Worst-Case Scenario

Socks and Fate

Wow, that was the best you got?

Shut up, brain.

Park Chanyeol was looking at Baekhyun like he was some kind of kid who just ate and had spaghetti all over his face.

"Actually, I have socks--"

Baekhyun's deadly glare automatically made its way to Oh Sehun. And Sehun got the message as fast as the glare was sent.

The things I do for my bestfriend. Sehun thinks to himself.

Sehun sighs. "Okay, those are mine. I'm sorry about the trouble." He reaches out his hand to receive the single sock Chanyeol was holding for almost 5 minutes by now.

But something snaps in his mind.

"Where did you get this, by the way?" Sehun raises a brow at Chanyeol, who didn't even seem to know what he's doing in this world(the grin adds on to this aspect).

"Uuhhh..." Chanyeol scratches his head in a manner where he looks from left to right, and then back at the person he's talking to. 

Baekhyun smiles at the sight.

He's cute.

Chanyeol is unsure of what to say and finds himself stuttering as he looks at a blushing Baekhyun.
"I was--- uuhh. Act--actually on my way to uumm.. to the.. to my club and found this on the ground. Heh." Phew.

"Oh, that's coo--" Sehun's answer was cut with a giggle from no one else but his bestfriend.

"You're so cute." Baekhyun giggles.

And eventually mentally slaps himself for saying that.

"Pardon?" Chanyeol's voice was not stable(or at least that was what Baekhyun thought) and his grin couldn't get any wider.

"N-nothing! I--- I need to go! Bye! It was nice meeting you!" Baekhyun runs off with a confused Chanyeol and a smirking Sehun.

"He's always like that with people, sorry about the trouble once again." Sehun gave off a half smile which wasn't even clear to Chanyeol's sight.

"No problem, Sehun. And tell Baekhyun thanks. I think he's cute too." Chanyeol smiles and trails off.

 

----

"I don't believe you. Go away, Sehun!" a blushing Baekhyun shoves Sehun's despicable face away.

Sehun fakes a scowl. "Do it your way, smurfboy. I heard it with my own ears. If only you didn't run off like that, then you could have heard it yourself."

"I'm sorry I bailed out, okay. It was just---- aaahhh! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HE ACTUALLY THINKS I'M CUTE. I MEAN, WHO KNEW HE NOTICES ME, RIGHT?!" Baekhyun shakes his poker-faced bestfriend in the shoulders with matching squealing.

"What's happening here?"

And a doe-eyed, short guy appears from behind the bench Sehun and Baekhyun was sitting on.

"Do Kyungsoo, you could always let us be aware of your presence instead of popping out of nowhere." Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Don't 'Do Kyungsoo' me, young man. Do you know what the word 'hyung' is for? Pft." Kyungsoo's eyes looked like it was about to come off his face.

Baekhyun muffles a laughter as he looks at both men quarrel like little kids.

"HEY! LOOK OUT!"

An unfamiliar voice came from somewhere from the field, not far from where the 3 boys were sitting.

Actually, the voice was just following something. A spinning soccer ball. Headed to their way. To Oh Sehun's face, to be exact.

Sehun froze. Eyes sticking to the spinning ball heading towards him.
BAM.

Sehun eyes were shut. Feeling the pain in his own nose and cheeks.

"What the hell was that-" He groans as he knots his forehead, waiting for even one of his so called bestfriends to show enough concern to help him. But the bastards were just looking at him. Sehun saw this coming.

A guy in his soccer uniform was running towards them. Panting, with a worried look all over his face.

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident! Are you okay?!"
The kid was young-looking, Baekhyun predicts he's probably a freshman. His hair was blonde and his body was just perfect. His face was angelic. Perfect in any angle Baekhyun wants.

"I'm okay." Sehun massages his own face and slowly flutters his own eyes open. "Hurts a litt-"
Sehun's eyes had no time for adjusting. His mouth was hung open and eyes that could compete with Kyungsoo's.

"LUHAN?!"

"SEHUN?!"
The two said in unison.

 Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exchange looks.

What? They know each other?

-------

I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE. BUT I'M WORKING ON THE DRAFT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. THANKS FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS. DIDN'T EXPECT THAT. :)

~Arniieeee