Chapter 5

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunjung's breath hitched as she looked around in the darkness. A sob escaped her lips despite her efforts to stop it. She reached forward with her hands, just to be met with the feeling of still air. She needed something...she was searching for something and she didn't know what it was. Silent sobs escaped her lips as the darkness swallowed her. The more she wanted to see something, the denser the darkness became. The outer world seemed misty.

With a sudden gasp, her eyes managed to open themselves. She lay in her bed in the darkness of her new room. She had thrown the covers off in her sleep and she now reached for them in the dark. She turned over when she finally managed to wrap the covers around her just to realise that her pillowcase was wet.
Her shaking hands reached up to her face and wiped the tears that she hadn't realised had fallen in reality. She took a deep breath and sat up. The tears were still falling; she needed water.

Sunjung reached for bedside table but could only sigh when she realised she had forgotten to keep her nightly glass of water. She got of bed and silently made her way out of the room and into the living room.

She didn't know what time it was but she knew it was late and she certainly didn't expect to see a young man asleep on the couch.
She gasped slightly at the sight of her housemate, who looked somewhat of a mess.
But she didn't really have time to think upon that. She rushed to the kitchen and got herself a bottle of water.

She almost drank the entire bottle in one swig. And only after a minute of standing in the darkness and her bare feet finally began to register the coldness of the tile floor did she started to think straight.

Sunjung didn't want to go back to her nightmare or the cause of it. She hadn't had them in such a long time; she had stopped thinking about it. She stood still and wiped at her eyes again.

She unconsciously wrapped her arms around her petite body. She needed comfort...and she didn't know where to get it from. She surprised herself when another tearless sob escaped her lips accompanied by a faint call for her grandmother.

 

Lu Han groaned as he sat up on the couch that morning. His eyes wouldn't open properly as he stretched with a yawn distorting his features for a moment. His back was sore and he now regretted sleeping on the couch when he had a perfectly good bed.

Baekhyun had taken him and a few other colleagues drinking and they had overindulged in celebrating their Friday. Lu Han didn't get drunk, not often, but the night before he had been a bit buzzed and lightheaded, lying on the couch while watching a late night drama had seemed to be the best idea when he had entered the apartment.

As the sun streamed into the room through the large glass doors and the windows, he couldn't help but wince a little. Lu Han ran a hand through his hair warily but stopped midway when he saw the glass of water on the coffee table. His throat suddenly felt dry at the sight of the clear liquid. Seo Sunjung had left it ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter