Chapter 31

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han ran his hand through his brown hair for the umpteenth time that evening. He had been trying to look his best for the past half an hour but every time he re-examined himself in the mirror, he’d find new flaws. His hair wouldn’t sit right, sticking up in weird places, his collar would look un-ironed and his shoes would look a bit too big for his feet.

He sighed and then cocked an eyebrow at his reflection, putting on his best supermodel face. Finally satisfied, he brushed the non-existent dust off his shirt and turned to exit the bathroom.

Walking into the living room, he was glad to find that Sunjung wasn’t ready yet. It would have been embarrassing if he had stepped out to find that he’d spent more time grooming than she had.
He couldn’t get himself to sit down as his eyes ran across the room, not landing on anything in particular.

To say that Lu Han was excited would be an understatement. He felt like he could do five victory laps of a football field without having to stop for breath.
He still couldn’t quite wrap his head around the fact that he was taking his housemate on an actual date. That they were actually dating.

A small frown appeared on his face at the thought.

It didn’t actually feel like they were in a romantic relationship. To him at least, it didn’t.
Everything felt amazingly ordinary. He was aware of the fact that they had been together for only a couple of days but...
Lu Han made up his mind to change the blandness of their everyday lives for a night.

His thoughts were cut short when he heard Sunjung’s bedroom door open and close, his eyes immediately darted to his girlfriend.

Sunjung smiled nervously at Lu Han, half wishing he would stop looking at her with that look in his eyes. A look that made her feel a maddening mixture of excitement and nervousness. She had spent a bit more time getting ready than she usually did; Lu Han’s reaction told her that it had paid off.
But her hand immediately went to tug at the hem of her dress that was a lot shorter than she was used to, hence the reason she was wearing black stockings despite Gaeun telling her about a million times that she wasn’t doing the dress justice.

“Uh...”
Lu Han found himself unable to greet Sunjung properly. He obviously thought she was doing the dress every bit of justice she could.
His eyes landed on her legs that looked exceptionally long, thanks to the length of her dress and the black high heels that she had bought for special occasions. His gaze then wandered up to her face which looked almost exactly like it always did but he could point out the minute differences that the makeup had made. The black hairband that adorned her made her look a little less mature than she usually portrayed herself to be, her hair falling to her elbows in soft waves.
To Lu Han, Sunjung had never looked so alluring. His chest seemed to swell when he realised that she had done all of that for him. All the previous nervousness disappeared at the realisation.
“You look beautiful.”

Flushing pink, Sunjung cleared .
“You look great as well.”
She had always thought he did. There was something so unreal about how beautiful Lu Han was, it made her nervous. She didn’t know when she had started noticing how good-looking he actually was but lately, she found herself looking at him when he wasn’t paying attention. Like when he reached up to pick up things she couldn’t reach...the way the muscles in his arms flexed when he did so.
There were a lot more instances when she found herself staring that she was too embarrassed to admit even to herself.

Lu Han found himself closing the distance between Sunjung and himself.
Taking the coat that she had slung on her forearm, he held it up so she could wear it.
“It’ll be kind of cold where I’m taking you.”

She looked up at him with a thankful smile, but her face still betrayed how nervous she felt.

Lu Han thought she looked almost painfully cute when she was nervous, but he had to do something to make her feel better.
Not being able to think of anything else, he leaned down and placed a peck on her lips, lingering for a few more moments than necessary.
He pulled away and gave her the cheekiest grin she had ever seen, fully enjoying the stunned look on her face.

***

Sunjung didn’t know Seoul too well; that fact was a given. So when Lu Han pulled into a parking lot at what seemed to be a dock at Yeouido, she was thoroughly confused and it showed on her face.
She looked at Lu Han in half bewilderment and half surprise as he cut the car’s engine and proceeded to undo his seatbelt without sparing her a glance but something between a smirk and a grin lingered on his lips.

“I didn’t know you’d be this surprised, Sunjung-ah,” Lu Han said as he reached over to undo his immobile girlfriend’s seatbelt too.

Hearing his voice brought Sunjung out of her stunned silence. Her eyes flickered to him, warmth and delight showed in her brown orbs.
“A cruise?” she asked, as if she really couldn’t tell.

“A short one,” he said as he pulled away, “but yeah, a cruise. We’re both not locals so I thought why not. Let’s act like tourists for one night.”

Excitement was evident on Sunjung’s face when she nodded.

 

And act like tourists, they did.

They gushed out loud when the ferry passed by famous tourist spots.
“Isn’t that the 63 Building?”
“That’s the Jamsil Sports Co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter