Chapter 9

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do we even take up these projects?” Lu Han ran his hand through his hair in exasperation.

“Because it’s our job,” Byun Baekhyun said with a shrug.

“It’s annoying!” Lu Han threw his hands up in the air.
How the hell are we supposed to make ads that make sense when their products don’t?”

“Dog food makes sense,” Baekhyun sat himself on a chair across from Lu Han on the large table. The two were in one of the conference rooms along with a few other colleagues. Baekhyun could sense Lu Han’s mood degrading and was looking for a way to send him away without offending him.

Lu Han looked at Baekhyun with narrowed eyes which made the younger man hold up his hands as if in surrender. “I’m just saying. Hyung, you should take a breather.”

“Do you mean I’m not stable?”

“Lu Han, for once he’s right...you can go back to your office,” a new voice suddenly spoke. Everyone in the room looked at the man who had just walked in. He was a small man in his late fifties, with an air of unlimited energy about him. The Director greeted back when the entire room chorused in greeting.

Lu Han stood up, bowed silently and left the room. He couldn’t defy his boss...especially when he was the one of nicest people he had ever met. He walked to his office and shut the door. Walking over to his desk, his eyes landed on the envelope which he thought he had discarded.

Unconsciously, his hands reached for the crème envelope and he ran his hands across it. He opened it despite not wanting to. The invitation felt like it weighed a thousand tonnes.

Her name was written in golden letters. Song Guan-yin.

She was mocking him, wasn’t she? Why else would she send her invitation all the way to Korea when it was plainly obvious that he wouldn’t be able to attend? It was her way of telling him that she had moved on...him leaving her didn’t mean anything.

Lu Han had never regretted his decision of leaving her and coming to Korea. It was what he wanted and he was realistic, high school flings never lasted. Once you got the person you wanted, you started longing for someone else.

Then why had his post high school relationships been as meaningless? Why was his most memorable relationship his ‘fling’ with Guan-yin? Hers obviously wasn’t the one with him.

She was getting married. Good for her. He didn’t care.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter