Her

Listen to My Voice


"Victoria." 


Her eyes seemed to be the most captivating. It glistened under the starry night, sending sparks. The glorious smile she had on, brought others biting their lip. Her jet black hair reaching above her waist, and red lips that got stomachs doing flips.


Amber had no control whether to be attracted to her. 


It was impossible to peel your eyes off her. 


She was only visiting. A short vacation here in America, the state of California. Weeks before, her parents mentioning the Chinese girl's name to stay here for a while to experience a different culture. Staying at the 
guest room, smiles that'll make her skyrocket. 


This wasn't good. 


The foreign girl slid a hand over Amber's shoulder. Another smile playing on her lips, showing her white pearly teeth. Amber's heart beating twice the time it was before, breath faltering at high speed. She felt heat rising, creating a pink tint; a blush. Victoria stepped in the house, letting the tomboy stumble back as the door closed shut. The hand on her shoulder dropped, giving her a small wave. 


And somewhat, Amber could make out the 
words Victoria spoke of. 


"Hi, Amber." 


"Hi to you too."


Amber ferociously chewed the side of her cheek, before taking the older girl's hand. "Let's go."


Victoria pulled along her luggage, her boots clicking on the polished wooden floor. Her fingers still laced around the tomboy's, while they arrived at the dining room. 


Mrs Liu and Jackie shot up from their seats to greet the fellow visitor, Victoria. Their happy cheers were big blob of murmurs in Amber's ears. 

Sounds. 


Messed up vocals, thumping noises, and strange echoing filling up her ear. It was yet she could almost hear the voices calling out to her, but becoming distant at the next second.


It's been happening a lot the past few days. 


And Amber couldn't handle it. 


She would try so hard to pretend it was 
nothing. 


But it was something. 


Repeatedly, the ginger rubbed her bothersome ears, trying to get rid of the murmuring. The sounds were low, bellowing. It would send a slight sting every so often. 


"Amber!"


Startled at the sudden impact of a hand meeting the back of the head, Amber turned to face her sister. "What?!"


With an annoyed look, Jackie lifted her phone revealing a bright screen. 


–Lead Victoria to the guest room–


The ginger's eyebrows creased, lips dropping downward. "Why do I have to?"


–Just do it–


The chair slid back, her body lifted up. Amber brushed her light orange hair to the side, letting out a heavy breath. A nervous swirl going about in her stomach, eyes glancing up once in a while, and her steps slow on the stairs. She was practically dragging her body, with endless thinking of Victoria. The luggage wrapped in her arms, being hauled up each step. 


"Thanks." And a little peck on the side of cheek. The red lipstick blending in with the tint of her blushing cheek. A smirk, a little laugh and she left Amber just like that. Leaving the tomboy flustered at the little touch of her lips. Victoria strolled in, hand on the handle of the door, blowing a kiss. 


Then the guest room shut tight, a light click in the hallway. Amber's shaking hand making its way up to her left cheek. She gritted her teeth, jaw clenched while she furiously rubbed the mark off. Smudge of red spread across the palm of her hand and the side of her face. Heat, scorching burning her face, a deeper shade of blush creeping its way up. Her ears having the feeling of drums pounding against her ears, but were only the loud beatings of her heart. Amber stayed standing in the middle of the hallway, body still facing the room. 


And for once she had forgotten about Krystal.