Lost

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was stunned for some time, trying to understand the situation. He looked around to make sure about his possessions, “Wallet? Check. Handphone? Check. Camera? ...Check. Car keys? Check. And…” he frowned as he emptied his pocket. “Where did it go?” Luhan searched underneath the tree he had been sleeping on. But still, he found nothing.

 

“Aish! Where did it go?” he slouched on the ground, his back against the tree. He brought his hands behind his head as he started to think about the possible places where the picture could be, but couldn’t think of any other that where he was sitting. But, he recalled something. “Don’t tell me…” he uttered, looking at the direction where the girl disappeared to. “No way.”

 

Without turning back even for once, Chaerin ran for her life from the park. She collided into many people, but was too scared to even stop and apologize. Slowing down meant her getting caught by the stalker, so she kept running without apologizing to anyone.

 

The sun was getting brighter as minutes passed and the heat was consuming Chaerin’s energy. With her empty stomach, it was getting hard for her to keep on running any further. The Nams' residence was just before her sight, but her steps were getting heavier while her vision was getting darker. At last, she lost it. Everything around her turned dark and her body felt weak to the extent of collapsing, but she never did.

 

“Chaerin-ah, walked faster.”

 

Chaerin looked at her sister’s worried face as she looked behind them from time to time. She tried to look too, but couldn’t find anyone behind them. She pulled her sister’s hand as the older girl looked down at her. “Why? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

Chaerin shook her head, “I can’t walk faster than this, Unnie. Can’t we slow down a little?” The girl looked at her sister pitifully before nodding her head. “Okay, we’ll do that. But if you hear any footsteps from behind, start running, okay? Don’t wait for me, just start running.”

 

Chaerin didn’t understand why her sister asking her to do that, but nevertheless, she nodded her head. It didn’t happen once, but every time she’d go out with her sister, she had to come home earlier than her sister. Every time she’d hear footstep from behind, she’d start to run. Until one time, she decided to hid by the corner and watch what taking her sister so long. But she never expected her sister to get followed by some boys from her school.

 

Sure, she was still young, but she knew those things were bad and dangerous. She came out from her hiding spot, when she saw them trying to touch her sister and the latter's face consumed by fear.

 

“DON’T TOUCH MY SISTER!” she shouted at the top her lungs. At first they were shocked at the new appearance, but when they saw who it was, they couldn’t help but laugh at the young girl’s bravery.

 

The older girl was most afraid when she saw her little sister. She quickly ran to her, shielding her. “Please, leave me for today. Don’t be like this in front of my little sister,” she begged them. “You don’t pay us. So just shut it. Also, Gaeun promised me a date, so why would I ruin it because of you?”

 

Chaerin peeked from the corner what those boys were doing, she saw a boy taking a bottle of liquid out of his pocket. “Once I throw this on you my work is done,” he smirked. While he was busy with the girls, his friends were keeping an eye on the road.

 

Chaerin squinted her eyes and gasped when she read the letters on the bottle. It was an acid bottle. They were trying to harm her sister with that. No. Unnie. I need to do something to help her. She scanned the place to look for something, but jumped in shock when she heard her sister’s cry of pain. “Unnie?! UNNIE!”

  

 “UNNIE! UNNIE! UNNIE!”

“She’s awake! She’s awake, Yeobo!” Mrs. Park exclaimed, quickly getting on her daughter’s side. Everyone was gathered around Chaerin. “Don’t worry, Chaerin-ah. Everything’s alright.” Mrs. Park cradled her daughter with teary eyes. It pained her to look at Chaerinwith this condition.

 

Chaerin would always wake up shouting and sobbing in her sleep. The trauma she got from her sister’s event was so severe that even after six years, she was getting nightmares about that incident. After that, she lost her interest in being friends with anyone, being close to anyone.

 

Her parents had hurried to Seoul when they got a call from Mrs. Nam in the morning. “Omma… Omma… u-unnie… she needs… us. Help her, omma,” Chaerin held her mother’s hand in desperation as if her life depends on it, looking for the latter’s eye. Even aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter