Nice Move.

Socks and Fate

Baekhyun was staring at the ceiling. Blinking like he was trying to sink in what Chanyeol was saying.

"Baekhyun? If you don't wanna come with me, it's fi--"
"I would love to hangout with you tomorrow, Chanyeol." Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun's smile from the other line.

Silence was present, both latters were tensing up.

Baekhyun's heart was about to explode, he needed to scream his heart out, so he decided to fake a yawn.

"Are you sleepy, Baekhyun?"
"Chanyeol, it's 3 in the morning." Baekhyun laughs softly.

Baekhyun's laugh.

What is life? Is air even for real?

God I love your voice, Byun.

Why are you doing this to me?

You're supposed to be JUST my crush.

Chanyeol was having this ramble going in his mind, he didn't notice Baekhyun calling out his name.

"Chanyeol?"

"Chanyeol, still there?"

"Iadoreyourvoicesomuch." Chanyeol whispers in speed.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. YOU'RE JUST SO DUMB, Chanyeol.

Freak off, peewee brain.

"Ohh.. Thanks?" Baekhyun was more than confused. Thoughts like maybe Chanyeol had a crush on him as well were starting to stream in his on brain. Orrrr. Maybe Chanyeol was always like this to everybody?

Chanyeol frowns at Baekhyun's response.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. THAT'S EVEN WORSE THAN FRIENDZONE. YOU JUST GOT THANKYOUZONED.

Whatever. I don't expect him to like me back anyways.

Baekhyun didn't know what to say, he was beyond flattered at his crush's statement.

He was as silent as an ant. 

The situation was starting to get awkward.

"I think I should go to sleep, Chanyeol. We're gonna see each other tomorrow anyways." 

"Okay."

"Okay."

But Chanyeol didn't want to hang-up. He wished Baekhyun felt the same.

"Aren't you gonna hang-up now?" Baekhyun lets out a nervous chuckle.

Please feel the same, Chanyeol.

Please feel like you don't want to hang-up as much as I don't want you to.

Silence was Chanyeol's response to Baekhyun.

Maybe if he acted like he fell asleep would be perfect.

"Seems like you're asleep now, Mr. Serial Killer." Baekhyun speaks. 

"Goodnight, Chanyeol."

And for the first time in his life, Baekhyun sleeps with his phone beside him.

-----

Chanyeol woke up with his phone buzzing.

He knots his forehead, slowly massaging his forehead while rubbing his eyes.

He had a new message.

His hopes started raising that maybe it would be Baekhyun.

But he was just disappointed that someone else's name appeared.

From: Galaxy Swag

To: Ugly Pedo

Ayo waddup Chanyeol.

We have practice today. Be sure you get your here early.

"Shoot. I can't believe I forgot about practice. I have to tell Baek---"
The mention of Baekhyun's name alarmed, Chanyeol.

"SINCE WHEN DID HE HANG-UP?"

Chanyeol was scrolling his phone too fast, it made him look like he needed to call 911.

He saw the last person's name he was looking for in his contact logs.

Disconnected 45 minutes ago.

Chanyeol's smile creeps up to a really wide grin.

Maybe he didn't want to han-up as well.

Nah, he just fell asleep.

Wow. Thanks for the support, brain.

No biggy.

Chanyeol snaps out of his thoughts when his bestfriend, Kim Jongin barges inside his room.

"HYYUUNNG! GUESS WHAT?"

"I don't want to guess. What is it, choco man?" Chanyeol was proud of the nickname he just invented for Jongin.

Jongin scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"I had the best day of my life yesterday!" Jongin runs to Chanyeol, pulling him out of bed, hugging Chanyeol so tight while jumping happily.

"I know, Kyungsoo agreed that he goes on a date with you."
"How did you--"
"I have connections too." Chanyeol winks. Of course, he knew because of the phone call Baekhyun received yesterday.

He's been watching Baekhyun for awhile now that he even notices Baekhyun's two bestfriends, Sehun and Kyungsoo.

"I THINK HE LIKES ME!" Jongin clasps both his hands in front of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol laughs out loud at the statement Jongin just said.

"You THINK too much." He gave a fake sympathetic pat on Jongin's shoulder.

"Fck off, Chanyeol. You're just jealous that Baekhyun never noticed you yet." Jongin laughs deviously.

"It's funny how you joined the Basketball Team just because you think he likes those type of boys." Jongin continues his speech. 

Chanyeol realizes something and covers Jongin's mouth with both of his hands.

"OH YES! I HAVE TO GO TELL HIM THAT I HAVE TO GO PRACTICE AND I'LL JUST HAVE TO CANCEL OUR DATE TODAY." Chanyeol's eyes grew wide. 

"You have a date? With Byun Baekhyun? THE Byun Baekhyun?" Jongin slaps Chanyeol's hands away. "I don't believe you. I have trust issues when it comes to you talking about that guy you've been crushing on for your whole life." He rolls his eyes.

Chanyeol had no time to sass back at his own bestfriend. Instead, he went outside his porch to dial Baekhyun's number.

Baekhyun answers in just 3 rings.

"Hello?"

GOOD GOD. BYUN BAEKHYUN'S BED VOICE.

I GET TO HERE EVEN THOUGH WE DIDN'T HAVE YET.

SAVE MY SOUL.

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.

Baekhyun wondered why there was no response, he looks at the screen display to look at who was calling.

IT'S CHANYEOL.

GHAD I PROBABLY SOUND SO AWFUL.

Baekhyun clears his thoughts, as well his throat.

"Uhhh. Chanyeol? You there?"

 

Baekhyun's voice was too y for Chanyeol to handle.
A minute ago, he called to tell Baekhyun he had to cancel their little 'date'(at least, that's what Chanyeol thinks of the hangout.)

But hearing Baekhyun's bed voice was too much. He couldn't just cancel it.

Chanyeol was excited. Too excited.

"Ayyy~ Good Morning, Baekhyun!" Chanyeol greets nervously.

"Good Morning, Chanyeol. What's up?"

"You wanna grab breakfast together?"

"DON'T! HE'S AN UGLY GIANT WHO'S BEEN CRUSHING ON YOU FOR HIS WHOLE LIFE! HE COULD UALLY HARASS YOU IF YOU GO WITH HIM!"

Jongin runs away after embarassing Chanyeol.

I WILL FREAKING STRANGLE YOU.

I WILL KILL YOU.

CHOCO MAN.

MEET YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE.

"What-" Baekhyun starts.

"That was from the television. Heh. I'm actually watching T.V. right now." Chanyeol defends fakely.

"Oh, okay. But I can't really go and grab breakfast with you, Sehun's having this issue."
Chanyeol has to admit, the response kind of disappointed him.

"Oh, it's okay. You have a lot of time to talk with your bestfriend."

"How did you know he was my best--"
NICE MOVE, CHANYEOL.

YOU JUST MADE IT EVEN MORE OBVIOUS THAT YOU'VE BEEN STALKING HIM.

I'm not a stalker! It's just he's my crush, okay?!

Shut up and make up an excuse.

Oh, right.

"I have my connections." Chanyeol states.

Baekhyun just shrugs.

"See you later then. Lunch, right?"
"Yeah. Can I pick you up?" Chanyeol was hopeful he wouldn't be disappointed this time.

"Ah, it's okay. Sehun will be the one to do the picking up, and he probably will just drop me off to where you wanna meet. Where are we meeting again?"

Chanyeol had too much disappointments.

But he looks at the bright side, he's gonna see Baekhyun later.

Chanyeol grins and thought of the place where he could impress Baekhyun more. "My house."

Nice move!

Thanks.

"I don't know where you live."

"You know that park near our school?"

"Yeah."
"Turn right. You'll see a white house."

"Okay, see you later, Chanyeol." Baekhyun smiles.

"Can't wait, Baekhyun." Chanyeol meant it. So much.

And with that, Chanyeol hangs-up.

But before Chanyeol goes on and live his happily ever after, he has one more mission.

KILL KIM JONGIN.

"KIM JONGIN! SHOW ME YOUR LIVING BODY AND LET ME TAKE IT AWAY."

Chanyeol's voice echoed in his room.

Where's that bastard.
 

-----

A.N. OKAY SO I'M ENJOYING THIS.

I WANTED TO GIVE CHANYEOL A HEARTBREAK ALREADY BUT I WANNA DO IT IN THE MIDDLE PART SO YEAH.

THANKS GUYS.

~Arrniieee