The First Bit of Advice

Things Left Unsaid

This continued on for a few weeks, Sehun and I seeing each other alone. It started out as Sehun simply keeping me company while I did any classwork or summer reading before we got started, it evolved into me waiting around afterwards during their practice, and then to watching him practice when the others had left. We’d go out to eat together; I’d spend my free days with Sehun. I’d gone from never caring what others thought of me to caring what Sehun thought of me.

 

I set my book down and glance at Sehun curiously, “Something bothering you?” Sehun asks from his spot on the couch in EXO’s practice room. “Miyoung?” He asks softly.

“What do you think of me exactly?” I ask while tilting my head in confusion. “How can you come in a couple hours early to just sit on the couch and watch me?” I question while letting out a sigh.

Sehun sports an amused almost teasing smirk at my questions. “I told you already, I like spending time with you.” Sehun says answering the latter. “As for what I think of you,” He says smiling this time as he watches me fidget slightly. “You’ve honest, real, while sometimes it’s easy to tell what exactly you’re thinking, other times it’s nearly impossible. Miyoung I think you’re very intelligent, fun to talk to when you indulge in conversation, I think you’re extremely pretty, and I think that maybe I like you a bit too much.” He says softly and rather smoothly. “I’m curious, what do you think of me?” He counters a teasing smirk back on his face.

I frown as he finishes, the words make me nervous. How can he so easily just lay out his thoughts like that, something so personal? “I think you’re teasing, a bit mean sometimes, but then you’re really nice other times.” I say slowly. “You’re confusing and annoying, you’re interesting, but then you’re arrogant.” I say frowning. “But I think I like that about you anyways.”

“You almost confessed to me.” Sehun says grinning rather happily. “I’m going to have to take that for now.” He says gleefully as I simply roll my eyes. I understand the importance of words and communicating my feelings, but I’m afraid of what happens when I do finally say that I like this idiot.

“You’re both here early, as usual.” Bomi says with a yawn as Solbi and Minah follow in behind her. “What are you doing here so early Sehun?” She questions as she sets her bag down. I take this as my cue to gather up my book and school things, time to start work.

“I was practicing the dance for Growl.” Sehun says simply with a yawn. “But Miyoung-sshi reading made me tired.” He answers playfully as gets up; Sehun walks over to the mirror and stretches like he had been when I came in.

Minah takes her seat next to me as the rest of the boys come in. “He’s particularly attached to you.” She says watching him warm up, Jongin joining him. “It’s kinda cute.” I simply nod my head unsure what to say. “It’s okay to be particularity attached to him too.” She adds on quietly.

“I’m not sure if I am or not.” I say as I follow his movements, Sehun is very fluid and graceful.

Minah chuckles, “Miyoung, that’s half the battle.”

I glance over at my mentor unsure of this statement, but I nod my head regardless. I follow Minah out as she nods for me to follow her, Bomi and Solbi exit behind us talking about costume designs they’d like to use. “Did you get my e-mail about my school schedule?” I ask as I follow behind Minah who is humming happily.

“I did, you’re going to be busy, are you sure you’ll be able to keep up with your school work?” She asks me worriedly. “If you need any time off just let me know and we can work around with your hours.” Minah says turning around to look at me.

“I should be fine.” I tell reassure Minah, much like I do my mother. I give her a genuine smile as she sighs in a sort of relieved way, and mutters something under her breath. “Unnie, you’re looking at me weird.”

“You’re just too cute.” Minah responds cutely, I shake my head slightly as I realize we’re heading to pick up some of the new stage costumes. “They’re kinda going overboard with this concept type.” I say glancing at the school uniforms, all in various stages of nice-ness.

“It helps bring out their charm.” Bomi says, as I glance at her I see her rolling her eyes. “I’m with Miyoung on this Solbi.” She says cheekily as she takes three costumes.

“Here, take Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun’s.” Minah says handing me three costumes. “Then their clothes for interview they have scheduled for today.” She adds on handing me another set of clothes. “Stage and then interview after,” Minah mutters to herself as she leads the way out. I follow behind quickly as Minah is practically sprinting back to the practice room.

 

~~~

 

Sehun as usual gets ready last, having me straightening his clothes out before he heads over with the rest of the guys. “Don’t let that guy over there talk to you.” Sehun mutters darkly. “I don’t like how he looks at you.”

“I only talk to Bomi, Minah, and Solbi.” I point out. “I hate new people, remember?” I say quietly. Sehun is smirking when I look up from tugging his shirt to fall correctly. “What?” I ask while frowning.

“You just reassured me.” He says smiling down at me. “Miyoung, I’m growing on you.”

I roll my eyes as I fight the blush off. “Of course you are.” I mutter quietly as I finish up.

Sehun’s smile seems even more radiate as he joins Jongin and Tao, both discussing something rather serious as he joins.

“He looks oddly vividly happy.” Bomi comments as she stands next to me. “What were you two whispering about?”

I glance at her and shrug my shoulders. “He’s being his usual self.” I answer as I roll my eyes at the quick glance he sends me. “Cocky, arrogant, you know Oh Sehun.” I say as I face away from him and head over towards Minah.

“Photo shoots after this,” Minah says as Bomi and I join her and Solbi. “They three of them look good.” Minah says nodding over to the boys as they get settled in their spots for the interview. “You’re pretty good at this, are you sure this is your first time in the Coordinator’s Department?” She teases as I glance over at Chanyeol, Jongin and letting my eyes linger on a smiley Sehun.

“Positive.” I answer facing away as Sehun smirks just slightly when he sees me looking. “I’m not sure how long I’d have lasted without you three.” I say while sighing. Sehun definitely tests me.

“I think you’d have done just fine.” Solbi says chuckling. “Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun seem to like you.”

“Sehun can be a bit difficult,” I answer in rebuttal. “He likes to do it on purpose.”

Minah smiles at me. “It’s what boys do when they’re around pretty girls.” I opt to ignore the statement as I let out a heavy sigh. “You have time to read some of your book; they won’t have a break for a while.” Minah says when I don’t respond to her tease.

I walk towards the back of the room, picking my book out of my bag, I lean against the back wall out of the way as I begin reading. I notice Bomi following behind me and leaning back beside me. “I know he likes you.” She says quietly. “It’s cute, the way he follows you around.”

“I’m not sure I know what you’re talking about.” I say as I keep my eyes focused on my book, reading the words on the page, but unable to really process what I’m reading.

Bomi lets out an amused sigh. “Well, I think you do, and I’m just saying that when the time comes, just come clean about it, okay?” She says softly. “It’ll be the right thing to do.” She says softly as I glance over at her. “I promise.”

I stare at her a moment before I look back at my book, I heard the words, but I can’t understand what she means, come clean about what?


Enjoy everyone~!