. 

Krystal bit her bottom lip, before typing in an answer. Her fingers hovered above the keyboard as she began to type. 

–Me too.–

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

––——

I'm really sick and I wrote this since I felt like I won't be able to write the new chapter later. So I'm sorry about the grammar mistakes. Also thanks for the subscriptions and comments. They made my day! Subscribe and comment please.