Dawn

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin strode down from the stairs managing the strap of her bag at the same time. She could hear Woohyun having an argument with Jung from dining room. It wasn’t something new to her now, since they always fight over every little thing.

 

“-was for me!” She went in and saw Woohyun eating his breakfast and Jung scowling at him. “Good morning,” Chaerin spurred as she took her seat beside Jung and dug into her own plate of western breakfast which included scrambled egg, bacon and toast with apple juice - the normal breakfast she’d get at her aunt’s place.

 

“Meh, it’s in my stomach now,” Woohyun stuck his tongue out and quickly tug it back inside when he saw Jung making move to rip his tongue off his mouth. Chaerin duck her head down to hide her smile.

 

As entertaining as it was to see both siblings having small fights, she missed her own moments with her sister. They’d fight too, but at the end of the day her sister would sacrifice everything for her. “You can take mine, Unnie” Chaerin said, placing a piece of bacon from her own plate to Jung’s. Chaerin knew very well how Jung loved to bacons for her breakfast, and looking at her angry face, she could make out the reason behind the siblings' argument.

 

“Aw~ Thanks hun, but you don’t need to,” Jung tried to place it back in Chaerin’s plate, but younger one quickly held her hand. “I insist,” Chaerin pressed her hand on Jung’s and latter smiled and chewed the piece of bacon with content smile on her face.  

 

“I’m giving you an advice as your caring oppa,” Woohyun started with a note he hoped was serious enough. Thinking it was really something  important he was going to say her, Chaerin leaned forward so that she’ll not miss a single word her oppa was going to say, but then “Be careful of Jung noona, she’s just using you,” he started to run the moment he finished making fun of his sister.

 

It was a good way to start her new day. With Woohyun’s constant chatter and Jung’s complaints regarding her brother, Chaerin felt like she was kid all over again – playing around with her Unnie and Oppa. But that also made her miss her sister more.

 

The eyes which were following the movements of the both sibling stilled at some place far as she immersed in reminiscing her childhood with her dear sister. How they’d play around the house, running here and there – never left out of energy. Without her knowing, one tear drop rolled down from her cheek, and that sensation brought back her to the present, her current surrounding. Quickly wiping that with back of her hand, she focused her attention on finishing her unfinished breakfast.

 

She had no time for being crybaby now. It was a big day of her life. The purpose of moving in with her aunt to Seoul, by leaving her mother, father and Chaekyung behind was starting today.

 

It was her first day at SNU, along with Woohyun.

 

 

Seoul National University. The name contains everything. The University’s campus was very, very vast – every single student body from South Korea could fit in there, only if they are intelligent enough to go through SNU’s entrance exams. It’s not hidden from anyone how difficult it is to pass the entrance of SNU, and if you did pass them, then hats off to you.

 

Being the ex-students of the prestigious Harvard University, there was no questioning on the intelligence of Luhan and his friends. The boys were warmly welcomed at SNU’s study program.

 

Luhan was chatting animatedly with Lay, who was in fact only nodding his head along, not getting what the older boy was blabbering about. The looks Luhan was getting from other students was completely oblivious to him, until the younger male, Tao, mentioned about how everybody was staring at them and how girls swooned at them.

 

“It’s because of our looks,” Chen claimed, being all proud and confident suddenly. “Wah! First day has yet to start, and we've become popular already? Daebak!” Kris scoffed at Chen’s conceited attitude. As they walked in the corridor of one of the buildings, they heard murmurs, which mentioned the name of Lu Enterprises. And now, it all made sense to them.

 

Luhan’s picture was posted on every other newspaper after the day of the party, which gained quite popularity on Luhan’s account – for being the heir of such a large company and of course, for his good looks. “It’s not us who are popular here, but Lu ge,” Tao slung his arm over Luhan’s shoulder as he gave Chen a lopsided grin.

 

Luhan just rolled his eyes. He had no interest in the discussion which is subjected on popularity, he had enough of that. He wanted something…different, something…something normal? Maybe. “Guys, I think we should drop this topic. Look at Luhan’s dark face,” Xuimin was a great observer among them, beside Kris. Kris’s observance skills were at par too, but he was not the person who’d say that out loud. And Luhan?

 

Well, let’s just say he was King of obliviousness. He was too ignorant for his own good, he needed everything to be said out loud and clear, which becomes impossible at some situations. If he didn’t understand anything, and if there’s no one to elaborate it for him, he’d just ignore it. Completely.

 

They got their schedules from the reception of the main office. They didn’t take same course. Luhan, Kris and Tao had to take business course, while other three choose Music as their subject for graduation. Tao was the only one among them who was admi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter