Saturday pt. 1

Listen to My Voice

Krystal woke up to the sound of the rain pattering against her window. The bed creaking underneath her as she shifted to the side. A groan escaping her lips, a heaved sigh following after. Her hands reached for her iPhone that sat on her desk, shaking at the vibration.

Today was Saturday. 

Fingers laced around the thin device, dropping it onto the bed. The phone repeatedly shook, her alarm ringing to awake her for the morning. She unlocked it, sliding it to the side stopping the vibration. A sigh of relief left her, before she plopped back down. Body curling up in the sheets, away from the seething cold. Her eyelids dropped back down, drifting away into slumber again. 

But a knock came from her door, echoing in her ears. 

"Soojung?" A voice called out, in harsh whisper, low and quiet. 

Krystal managed to crack her eyes open. A blurry figure standing by the door frame. Eyes shot open, her breath fratically slowing down at the sight. Her heart beat increasing at the moment, immediately sitting up. 

Jessica 

For a second she saw Jessica. 

She was so sure of it. 

The light silky brown hair, a sharp gaze in her eyes, and the heart wrenching smile. The thought about it sent a burning flame down , words inconsistent. 

"Soojung? Are you okay?" Her aunt whispered out, worry filling her eyes. 

Krystal assured her with a smile, nodding. 

"Soojung, I'm really worried about you. You basically stopped eating, your body's getting slimmer by the day. There are immense dark circles under your eyes, and you barely come out your room, so how can you tell me you are okay?" 

She bit her lip, her eyes adverting to the other side of the blank wall. Krystal wanted to desperately scream, letting the words burning in ascend. Each time she tried to say it, the sentence dropped back down, clawing against her. 

Nothing. 

As if it was nothing. 

Every night she found herself curled up in her bed, sheets thrown aside. Her body flipping from one side to another, teeth gritted together. Face in her palms, multiple sighs leaving her lips. Her phone seemed to be always there in her hands, the blinding light in her eyes as she clicked it open. The shades drawn together, lights flicked off to let only the moon's shine in.

She was living in a cave of unnesscary thoughts, mind aching emotions, waves of never ending feelings. A searing pain of flames set on her heart, a ripping of her chest, and immense bruise left in there. Every close of her eyes, faces appear. 

A blur of chestnut brown hair–

–and light warm orange color. 

How long has it been? How much longer was she going to hide? When are the rash memories going to stop appearing? When are the desperate cries for help going to stop? 

She doesn't know. 

Somedays she would wake up to the sight of her sister. Captivating and breaking Krystal back down. It was a haze, her mind unfocused. She would reach out just to grab Jessica's hand one more time, but to only find it disappear once again. A quiet whimper would escape her lips, a crash of uncertainty enveloping her. 

She was scared. 

She was scared of caring and loving someone deeply again. The ones that meant the most, slipping through fingers once again. Withering away into the dark corner, becoming none less a memory. A little tease to get her heart shattered. It was as if God was playing with her; a thing with strings. 

"Soojung?"

Krystal snapped her head up, cracking a small smile. 

"Get ready for your appointment, okay?" Her aunt left, closing the door with a click. Krystal's fingers skimmed through her blonde hair, trailing along her scalp. With a heaving sigh, she pushed herself off, dragging herself to the bathroom. 

A large maroon hoodie, a pair of blue skinny jeans and vans she picked out. Frown stitching its way over to her lips as she slipped out of her shirt into a new one. Prying her legs into the tight piece of clothing they call jeans, and tying her respective shoelaces that came with her vans. Taking a quick at the mirror she snatched her iPhone, making her way out her bedroom. 

Not wanting to leave, her hand stayed firmly grasped on her doorknob, fingers laced around tightly. Lips pursed, she took a deep breath, exhaling. She let go. The door shut closed, and her legs seemed to go on its own. Krystal took light steps down the hard wood stairs, watching the elderly couple wait for her. 

"Ready?"

She nodded, opening the front door. Her body meeting fall air. The crisp cold wind against her face and the rain falling against her. Light drizzle of water sprayed across her head, not bothering to run back in for an umbrella. She opened the car door, sitting in the back as her aunt and uncle were in the front. 
-

-

-

-

-

"The injury she had at the beginning of her early years seems to be healing. As you two know the part of her brain that allows speech and the function of speaking was damaged due to her accident. Her brain seems to be catching up on speaking from today's tests." The doctor, Mr. Choi explained, his eyes glued on Krystal.

The old couple both sighed, a warming sense relief in them. 

"But–"

Her aunt held in her breath, anxious of the his answer. 

"–Soojung may not be destined to recover all her ability of speaking. She needs to get used to talking more than using her device since that has become a habit of hers. And sometimes she might not be able to produce a voice at times, not always. Her speech will be slower than others. So it will take some time."

"But it's possible she'll fully recover, right?" The old uncle intruded, fingers tapping on the doctor's desk. 

Mr. Choi looked over at the blonde who repeatedly fiddled around with her fingers. Krystal, who had kept butting her bottom lip just enough to taste copper. 

"Yes."

They began to leave the office, before Krystal stopped to turn. Her body twisting and urging to return back to the doctor. She quickly ran over to the tall man, leaning over his desk. A question running through her head. 

"M-Mr. Choi...are you...by any chance related to...Sulli Choi?" 

A light chuckle left his lips, raising his brow, "I am, why?"

"I...want to talk about getting a donor for...Sulli." 

 

 

 

 

---
Thank you so much for the 100+ subscribers. That amazed me and thanks for all the comments too. I just got a break this week, but it'll be another hectic schedule next week. I'll update asap. 

See ya.