Can We At Least Be Friends?

UGLY [Hiatus]

I watched in horror as Sandara walked away while sipping her drink.(sorry way to ruin the moment but I just had to put that there) It took me guts to confess to her, yet she didn't even give me a chance. But at the same time...She didn't completely reject me. Just like how I gave her reasons on why I love her and why she can trust me, she only gave me reasons for why I wouldn't date her and how she can't trust me. It's not entirely a good thing, but it's not entirely a bad thing either.

I sighed, and stood up. I brushed the dirt off me and determinedly looked in the direction Sandara left. She can push me around all she wants, she can give me ten thousand reason as to why I wouldn't want to date her, but I won't give up. I'll keep trying until I make her mine, or until I stop likin-loving her. But I highly doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

I sat down on the bench and took my drink that was melting under the hot sun. I sat in wonder, all the while drinking my boba. Damn that was some good boba. 

My mind wandered off to my confession again, and how Sandara left me. I wonder where she went...? OH right, she probably went to go get her stuff since that was what she was gonna do before I stopped her. Wait. Stuff... MY STUFF. .

0_0

.

I finished up what was left of my drink(there wasn't much left) and threw it away and Sprinted back to school. I arrived at the gates and checked the time. Just about a minute before class ends. Perfect, I don't have to make up and excuse as to why I was gone. 

I went into where I thought my backpack would be only to find the remainder of students still packing up and my empty seat. Where. Did. My. Backpack. Go. I went on a search(for like 5 minutes) and gave up when I couldn't find it.

"Looking for this?" I turned around to the source of the voice and found Yongjoo or whatever her name is holding my backpack with Seunghyun. They both gave me a taunting look and I didn't like it. I slowly nodded.

"Why do you have it?" I reached for it but she took it out of my reach. Wait. She's the poor girl. Doesn't she have to work?

"Wait, don't you have to go to work? You know, since you're poor?" She scoffed in response.

"I have the night shift you . No wonder Sandara rejected your poor , you're such a sad little creature." Ouch, that hurt. My head slowly turned to an unamused Seunghyun. I nodded towards him.

"Why are you here? No no, more like what's with the face? Both of you? Tell me what's going on." They both seemed to internally roll their eyes. Only Seunghyun scoffed.

"Tell you what's going on? I think that's something we have to ask. What did you tell Sandara that suddenly made her the way she is now?" The girl questioned me. I looked at them puzzled.

"What did I do to Sandara?" Once again, they seemed to marvel at my 'stupidness'. Ok, I'm not that smart. But I'm also not entirely stupid ok? Ok no I can totally sense you rolling your eyes at me and giving me sarcastic attitude. 

Ehem. Going back to the story(hehe just kinda wanted Jiyong to give attitude to the reader)

"You're so stupid... Even more stupid than Seunghyun over here." Joonhye(?) nodded her head towards Seunghyun, and he responded with a glare. I would've laughed if they weren't pissed off at me at the moment.

"You know what, whatever. I'm leaving, you can keep my stuff, burn it, whatever you want to do with it, cus I can always buy new supplies and a new backpack, unlike you. You're too poor to buy anything, I bet Sandara pays for a lot of your things." I smirked and left without turning back. Oh how I wanted to stay to see their shocked and hurt expressions but geez that would ruin the fun.

My slow walk away from school gradually turned into a fast sprint towards Namyangju. My smirk slowly turned into a sob, the streets turning blurry from the inevitable tears. I stopped in front of the little village, giving off a comfortable 'home' vibe. I tried to find somewhere to sit, but because of my tears, I couldn't find any, so I just squatted down cried more. I covered my face so no one would know who I was. I continued to cry, without caring about the many weird looks I might be recieving. However the path was lifeless, except for my pitiful weeping self. Did I just sit and cry on the ground? No, I started questioning in between sobs.

"Why won't you trust me?"

"Why don't you believe me?"

"Is that what others think about me?"

"Can't you just give me a chance?"

"How can you just leave so coldly like that?"

I kept saying things like that, even though I knew no one will answer it. I cried myself out until I had no more tears left, and I was exhausted from the energy I wasted crying. It was sunset and my phone was out of battery, and I knew no one here. I didn't want to get caught using the bus or subway, and I was too tired to call for a taxi from the streets. So I just walked aimlessly, tired as . Eventually, I got lost in a street rarely used. I collapsed.

"Is this the end for me?" I whispered as I shivered in the cold night. Funny how such a hot day can bring such a nippy night. After all, I was still only wearing my school uniform. Knowing that I shouldn't just lie down on a street of nothingness, I got up, and continued to trudge towards where I hoped life would be.

I don't know when it happened, I don't remember where I ended up, or how I got there, but I woke up in a hospital. I looked around and got up.

"What the happened?" I mumbled while holding my scalp. God, I had the worst headache. Is this what a hangover feels like? did I drink last night? What made me do so? Oh wait, I remember confessing to Sandara, getting rejected, talking to her friend and Seunghyun, and running away. I remember crying... did I cry in a bar?

"You're awake." I turned to the unfamiliar voice. I found an unfamiliar face looking at down at me."

"Who are you? What happened? Why am I here?" My tone came out harsher than I wanted it to, but I couldn't do anything about it. I was confused, I didn't know where I was(well, I mean town/city wise), and I didn't know how I got here. You can't blame me.

"You're welcome for saving your life. Do you not remember what happened last night?" I looked at the young woman, confused. I didn't respond.

"You were walking around during the middle of the night in an empty street. I happened to be driving by when you walked towards my car. I stopped before I hit you but when I got out of the car, you were lying a foot away from my car. You fainted, so naturally, I called the ambulance. You weren't drunk, you were completely sane, but you did seem really tired. You didn't smell the slightest bit like alcohol, and it would've been a problem if you did since you obviously are undreage." 

I looked at the woman in astonishment. I didn't know how to reply, when my head started to hurt a lot more than it already did. Before I knew it, everything turned black and the last thing I felt was my head hitting the stiff hospital pillow.

Narrator POV-

Jiyong fainted again and the young woman quickly called the doctors. She explained what happened, and watched you in pity through the window of the door; she had been pushed out of the room when the doctors came. She shook her head, and gave you one last look.

"And you kept mumbling 'Sandara, can't we at least be friends?'"


 

 

 

A/N

bad chapter, bad ending, bad storyline, bad author, I know. At least I'm updating more often then I used to. I was originally gonna make Jiyong talk to Sandara again, but I decided against it. I did some (bad)research and so that's how I came up with Namyangju. I was originally(again) gonna make him go somewhere more farther away, like Busan. Ok no, I was gonna make him run all the way to Hongdae, but that changed because Hongdae is kinda very modernised, and Namyangju is... less. I'm probably wrong but let's just pretend that I'm right.

As for the new character, I'm still deciding whether I want this character to become one of the main or not. Should I? I guess the reader's opinion should count too. Please do comment your thoughts. If I do end up making her one of the main, she'll probably be a minor character, and something Jiyong uses to get Sandara out of his mind.

I also want to say thanks for the continuously increasing number of subscriptions. I currently have 83 subscribers, and I've never really had any subcribers over around 33 in my other stories. This is my most popular story, and I'm asking myself why. Well, thanks for the support and please do comment.

Peace out es

-K.o