Chapter 6

Burn all the Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is stupid,” Lu Han muttered under his breath with a roll of his eyes. He downed his third glass of water that hour in a few gulps.
He had excused himself from the company of his beloved friend and housemate to get some air to breathe. It was difficult enough to breathe when he was in the same room with Sunjung; Joonmyun had apparently decided to make it more difficult.

Lu Han knew Joonmyun meant well...he did, but he was taking it a bit too far for Lu Han's liking.

He stretched and rubbed the back of his neck slowly; he didn't want to go back into the kitchen which seemed to grow smaller and smaller by the minute.
With a sigh he trudged out of his room and towards the kitchen. A small pout graced his face that made him look almost as innocent as a child.

When Lu Han entered the kitchen that he had almost begun to hate, he was met with the sight of Sunjung standing on her tiptoes reaching for a cabinet that seemed out of her reach. He stepped forward to help her but Joonmyun, always the gentleman, beat him to it.
Sunjung sent him a small smile as he handed her the dish that she wanted. Joonmyun smiled back as he stepped away from her.

Lu Han cleared his throat, feeling left out for some reason.

Joonmyun turned to him, “Hyung, have you eaten Sunjung's food?”

Said ‘hyung’ had difficulty in keeping his expression neutral.
He didn't know why he was feeling so annoyed with his younger friend at that very moment.
Why couldn't he just leave?
Lu Han cleared his throat again, “I have.”

“Oh, then you know she cooks well.” Joonmyun looked at Sunjung with what seemed to be a hint of pride.

Sunjung narrowed her eyes at him, still not sure why he was acting like a doting mother.
Joonmyun was helping her cook food for three. He himself wasn't bad at whipping up something to eat, Sunjung was just better.
Said woman enjoyed cooking and eating, but not under these circumstances. She didn't feel at ease with the two men, Joonmyun being fussy and Lu Han just silently watching.

It was a miracle she had agreed to this, but it was better that going out to lunch and doing this weird meet-up in public like Joonmyun had suggested.
Thankfully, she and Lu Han had been of the same mind about Joonmyun's plan and had quickly vetoed him.

Both housemates hadn't thought it necessary to ‘get to know each other’. They already knew enough things about each other. They both woke up at around the same time and went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter