Deaf

Listen to My Voice

She brought her headphones over, letting them gently press onto to ears. She let the wires loose, hanging and dangling out of her jacket packet. It stayed connected to her phone even though she wasn't planning on listening to music. It was merely an accessory to Amber. 

The orange haired girl pulled out a pen from a holder while grabbing a piece of paper. She leaned forward against the table, writing each and every word carefully. Putting a period on the last sentence, she went for magnet on the fridge. Gently, she slid the paper underneath the magnetic piece. Smiling at her accomplishment, she quickly made a turn for the front door.

Amber sprinted out the door, closing it shut as she made her way out. She took a deep breath of fresh air, then spreading her arms out wide as if she going to give someone an enormous hug.

It's been a while since she had gone out herself. Her overprotective parents wouldn't let her step foot outside without their consent. She sighed in relief realizing how she come to point where she old enough. She let out a chuckle to herself as she remembered the time how her parents and sister babied her. Time flies by, doesn't it?

The ginger found herself walking down the street, heading over to the busiest area. She let her heels click against the cement sidewalk as she made her way down.

Her happiness cut short when the phone in her pocket vibrated repeatedly. Slipping the phone out, a message stayed plastered on the screen. She grunted, letting out an unpleasant sound. Amber stopped her track to answer the unwanted message.

Clicking away, she finished typing, quickly hitting the send button. Angrily shoving the phone back into her jacket pocket, she began to walk again.

People passed by her, completely oblivious of who she was, and Amber liked that. She didn't have people worry about her there and here. She wasn't a burdensome out here. 

She was pitied all the time. No matter what she told them, she was ignored and taken care of. It made her feel helpless, and nothing but a burdensome. She despised that.

At the sudden thought, horrible memories came which she pushed away. She tried to keep her focus on how she was lucky. Lucky how she didn't have to hear the irritating sounds, screams and shouts from random strangers, or curses thrown around. Those were a few benefits. 

Her thoughts escaped her mind as she came bumping into the blonde in front of her. The girl turned her head to side, sending a fierce glare to the tomboy. "Sorry," Amber complied to the one in front of her. The blonde turned her head to the side in one swift motion, ignoring the other's apology. She began to walk away from the ginger, not saying a single word. 

Amber reached out latching her hand onto the blonde's shoulder. "Don't I at least get an 'it's okay'?" The girl shook her head as she took out her phone. She started to type quickly, then showing a bright message written.  

–Just watch where you're going.– It said. Amber's eyebrows furrowed, before coming to her common sense. 

She was mute. 

Amber caught on pretty quickly. Her hand grabbed the blonde's phone, eagerly typing a message. The blonde stayed befuddled at the tomboy's sudden actions. 

The ginger shoved the phone in front of the blonde's face, taking her aback. She took the phone in her hand, carefully reading the message printed on phone. 

There was only one word. 

Deaf. 

The blonde looked back up from her phone finding the other girl grinning from ear to ear. 

She couldn't help, but to smile back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Here's the first chapter. It's kind of short, sorry, but hope you like it. I'll try to update once a week. Also thanks for the subscriptions.

Comment and subscribe please.