Blind

Listen to My Voice

Was she really helpless?

No, Sulli never thought of her being helpless. She always had that smile form along her lips, everywhere she went. 

Nobody would understand why she was so cheerful all time. 

Haven't she realized the horrifying things happening out in the world. The answer was no. 

She didn't have time to worry, she didn't have have time to listen to the sarcastic comments people left, and she didn't have time to listen about the foolish acts people did. 

But she did have the time to talk to people about the fascinating things she've heard. It was one of things she loved to do. It was talking to others about her day. 

She could go on for days; no months, talking about all things she experienced. 

But lately she stopped taking, saying few phrases or words. It became harder for her to explain what she felt without getting pitied apologies. She was completly annoyed. 

Her brother on the other hand, would talk to her instead. He would tell her stories, funny jokes, and the people he met throughout his day. Sulli enjoyed every moment of it. 

Sulli stayed seated on a stool right next to kitchen counter. Her fingers played around with the legs of her sunglasses, before she carefully slid them on. 

She could hear her brother pace back and forth in the kitchen, rapidly. He wasn't there to tell her anything today. 

Why?

"What are you doing?" Sulli asked her brother, who stopped midway at the sound of her voice.

"Getting everything ready for the guests coming over tonight for dinner." 

"Guests?" 

"Yea, mom and dad invited them over," he replied as he grabbed the untensils for dinner. 

"Why. I don't want to meet them," Sulli bluntly stated out. 

"Hey, don't be upset, I heard they had someone else who's the same age as you." 

"Ugh, that's even worse," she groaned out. 

"I heard that she was mute though," he muttered, before leaving the kitchen. 

"Mute?" She silently questioned herself. How was she supposed to communicate with someone that was mute. It would never work out. She let out another groan, but her brother replied with a chuckle. 

"I don't see why that's so bad?" 

"Don't you get it," Sulli explained, "how do you expect a blind girl to communicate with a mute girl." 

Her brother came up to her, ruffling her hair," I know you'll come up with a way." Sulli let out an annoyed huff. 

"You always have a solution Sulli, you always do." 

--

The guests had soon arrived. Sulli heard their footsteps as they each entered the house. She gave out sighs as they entered. 

She honestly didn't want them here. 

Sulli didn't even didn't even bother to stand up and bow her respect to the elders. She stayed seated with her sunglasses perched on her nose. 

"Sulli, they're here," her dad spoke out as he walked into the dining room. 

"I know dad," Sulli muttered out under her breath. Her dad stuck out his hand and gently grabbed Sulli's arm, leading her over to the table. She reached out grabbing the chair, and carefully sitting down after. 

As she was seated, the adults were busy with their own conversations, she could feel the presence of the other girl. 

"So, what's your name?" Sulli waited for an answer, but it never came. 

Who was she kidding, how did she expect the girl to respond. The girl was mute. She couldn't possibly respond to her. 

Sulli kept her head down as if she was interested in the floor. It was quiet for awhile between the two, before the mute girl touched Sulli's hand. 

Her breath hitched as the other's hand was holding hers. 

Sulli could feel the other girl's finger tracing over her palm. 

She was writing letters. 

Sulli made out the words. K, r, y, s, t, a, and l.  

Krystal. 

"Krystal," Sulli whispered. "Krystal." She repeated the name again. 

The so called girl, Krystal began to trace more letters on to her palm. Sooner or later, they were having a full on conversation. 

It was so strange. It was strange how completely two different people can suddenly understand each other on the first day they meet. 

Sulli loved this feeling. 

The feeling of as if her stomach was filled with butterflies, her lips curving up to smile, and the way heart would beat faster at each touch. 

They were so into each other that haven't realized time had already flown by. The adults had cleaned up and gotten ready to go. 

They called for her, Krystal. 

Sulli felt the soft pair of hands let go of hers.

Before she could leave, Sulli grabbed Krystal's wrist. 

She whispered out a brief phrase, only she and her could hear. 

"Blind." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

I kind of rushed this chapter, sorry about that.  I really wanted to write this chapter because I miss Sulli. I hope you liked it. (Ignore all the grammar mistakes. Sorry again.) thanks for the subscriptions and comments. 

Subscribe and Comment.