The First Confession

Things Left Unsaid

Over the next few weeks Sehun would alternate between different sides. The one where he was curious about me, the one where he’d tease me, bully me or the one where he was extremely nice to me. The latter one only happening for short and small bursts, and when I really need someone, Sehun unknowingly to me became a friend that I could rely on.

 

“You know what really ?” A girl says. I’m fairly certain it’s the girl I’d argued with the first day of orientation. “That plain and boring girl gets to spend all that time with EXO, like how is that fair? I thought we’d get to choose what groups we intern under.” She complains in a rather exasperated tone. “The time with them is probably wasted on her, a wasted opportunity. She didn’t even want to be in this department.” She continues on angrily.

“I rather have Miyoung than someone who is lazy.” I hear Sehun’s voice suddenly sounding a bit harsh, angry even.

I take this as my cue to leave; I turn around to see Bomi fuming. “It is fine, it doesn’t really bother me.” I tell her trying to get her to not do what Sehun is. “Really, Bomi, it’s okay.” I tell her in what I’m hoping is a soothing voice.

“No it is not.” She says walking pass me and entering the room. I let out a sigh, Bomi is protective over me, much more so than I find necessary, but not a bother either. Minah and Solbi were right; I get along extremely well with Bomi, our personalities being two sides of a coin though. My cool and calm persona that I have, at least according to the three girls, and then Bomi’s haughty and fiery personality are complete opposites. “Yah,” She says worked up already. “Shouldn’t you be with your mentor or at the very least be doing something productive instead of gossiping?” She asks in a very authoritative tone. With that she turns her attention on Sehun. “Minah and Miyoung are looking for you, some final fittings before the show.” She says addressing Sehun calmly. “Miyoung was looking for you.”

I enter the room and ignore the girls gossiping, I instead focus on Sehun. “Minah wants to get one final fitting.” I tell him as I wait for him to follow me.

Sehun walks ahead of me out of the room, his temper still fuming it would seem; Bomi on the other hand stays to talk to the other girls. I feel Sehun grip my arm with his hand. “I can’t stand people like that.” He mutters angrily. Instead of me leading him back to Minah Sehun walks with me behind him, barely able to keep up with him to the empty practice room.

“You’re supposed to be getting your final fitting.” I tell Sehun while frowning.

He sends me his own frown. “How the hell can you be so calm all the time?” Sehun asks me angrily. “How can you be calm when people who are supposed to be your coworkers gossip about you like that? Why don’t you get angry or even a little irritated?! How don’t you feel anything Miyoung?”

I blink a couple times before I can form a reply, which Sehun is obviously waiting for. “I don’t care about their opinions. They’re the same ones I’ve had to deal with since I moved here.” I tell him simply as I shrug my shoulders. “Besides I doubt that situation needed anymore anger than what you and Bomi already gave to it.” I tell him as I turn to leave. “Now can we please get you to your final fitting?” I ask Sehun calmly.

“I’ve gotten into trouble for defending you.” Sehun says calmly. I turn around and give him a questioning look. “I don’t like it when people try to bully you, when they talk bad about you.”

“You shouldn’t do that.” I tell him quietly. “I don’t want to cause your problems like that.” I say frowning, not at all liking the unpleasant feeling I get when I imagine Sehun getting in trouble for defending me.

Sehun lets out a long sigh before walking out of the room, as he passes me Sehun says something that surprises me. “It’s what you do when you like someone the way that I like you.”

Sehun stops short of leaving the room completely and glances back at me. “You know I’m not really emotional.” I tell him with a frown, I hold back on all the words I’d like to tell him.

Sehun nods his head and smirks at me. “I think I have enough between the both of us.” He says entering the room and closing the door behind him. Leaning against the wall Sehun watches me. “Miyoung, I’ll definitely get you to say all the things you never seem to say aloud.”

“What kind of declaration is that?” I ask frowning, this whole situation seeming strange to me.

Sehun rather casually gets off the wall and walks over to me. Sehun stands very close to me and smiles. “The kind you make when you want someone to like you back in the same kind of way I like you.” He says simply. Sehun leans down and pecks me lips before leaving the room. “Come on, Minah is probably wants to get this fitting done with.”

I watch Sehun stunned by what had just happened, from his confession to the kiss. Instead of saying anything I nod my head and leave behind Sehun.

“You’re not angry right?” Sehun asks quietly in a very unsure tone. I shake my head “Shocked then?” He asks again.

“Yes.” I answer simply as I try not to think about how it feels to have Sehun confess to someone like me. “You kinda surprised me with all of that.” I tell him quietly.

“In a bad kind of way or good?” Sehun presses.

I think about it a moment. “Good.” I say letting the truth come out.


Short updat, I'll have a longer chapter for next time!
Enjoy my ducks.