How to Respond

Things Left Unsaid

With the start of the fall and EXO preparing for their winter comeback I had a slight lull in my duties. I was able to focus more on school than on them. My fall classes being in the morning and my internship now taking place at night changed a few things. I started spending less time at SMe and more time in my classes, the days I actually saw Sehun became less and made me distant again. It wasn’t something I was conscious of, but it later became an undeniable fact, Sehun brought out my willingness to socialize.

 

“Are you going to be around more once we start promoting?” Sehun asks curiously as we meet for a random coffee date, him bringing coffee to me. I glance over at Sehun and nod my head. Closing my book that I had been reading I let out a relieved sigh. “You look tired.” He murmurs quietly.

“Late nights and early mornings, I’ll get used to it.” I say dismissing the worry easily. “You look pretty well rested.” I muse sipping the warm liquid happily.

“We’re mostly just practicing, I don’t have crazy schedules.” Sehun says simply. “Not that you don’t know that.” He says smirking at me. “You’re not taking care of yourself.”

“I’m still getting the hang of switching my schedules all the time.” I admit feeling the fatigue of the last week getting to me. “I have more classes that I take during the school year.” I tell him simply.

“Miyoung, you’re pushing yourself.” Sehun argues worriedly. “Do you have class tomorrow?” Sehun asks suddenly.

“No, and Minah says she doesn’t need me to come in tomorrow, something about her and Solbi having things to discuss about schedules.” I say while shrugging my shoulders. I narrow my eyes at Sehun as he is now nodding his head rather pleased. “Why do you ask?”

“Tomorrow I’m taking you to get a haircut, you’re starting to get a bit unruly, and then for the rest of the day you and I are going to relax.” Sehun declares rather happily. “No getting out of this. Miyoung, you need to spend a day not worrying about classes and not having to work.”

I’d try to argue my way out of it, but it actually sounds like fun, aside from the going out to get a haircut. “Fine, but you have to promise me that this isn’t going to turn into some crazy experience.” I say silently hating that I can’t just out right say that I’m glad Sehun worries about me.

“No, but if you get lazy about things like this, it will become a usual occurrence.” Sehun say mocking me.

I shake my head at the boy. “Speaking of hair, I liked you better with the blonde hair.” I say pouting slightly. “I hope you get to be blonde again.”

“What’s wrong with my hair now?” He questions frowning as he begins to fidget with it. “You do realize my hair is naturally dark, right?” Sehun says almost defensively.

I chuckle smiling over at the boy sitting on the other side of my couch, sitting comfortably in a pair of jeans and a plain blue shirt. “Nothing, the blonde hair just really suited you.” I say simply. “Besides I did really love how your rainbow hair turned out.”

Sehun pouts slightly. “Are you teasing me?”

I shake my head again. “No, I think it’s actually called praising.” I correct him jokingly. Sehun eyes me as he continues to drink his warm beverage. “You’re cute when you pout.”

“Yah, don’t call me cute.” Sehun whines, a frown and slight pout very evident on his face. “I’m a man, and I’m fairly certain that the cute one in this relationship is you.”

I giggle as I set my coffee down on the table. Scooting closer to Sehun causes him to set the coffee down as well, I rub my nose against his. “You’re really cute though.” I mumble playfully.

“And you’re extremely tempting still.” He says in low voice, Sehun wraps his arms around me pulling me to fall against him. “You can’t be like this in front of anyone but me.” He demands childishly as he leans down to kiss me.

I can’t do anything other than agree, after all who would I be like with otherwise? I nearly freeze and pull away from Sehun as I think this. Since when did Sehun and I become this close? When did I begin to think this way? What started us off on this in the first place? Is it even okay to be like this? What happens when it gets time to actually tell the others that Sehun and I are dating? What happens then, do I even care at this point what happens?

~~~

On our way back from the salon I mess with the ends of my new bangs, I glance at Sehun to see him smiling at me. “You think it looks good?” I question him for probably the umpteenth time.

“I do, it suits you.” Sehun says simply as I continue to wonder if this was really a good idea, to let Sehun decide how I get my hair cut. “Do you not like it?” He asks worriedly.

“No, I just, I haven’t had bangs in years.” I answer simply, while I do like my new bangs, I wasn’t sure if I could pull them off. “It’s just kind of strange to have them again.”

Sehun chuckles, I like the happy look on his face. “They make you look younger.”

“When you wear your hair down like this you look friendlier.” I tell Sehun as I tilt my head slightly. “Maybe it’s the length.” I wonder aloud.

Sehun smiles at me all the same as we enter the lobby to my apartment complex. “I’ll have to remember that.” Sehun muses quietly as we enter the elevator. Once inside Sehun takes my hand, I relax and lean against him. “I like when you do that.”

“I like when I can.” I confess out loud. “It’s not very often.” I say pouting slightly. I don’t say anything again until Sehun and I are safely in my apartment. “We’ll tell the others eventually, right?” I ask confirming something that makes me nervous.

“I’d like to, but not until you’re ready.” Sehun says simply as we shed off our winter coats. “It’d be nice to tell them that I’m spending the day with you, rather than just that I’m going out.” He says while shaking his head. “Suho and Lay hyung asked if we’re still seeing each other.”

“Because how little we get to actually physically see each other?” I ask as we settle on my couch. “What did you tell them?” I ask curiously.

“That we are, things are just a bit difficult with conflicting schedules.” Sehun says, sighing as he takes my hand in his. “You’re tiny.”

“You’re just outrageously tall.” I say frowning, “Actually Kris is outrageously tall.” I say while shaking my head. “You’re still growing too.” I mumble while shaking my head.

“Kai and I both are,” Sehun says passively. “Minah keeps complaining when she has to fix our clothes.” He says rather amusedly now. “Noona is really good at her job.”

“I agree, she’s taught me a lot.” I say feeling kinda amazed that I know as much as I do about clothes and other things I once considered to be quite trivial. “She’ll probably have a fit when she sees my hair.”

Sehun chuckles and leans against me rather comfortably. “Miyoung, everyone will. I’m not sure this was a good idea. Guys are going to try flirting with you even more now.”

“Good thing that I won’t notice.”

Sehun shakes his head, but he does let out a rather relieved sigh. “You hardly notice when I flirt with you.”

“Maybe it’s I’m not sure how to flirt back.” I admit quietly. “This is still relatively new to me.”

Sehun kisses the side of my head rather affectionately. “It’s one of the things that I find very endearing.”

I avoid looking at Sehun, once again unsure how to respond to Sehun. Times like this happen fairly often where I’m not sure what I should say to Sehun, how to respond to him?


For those who do celebrate,
Happy Fourth of July!