Chaerin

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The school bell rang, signaling that the first class would be starting in the next five minutes. Students started to pile up in front of their class - no one was looking forward to the detention class held by Mr. Kim, since he had always been telling the students to complete it by running four rounds around the school ground, which was extraordinarily big.

 

“Is she here yet?”

 

“Of course not! She always comes after or with a teacher. I don't get it, why doesn’t she just come up to the class, rather than waiting in an isolated area for the bell to ring?”

 

“Ugh, let’s just mind our own business. We don’t have anything to do with that ugly duckling anyway.”

 

Girls started to gossip, as soon as they took their respective seats. And boys, being boys, were making noise and getting scolded from some teachers who were passing by their class for throwing paper planes and shouting across the room. Some group of friends were laughing loudly, pointing here and there.

 

Oh well, in simple words, before teacher arrives at the class, the said place was as noisy as hell.

 

Far from them, at the highest point of school, Chaerin was sitting on the rooftop’s railings. She checked the timing before gathering her stuff with were spread around her legs.

 

That’s the daily routine for her - coming to school earlier than everyone, and being present in the classroom after everyone else. The classroom which was full of students suffocates her, and that’s why Chaerin always does that.

 

Before she reached her homeroom class, her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Shin was going on with the roll-calling. Even though Chaerin knew  Mrs. Shin was aware that no one else other than Chaerin comes late to the class, she still knocked on the door as a respectful action towards the teacher, before entering the classroom. Mrs. Shin ignored that little disturbance and continued with her further work. As for the students, it was happening on regular a basis, so they could care less about that.

 

Park Chaerin was like a wallflower of the school, having pale white skin, but no beautiful features on that face, except for her plump lips and long black hair which seemed to also not been maintained very well. It wasn’t like the students were judging Chaerin by her looks, but whenever they tried to approach her, she either ran away or just stood there quietly like the others were air.

 

The rest of the day was nothing special for Chaerin - only listening to teachers while taking down some notes here and there. There was just this last five minutes left before school ends, and those minutes were reserved for homeroom teachers to end the class with assignments of homework, or any other announcement there was.

 

Mrs. Shin entered the classroom and dumped her pile of books on the desk to gain the students' attention, which always worked. The class was in a pin-drop silence, as their teacher cleared to start her speech. Chaerin had also leaned forward in interest to listen to what her teacher was going to say.

 

“So, class, all of you know that this is your last month of the senior year in this school. Therefore, my next and last assignment for you all i s that I want to know what is your dream, and what you want to become after you leave this school, understood?” The students responded with a chorus of "yes" behind her. “The name of this assignment will be 'First Step For Future'.”

 

As soon as the last words slipped from the teacher’s mouth, students, again, started to chatter among themselves. Chaerin observed her surroundings, everyone was talking to their friends, and no one was loner except for her. Some of them looked happy with the given assignment, while some whined at their friends, commenting about how boring the concept sounded.

 

Finally, the bell rang, indicating their break-out. Chaerin was the last person to leave the school gates.  

 

The outside world was much nosier than in her classroom. But for the solution, there were earphones, and she thanked wholeheartedly for that to the creator

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter