Flustered

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yes miss, would you like to introduce yourself?” the male teacher asked. He wasn’t that old, maybe in his thirties, or less. His brown hair were tousled back, causing his fine forehead to come into view. “But I’d like to introduce myself first, so… if you don’t mind,” he flashed Chaerin a charming smile, gestured her to sit down.

 

He clapped his hands enthusiastically and took out his guitar from behind the table. “You’ve to do it like me. This is how introduction goes in my class,” he said, sitting on the top of the table and placing the guitar on his lap in a proper position. He drummed his fingers over the strings before he smoothly started to play a soothing melody.

 

Chaerin closed her eyes, momentarily forgetting the fact that she had to play after this calming piece. She was so lost in its melody that without her knowing she started to sway her head along with the music. Behind, Myungsoo had his eyes on her. He was lost in her eyes, again when their eyes met. He was at loss words for a moment. And he’d never been like that, ever.

 

Namgrease had already told them about his little sister’s story and Myungsoo truly felt bad for her, but that was it. And now that he’d met her in person, saw the depth in her eyes, he was mesmerized by them. He wanted to look into them more. They seemed to hold too many secrets – more than what Woohyun even knew. From their last encounter, Myungsoo was sure that she was still shaken by the incident in her childhood.

 

But now? At this moment, she seemed very different; like a whole different person while listening to the music. The loud applaud from the whole class diverted his attention to their teacher who was beaming at the whole class. “Now, class, let me introduce myself. I’m Jung Jinwoon, your guitar teacher for the whole semester.”

 

Mr. Jung looked at Chaerin who was avoiding his eyes by looking to the window. “Yes, Ms. Blue-dress, it’s your turn to introduce yourself. Please come forward.” It took sometime for Chaerin to get the hold of the fact that she was wearing a blue dress, and her teacher, in fact, was calling her out.

 

Chaerin’s heart was thumping so loudly that she was afraid if anyone would hear her loud heartbeat. Slowly, with shaky legs, Chaerin stood up from her seat and made her way to the front of the class.

 

She was scared to death. What if she made fool out of herself? What if she forgot the chords of her song? And what if her classmates made fun of her? All those negative thoughts were piled up in her mind.

 

“Um…”

 

“Here,” Mr. Jung handed her a guitar which he  holding, “You’ve to play one song, anything you like. And introduce yourself to the class.” He patted her on the back.

 

Chaerin flinched visibly at his touch, which didn’t go unnoticed by Myungsoo. Chaerin positioned the guitar and dared to look over the class to see that everyone was looking expectantly at her. However, no one was giving her a judging stare, which relieved her. Taking in a long breath, Chaerin closed her eyes and placed her fingers over the guitar strings, thinking about the person she missesd the most.

 

 

By lunch time, everyone was crowded in the cafeteria. The cafeteria was as big as any other department of the whole university. It was a two storey building surrounded by a beautiful garden. The building was completely built out of glass, but outsiders cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter