Twists

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearly past eleven of night when Luhan stepped into his manor, completing his exhausted day with no accomplishments. When he got the news from Mr. Kim’s call, he thought things were under his bag. But, oh how wrong he was to think that. He was now back at square one, where he had no one to work with.

 

The aspirant sent by Mr. Kim didn’t reach to expectations. Yes, they had talents in dancing and singing, but they lacked a lot on their mannerism. Since the moment they stepped into the room, till they left. Their expressions and movements said it all, how offended they were feeling to be judged by people the same age as them.

 

Luhan didn’t even step on the first flight of steps when someone startled him from behind. It was none other than his father, “How was it?” Only a table lamp was illuminated beside him, as the whole room was resting in the dark.

 

As a matter of fact, Luhan was raised from a well mannered family; and out of his habit, he went to his father to show some repect to the elder. “I’m home,” he simply stated that, ready to get back to his room. “You didn’t answer me,” Mr. Lu spelled out; making Luhan halt on his track,”How was it?” he repeated his question. At first, Luhan didn’t understand what he was talking about, but then he put the pieces together. And the conclusion was, his father. His was behind everything that happened today.

 

How stupid of him to think that Mr. Kim would not inform his father about anything he was doing. Of course Mr. Kim would do that, and knowing his father, he’d do anything to make it harderfor Luhan. “I should’ve known,” Luhan muttered under his breath, as a sarcastic laughter escaped from his parted lips.

 

Mr. Lu held the book which he was reading a little higher to hide the curves of his lips. Yes, he did that on purpose, but he had his own reasons to do that, which he wasn’t about reveal anytime soon. He then stood up from the couch, folded his book close. It was like he was just waiting for Luhan to come home, so that he could rub it on the former's face about how right he was, “I’m glad you got that, even if it’s late. The first rule of business is to never trust anyone, not even your friend.”

 

Luhan watched his father’s figure disappearing on the stairs as he stayed rooted on the same place where he was left. He, surely, had learned his first lesson by trusting Mr. Kim, which he wasn’t going to repeat in the near future.

 

 

Jung was sneakily peeking out from the curtain at the house across the street. She let out a relieved sign knowing that the lights were still off, meaning the house was still empty. “What are you looking at?” Woohyun appeared behind her, opening the curtains, exposing her suspicious presence beside the window. He tried to look where she was looking at, and soon enough he got where her eyes were traveling while standing there, “He’s not here, Noona,” he sighed as he looked at her. Longing was clearly shown in her eyes, but the presence of hesitance wasn’t invisible.

 

“I was just looking outside, nothing more,” she denied, smoothly lying on his face. But he knew better than believing her. “I know, you were,” but he agreed with her anyways, not wanting to stretch the subject anymore. “Go to the bed, Noona. It’s nearly midnight,” Woohyun closed the curtains, grabbing Jung’s arm, he started to drag her from there.

 

As for Jung, she just silently followed her brother. Not before taking a quick glance at the close window, though. She, herself, wasn’t sure if she missed him or not, but the thought of the boy being the same person she was avoiding her whole life, frightened her. She wasn't ready to face him, not yet. And she wasn’t sure if she would ever be.

 

The morning was rather gloomy for everyone. Things were so silent in dining room, and even the ticking of the clock could be heard. “What’s wrong with you all? Nobody’s dead,” she finally broke that silence and felt sparks of happiness listening to her own voice.

 

Jung stabbed on her food using a fork as if it was mocking her for something she'd done. Woohyun shook his head and hung it low, continuing with his breakfast. And the third person wasn’t even there. That was when Jung was reminded about Chaerin’s absence from the early breakfast. “Where’s Chaerinnie? You didn’t wake her up?” she turned to face Woohyun with raised brows. The latter just shrugged his shoulders as he murmered something with his full mouth. Jung smacked him, “Are you a kid? Don’t talk when you eating.”

 

Woohyun choked on his last bite of ham as the sudden aggressiveness of Jung shocked him. After recovering and throwing a glare her way, he spoke, “Why are you asking me that? You’re the one who does this every day,” he defended.

  

Mrs. Nam who was silent the whole time, finally opened , “Now, if the both of you have finished your talking, I’d like to say something.” Both of them kept their mouth shut. “Good. So the answer for your question is that unlike you guys, Chaerin woke up early and left to get some fresh air.”

 

Both of them stared at their mother with bewilderment and simultaneously checked their watch to see the time. It was past seven in the morning, and too early to go out. At least, for them, it was too early.

 

Chaerin had headphones on as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter